Subject: hmm.. haven't seen this before

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 06:38 AM
By: zamboni

Content:

Something Improbable!
Half-hidden in damp leaves under a bush you notice a smudged, battered old playing card. You can't think what use it could be -- and anyway, you have no place to keep it -- so you don't trouble to pick it up.

I had a completely empty backpack (80kg)... interesting...

Replies:

Re: hmm.. haven't seen this before

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 08:33 AM
By: NotAgain

Content:

It wasn't a D is for Ducky by any chance?

I find Skidge's cards always seem to end up in... interesting places.

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 01:36 PM
By: Zolotisty

Content:

trains trains trains trains trains trains --

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 02:23 PM
By: Chimental

Content:

Quote by: Zolotisty

trains trains trains trains trains trains --

Hmmm....I think Z is trying to tell us something.

What is it, girl? Old Man Bernard stuck under a tree?

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 06:17 PM
By: Count+Sessine

Content:

"All aboooard!"

Mr. Green

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 06:21 PM
By: kireikatt

Content:

:O I got it too! I'd be terribly happy to see the trains up and running!

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 06:32 PM

Content:

They are. But you will have to discover how to get a Rail Pass.

And that is all I am going to say.

Edit: No, I am going to say one more thing -- please hold off for a bit, guys! There are a few small code-fixes to the game framework that this feature relies on, and they haven't been put in place in the live game. It will be fixed soon has been fixed. Big Grin

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 06:44 PM
By: Marly

Content:

EEEEEEE!!!!

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 06:44 PM

Content:

Quote by: Count+Sessine

They are. But you will have to discover how to get a Rail Pass.

And that is all I am going to say.

>.>
"What is your quest?"
"I seek the holy rail pass!"

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 06:57 PM
By: bl0b

Content:

You shall not pass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3lemOeuyXM

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 08:17 PM

Content:

Okay, should be fixed now. Go to it!

Posted on: July 07 2010 @ 08:28 PM

Content:

Meep Meep!

Posted on: July 08 2010 @ 03:16 AM

Content:

Got that same message today - still no place to keep it, even though I had an almost empty backpack!

Posted on: July 08 2010 @ 08:19 AM
By: Snow+Gray

Content:

I got one too! I am looking forward to my railpass quest too Big Grin

Posted on: July 08 2010 @ 04:37 PM
By: Rykar

Content:

Man... it is lonely aboard this train...

*pathetic little choo choo noise*

Posted on: July 08 2010 @ 05:23 PM

Content:

Now now, Rykar. You know you'll have company soon.

Congratulations!

Posted on: July 08 2010 @ 09:42 PM
By: tehdave

Content:

Just curious, is this something that can only happen in the Jungle? Or is that one of those "Nope not gonna answer this question" kind of deals?

Posted on: July 08 2010 @ 09:49 PM

Content:

i've found two while traveling between out posts, so apparently not.

Posted on: July 08 2010 @ 10:42 PM

Content:

Just as a helpful hint... travelling isn't the easiest or best way to find playing cards.

Posted on: July 08 2010 @ 11:41 PM
By: Ashtu

Content:

S'helpme, iffen I don't figger this out soon, ima gonna go hire me Jesse James and his boys.......

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 12:14 AM

Content:

Hmm... I don't know how revealing I'm supposed to be. Sessine, guidance please?

Also - can't for the life of me figure out how to get passes anymore. I already got some... but I can't get it to happen again :\

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 01:26 AM

Content:

Quote by: Rykar

Hmm... I don't know how revealing I'm supposed to be. Sessine, guidance please?

Also - can't for the life of me figure out how to get passes anymore. I already got some... but I can't get it to happen again :

Reveal anything you want. Maybe if people put their heads together...

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 02:11 AM

Content:

Grrrrrrr - found THREE of the smudged, battered pieces of crap so far, done everything but a mating dance for 'em, and NOTHING!! Do they even notice? noooOOOOOoooo...... Found 'em in the jungle, found 'em in the swamp.....all while traveling..... and whatdoIget? NOTHING! No respect!

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 02:22 AM

Content:

Before you can collect cards, you need a wallet. To get one, go to the Grand Concourse, one klick east of Improbable Central. Enter and leave until you see a scruffy looking man, who will sell you a wallet for 10 cigs.

There are certain places that cards drop. The messages for the drop are clearly specific to the location. So far, these have all been dwellings owned by DICE members. Most of the occurrences have been in Thistlewhite Manor, on top of New Pittsburgh. Cards have been spotted in the Parlor, Kitchen, Bathroom, and Topiary garden, with messages like

What luck! You find a smudged, battered old playing card under a loose brick by the disused fireplace. You've heard these can be worth quite a bit to a collector. Carefully you tuck it away in your fine leather card case.

The other locations I and others have noticed so far are

15,9 Smoking Windmill - Police Box
8,10 Beach Below DICE Clan Halls - The Firepit

But it seems that once you've gotten a couple drops in dwellings, it is almost impossible to get more. I have gotten "something improbable" where I've missed a card twice in a day after getting two.

When starting a new GameDay with a certain number or combination of cards, I'm not sure as to the requirements, they will all vanish and be replaced by a number of train passes.

Combinations as of yet tested:

5 of spades at newday - nothing happens
5 of spades, 8 of diamonds, ace of spades - Nothing
3 of spades - Nothing
5 of spades, ace of spades, 10 of clubs. 2 of stars - Nothing
2,3,5,8,8 of diamonds: 2 passes
Joker, 5 diamonds - Nothing

You can indeed pick up cards with a full wallet...at least I have. But only one so far on a full wallet.

Once you have a train pass, you can go to any train station (one near each outpost) and board the train. One ticket is immediately punched, and you can ride the train as much as you want for the rest of the gameday. The unpunched tickets remain with you at newday, but a punched ticket disappears. Tickets cannot be traded.

Any questions?

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 02:32 AM

Content:

i'm guessing it's a full hand of the same suit, and i've found them just out in the jungle, so it's not just DICE houses.

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 02:40 AM

Content:

Traveling or jungle fighting?

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 02:44 AM
By: Sydney++Fletcher

Content:

I've only found one so far, while traveling, and I've been wandering around a bunch now to see if I can get more, but no luck. So the chances of finding one randomly seem to be pretty low.

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 03:10 AM
By: Fergus

Content:

I got my wallet and found two so far (the 4 and 10 of diamonds), both from in dwellings, though I did not write down coordinates. I know one was in the plains from around the mountain areas, but I totally don't remember the other.

However, after finding those I went on a huge dwelling/island exploration spree, and found no more. I went through all of the rooms of many but the biggest dwellings around IC, PV, AH, and Kit and various routes (connecting routes between towns) and found not a one.
I must note, though, that I did go to 8,10 Beach Below DICE Clan Halls - The Firepit and did not find a card. Perhaps they respawn at island newday, or when turned into a pass or something? Also, is it the same card every time at a dwelling, or a new one?

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 03:18 AM

Content:

As far as we can all tell, there is a limit.

2 or 3 cards per day, MAX. Even Something Improbables won't give you cards past your daily limit.

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 07:30 AM
By: Zpatula

Content:

I've tried asking The Vendor about card trading, but he doesn't seem to understand me. Seems I neet to speak in a Cockney accent?? Anyone have any success with this?

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 08:05 AM
By: Derander

Content:

Any questions?

Yes. Has anyone else got a nine of stars? Or anything else of the suit of stars, for that matter? It was the first card I picked up and since you don't mention it at all I'm curious...

It doesn't change at newday, in case you're wondering.

Also, yay for mentioning the Windmill! (not Dice affiliated)

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 08:06 AM

Content:

Quote by: Zpatula

I've tried asking The Vendor about card trading, but he doesn't seem to understand me. Seems I neet to speak in a Cockney accent?? Anyone have any success with this?

No success, but he seems to be Case Sensitive.

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 03:38 PM

Content:

The Vendor will only tell you about a card if somebody else has it. For example, if I were to now ask him about the "Nine of Stars", he would ask for a cig, then tell me that Derander has one.

Posted on: July 09 2010 @ 03:41 PM
By: Buddleia

Content:

Minor cosmetic bug: the wallet is listed as being able to hold 10g, but when you find cards, they are listed as 2kg. Not that they actually take up that much.

Request: would it be possible to have a Distraction when you're trading, ideally saying what card arrived and who it's from? Rather than keep clicking back and forth between their bio and the trading screen and your inventory to see if it's arrived?

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 01:44 AM

Content:

Humph. Not that I'm trying to attract random visitors to my shop*, but somebody keeps stapling cards to my bulletin board. I mean, really! It's CLEARLY marked for party business only, but I've had to take TWO cards down already!

*Ashtu's Anarchy Annex, just south of Kittania - please wipe your feet!

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
By: Hairy+Mary

Content:

Minor typo similar to Buddleia's, in the inventory, cards are listed as taking up 2kg out of the 10kg case. That's damned heavy cards. I suspect that it should be 2g out of 10g.

I'm getting excited about these, I've got some cards, but haven't got a pass yet. I can't wait.

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM

Content:

AHA!

When starting a new GameDay with a certain number or combination of cards, I'm not sure as to the requirements, they will all vanish and be replaced by a number of train passes.

Looks to be a full hand, 5 cards.

2,3,5,8,8 of diamonds: 2 passes

I had 10 and ace of spades, 4 and 7 of diamonds and ace of stars: One Day Rail Pass

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM

Content:

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Minor typo similar to Buddleia's, in the inventory, cards are listed as taking up 2kg out of the 10kg case. That's damned heavy cards. I suspect that it should be 2g out of 10g.

Correct.

So. I did provide the changes to the inventory display code to make grams show correctly, and (miscommunication!) CMJ only applied the change to the card case, and not to the cards. :/ These things happen. It is a cosmetic bug -- doesn't affect the functioning -- which means that it is, unfortunately, now way-far down on the priority list of things to be fixed.

It was caused by the fact that this whole entire Labs thing is brand new. The procedures for merging code are very manual, hence chock-full of opportunities for Murphy to get his interfering hand in. There are ways to make the process considerably smoother and easier. I'm hoping that future contributors will be able to benefit from the glitches that happened this time 'round.

Edit: Oh, and if your cardcase really is showing 2kg out of 10kg, or allowing you to transfer items to and from your backpack and bandolier, that means you got one of the early cases from before some important fixes were applied. Send in a petition, and CMJ will do what he did for me -- he'll take away the defective card case so that you can buy a new one.

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM

Content:

Ah, how many rail passes you get depends on how strong your hand is! Having no pair(s), straight, or flush will just net you one pass, but you'll get more for having those. I'd bet that it's set up the same as normal poker scoring:
Just five cards - 1 pass
One pair - 2 passes
Two pair - 3 passes
Three of a kind - 4 passes
Straight - 5 passes
Flush - 6 passes
Full house - 7 passes
Four of a kind - 8 passes
Straight Flush - 9 passes
Royal Flush - 10 passes
This is still just a guess, though, seeing as so far only the first two have been confirmed.

I'm also assuming the joker card is wild, though it makes me wonder if that means five of a kind is possible, and what'd you'd get from a hand of five jokers.

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 08:13 PM
By: Ochris

Content:

ahahaha zolotisty!

that dancing thing is so cute! i laugh every time.

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 09:18 PM

Content:

Quote by: Fergus

Ah, how many rail passes you get depends on how strong your hand is! Having no pair(s), straight, or flush will just net you one pass, but you'll get more for having those. I'd bet that it's set up the same as normal poker scoring:
Just five cards - 1 pass
One pair - 2 passes
Two pair - 3 passes
Straight - 5 passes
Flush - 6 passes
Full house - 7 passes
Royal Flush - 10 passes
This is still just a guess, though, seeing as so far only the first two have been confirmed.

I'm also assuming the joker card is wild, though it makes me wonder if that means five of a kind is possible, and what'd you'd get from a hand of five jokers.

Ummm...Rykar had a Flush and got two passes. A pair appears to give one pass. Five cards with no pair gives (apparently) nothing.

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 09:23 PM

Content:

Quote by: Zpatula

Quote by: Fergus

Just five cards - 1 pass
One pair - 2 passes
Two pair - 3 passes
Straight - 5 passes
Flush - 6 passes
Full house - 7 passes
Royal Flush - 10 passes

Ummm...Rykar had a Flush and got two passes. A pair appears to give one pass. Five cards with no pair gives (apparently) nothing.

Hmm? I see the flush now that you say it (my bad, I thought it was just a pair), though I swear I had a hand with no pairs or anything and still got a pass... I guess I read wrong, ignore me. Big Grin

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 11:12 PM
By: Lemm

Content:

I got a full house and got one pass

Posted on: July 10 2010 @ 11:20 PM

Content:

I had a 10 and 3 of spades, a 4 and 5 of clubs, and a 7 of hearts. Got one pass.

Posted on: July 11 2010 @ 03:45 AM

Content:

I've been getting 1 pass for all random sets of 5 (or 6) cards. I'm hoping that the number of passes is significantly higher if you go to the trouble to trade up for a better hand.

Posted on: July 11 2010 @ 07:14 AM

Content:

Quote by: zamboni

I've been getting 1 pass for all random sets of 5 (or 6) cards. I'm hoping that the number of passes is significantly higher if you go to the trouble to trade up for a better hand.

Personally, I was going for a straight flush, and didn't realize that I had a pair of twos in it. Day's worth of hard work turned to a single pass. Will try again in the future, to test.

Posted on: July 11 2010 @ 10:38 AM
By: Alex+MacMillan

Content:

I had a flush and got three, can't remember if i got the last card to make my straight or not though.

Three of a kind and two odd cards = only one pass.

Posted on: July 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM

Content:

I had 5 random cards with a pair of aces and got 2 passes. Hooray! Big Grin
I think the available data is enough to show that whatever is going on, it's not poker hands.

Posted on: July 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
By: Alik

Content:

I'm attempting for a hand of all sevens of spades. Will report findings.

Posted on: July 11 2010 @ 05:06 PM

Content:

News Flash!!

Alik and Ashtu just discovered that the "Trade cards" option in your Bio is actually a transfer utility - you can give away one or more cards, without necessarily getting anything in return!

So, ya better trust your card-playin' buddies, podners..........

Also, Ashtu has pulled a card off his bulletin board every newday, and Alik found another in the same place on the same gameday, so apparently they do replicate for different players

Posted on: July 11 2010 @ 11:31 PM
By: Ada

Content:

There's a warning to that effect, actually, when you go to trade cards.

Posted on: July 12 2010 @ 04:05 AM

Content:

Something else I've noticed is that there are two different messages that can show up on the "it's a new day" screen that seem related to cards.

One of them talks about you having a lucky day - when I get that message, I can find 2+ cards on the same day.
One of them talks about having a bad day - when I get that message, I can't find any cards that day.

When I don't get any message at all, I seem to be limited to 1 or 2 cards per day.

Posted on: July 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM

Content:

Zamboni would be correct about that theory, as far as I can tell.

And I can tell you, it's not poker hands. This is revealed by the fact that there are no face cards.

And there is a pattern to getting more than one pass per set of cards. But I'll let people test that a little - the train man isn't giving ALL of his secrets away.

But I will tell you this - Treasure your Joker! s. If you take a joker and 4 other cards to Grand Concourse, and go to the Tracks, you just might meet the stationmaster... even better if you know how to get more than one pass at a time.

Posted on: July 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM

Content:

Zamboni would be correct about that theory, as far as I can tell.

And I can tell you, it's not poker hands. This is revealed by the fact that there are no face cards.

And there is a pattern to getting more than one pass per set of cards. But I'll let people test that a little - the train man isn't giving ALL of his secrets away.

But I will tell you this - Treasure your Joker! s. If you take a joker and 4 other cards to Grand Concourse, and go to the Tracks, you just might meet the stationmaster... even better if you know how to get more than one pass at a time.

So, I had a Joker and 4 stars (ace of stars, 2*3 of stars, 4 of stars) and met the stationmaster. After speaking to him, he offered me two FIRST CLASS rail passes for my hand. I spent a few days trying to improve my hand, but had no luck, so eventually took the deal. I'm not going to spoil the surprise for people, but based on the text of the 1st class pass, it looks like they may REALLY rock!

Posted on: July 13 2010 @ 12:32 AM

Content:

Well, one addition to my notes whilst still trying for a perfect 5 of a kind (4/5 sevens of spades), is that you can have 5 cards while there are 5 suits. Maybe i should have been trying for a seven of all kinds (Which I would have had lacking the heart suit).

Posted on: July 13 2010 @ 12:59 AM
By: Kel%21

Content:

You can actually have at least up to 10 cards. Probably more, I'll have to try that Big Grin

Posted on: July 13 2010 @ 01:19 AM

Content:

I always get a message that I've no place to store it or that I don't notice the card when my case is full. I guess the latter 5 or more are if they're traded to you?
Other places I've found cards routinely;
Hedge Maze one click east of PV > North Path > Fish Pond
Ashtu's Anarchy Annex south of Kittania

Posted on: July 13 2010 @ 01:43 AM

Content:

No, haven't seen any such messages yet. I got them in buildings and by trading while I already had a full case, repeatedly.

Posted on: July 13 2010 @ 02:52 AM

Content:

To answer the question about failing to pick up a card:

You have a maximum number of cards that you can gather per gameday, this is a random number between one and three.
If you get a message about feeling lucky at newday, it means that you can pick up 4 cards that day (probably)
A message about something being "out of kilter" means no cards that day.

Otherwise, you can only pick up 1, 2 or 3 cards.

Posted on: July 14 2010 @ 12:12 AM

Content:

HOKAY!

So, 5 sevens of spades =

Something seems out of kilter today, you're not sure what.
Uh-oh, your card case feels much lighter. You had 5 valuable cards here and they've all been bloody stolen! Filthy midget bast-- wait, what? What's this? In their place, you now have not just one, but 5 Improbable Island Railway Company RAIL PASSES! Awesome! ...um, so maybe it wasn't midgets after all. Critical mass, improbability, whatever. Who cares!

Bingo! XD

Next up, one of each kind. but at least no I know 5 of the exact same kind = 5 passes.

Posted on: July 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM

Content:

Quote by: Chimental

Edit: SESSINE CAN SMASH TOO.
You better not spam
You better not troll
It's not very nice
And not very droll

Santa Z is coming to SMASH!

Sessine the great mod
Has the power to kill trolls
He will throw out trash
With the power to SMASH
And sideburns made out of wool.

...............did I miss something?

Posted on: July 13 2010 @ 03:15 AM

Content:

You better not spam
You better not troll
It's not very nice
And not very droll

Posted on: July 13 2010 @ 04:04 AM

Content:

You better not spam
You better not troll
It's not very nice
And not very droll

Sessine the great mod
Has the power to kill trolls
He will throw out trash
With the power to SMASH
And sideburns made out of wool.

Posted on: July 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
By: Reverb

Content:

No, please move along now. Nothing to see here. This is not a Watcher-approved cover-up. Have a nice day!

Posted on: July 14 2010 @ 03:56 PM

Content:

i think it's one pass per number of cards that match? thats my guess, anyway. so a pair is two, three of a kind three, so on.

Posted on: July 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM

Content:

Thanks guys for posting combinations. If anyone has more, slap them on. I'll post some of mine when I get something.

Wanted to say, been away for a while and managed to grab myself a case before I went away. I've quickly browsed the newday text (as always) and it looked pretty standard, that is, it looked like a standard newday description without anything new. The reason I'm saying this is because I woke up with 3 new cards which I'm pretty sure I didn't have before. Didn't get any distractions about it either. So, from reading through this thread, looks like I must have been given the cards by some curious player. It would be good to have some information in a form of distraction or something similar so I would at least know who to give the tickets back to.

Posted on: July 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM

Content:

So yes, clearly this has to do with matching cards, not making hands. Had a straight, (2 clubs, but rest mixed) ended up with 1 pass. I'm just curious to see if the stars suit has anything to do with anything?

Posted on: July 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM

Content:

Notes to ponder:

Previously, every time I got five cards (no matches), I got a one day railpass and cards disappeared at newday.
At some point, I picked up a joker.
Now have total seven cards (not counting joker), been through coupla newdays, still got the cards, no new railpasses.
Looked for the stationmaster in the Concourse briefly, but no luck.

Thoughts, anyone?

Posted on: July 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM

Content:

Quote by: Ashtu

Previously, every time I got five cards (no matches), I got a one day railpass and cards disappeared at newday.
At some point, I picked up a joker.
Now have total seven cards (not counting joker), been through coupla newdays, still got the cards, no new railpasses.
Looked for the stationmaster in the Concourse briefly, but no luck.

Ahem.

Finally found the stationmaster in Nepeta Halt.
By the time I found him, I had 2 Jokers, 3x9 of Diamonds, and 1 each Ace of Spades, 3 of Spades, 5 of Clubs and 7 of Diamonds.
He gave me four First Class passes.

Woot.

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 01:24 AM

Content:

And passes survive DK's. Sweet.

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 01:37 AM

Content:

Quote by: bl0b

Thanks guys for posting combinations. If anyone has more, slap them on. I'll post some of mine when I get something.

Wanted to say, been away for a while and managed to grab myself a case before I went away. I've quickly browsed the newday text (as always) and it looked pretty standard, that is, it looked like a standard newday description without anything new. The reason I'm saying this is because I woke up with 3 new cards which I'm pretty sure I didn't have before. Didn't get any distractions about it either. So, from reading through this thread, looks like I must have been given the cards by some curious player. It would be good to have some information in a form of distraction or something similar so I would at least know who to give the tickets back to.

Probably they meant to give them to you, I think. People don't want to keep more than four past newday, and they don't want to throw them out, either.

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM

Content:

for the Too Much II list;

Seeing a battered, filthy old playing card on the pavement (a three of hearts, as it turned out), and thinking; "Something Improbable!"

I'm now waiting for the next one to show up, and for them to magically transform into rail passes overnight.

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM

Content:

I was just collecting 5 cards for a single pass, when I pulled 3 following cards of stars, so I thought I'd try what that gives you.

Not really in the mood/having the time to trade, I decided to dump the leftover cards on random people at first, but then realised I might be messing up people's plans, so gave them all to the missus. (Don't really remember what I gave away, which is unfortunate because next newday she had 8 cards/4 railpasses.)

Anyway, point is, I wanted to do the same thing today only to find that I can't trade cards with her anymore. As far as I can tell it's not because she's offline.

Does anybody have a similar experience? Any idea what caused it? Also, who wants random cards? :p

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 01:16 PM

Content:

Quote by: Derander

Don't really remember what I gave away

@Derander: Do you happen to recall if any were stars?

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM

Content:

Yup, two four of stars.

got a joker too now, that makes collecting somewhat easier.

Also, my problem was solved. Should've figured that one out for myself...

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM

Content:

Thanks Ada. And thanks to anonymous people who donated cards as well.
If anyone else is tired of their cards, I'm more than welcome to accept them. Especially joker cards.

So, I'm going to sum up what information there is on these fancy new cards. You have to have 5 cards at new day in order to get regular passes. Jokers prevent you from having your cards traded in at the new day and allow you to get first class tickets. Known combinations so far are (hope I didn't miss any):

2,3,5,8,8 of diamonds: 2 passes (Rykar)
"I got a full house and got one pass" (Lemm)*
10 and 3 of spades, a 4 and 5 of clubs, and a 7 of hearts = 1 pass (Sydney Fletcher)
1 pass for all random sets of 5 (or 6) cards (zamboni)
Three of a kind and two odd cards = only one pass (Alex MacMillan)**
"had a flush and got three, can't remember if i got the last card to make my straight or not though" (Alex MacMillan)***
5 random cards with a pair of aces = 2 passes (Hairy Mary)****
Joker and ace of stars, 2*3 of stars, 4 of stars = two FIRST CLASS rail passes (zamboni)
5 sevens of spades = 5 passes (Alik)
five cards (no matches) = one day railpass (Ashtu)
2 Jokers, 3x9 of Diamonds, 1 Ace of Spades, One 3 of Spades, 5 of Clubs and 7 of Diamonds = four First Class passes (Ashtu)

My assumptions are:
- Cards are awarded based on what is the highest number of EXACTLY the same cards you have. All different cards, the highest number is 1, you get one card. My guess 2 pair will award you the same as 1 pair, which is 2 rail passes (will have to try this one out)
- Jokers act as any card, so minimum you can get is 2 first class rail passes.
- Stars suit is just a regular suit
-There might be some super secret special combinations, like collecting cards of all five suits of the same denomination, or collecting 5 jokers*****, but very unlikely.

I'll post my hand up once I get one more card and I'll share the results. And if you have a hand that breaks or confirms these assumptions, please slap it on.

_________
*There is no mention of the suit, so I will assume they were different
**I will assume three of a kind were of different suit
***He says he had a flush, but not a straight, slightly insinuating at most 2 same cards. I'm hoping he missed something and actually had 3 cards that were the same
****I am guessing pair of aces was of the same suit
***** (<-- that's 5 stars, if you're still counting) Or perhaps a straight flush from Ace to Ten?

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM

Content:

Shouldn't Ashtu's final hand have given 5 passes? 3x9D + 2J = 5?

But I would suggest that if there's a lot of confirmatory evidence and just one counter example that we stick with the theory. Early on, I thought that I'd got a pass with just four cards. It turned out that I'd been given two more while I was sleeping.

I think that bl0b's onto something here, highest number of cards matching in both number and suit, with Jokers wild, and leading to First Class passes. If anyone can test this with something unusual, say 3 cards all the same, and the other two the same as each other, and see if you get three passes, or perhaps four, then that would be interesting.

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
By: Nathaniel+S.

Content:

Plucked a pair of sevens out of the drawer in the Timepiece today (after using a new day to collect the second.) tucked away in Numeral II

Posted on: July 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM

Content:

And now, time to perform the great reveal, and confirm what people speculate about.

An EXACT pair(or more) of DUPLICATE CARDS gives you BONUS PASSES.
For example, having two Aces of Diamonds would give you a two passes at newday, and having 3 Aces of diamonds would give you three passes at newday.

You must have 5 OR MORE cards in order for them to become passes in ANY WAY.
Cards exceeding 5 don't give any extra benefit, if they're not duplicate cards.

Hands containing a JOKER can be traded in for FIRST CLASS PASSES, but ONLY by going to Track A, Grand Concourse and talking to THE STATIONMASTER.
The number of first class passes you receive is determined the same way as for regular passes.

Posted on: July 16 2010 @ 02:20 AM

Content:

Hands containing a JOKER can be traded in for FIRST CLASS PASSES, but ONLY by going to Track A, Grand Concourse and talking to THE STATIONMASTER.

A minor correction:

Finally found the stationmaster in Nepeta Halt..... He gave me four First Class passes.

Apparently the Stationmaster is a lion.*

*sneaky bastard

Posted on: July 16 2010 @ 03:25 AM

Content:

Currently holding a full house: 7stars over 7clubs. Will report how many passes received.

Posted on: July 16 2010 @ 04:05 AM

Content:

Quote by: tehdave

Currently holding a full house: 7stars over 7clubs. Will report how many passes received.

4 passes. from (3x) 7 of stars, (2x) 7 of clubs

Posted on: July 16 2010 @ 04:18 AM

Content:

4 passes. from (3x) 7 of stars, (2x) 7 of clubs

I make that 5 of a kind (five 7s) rather than a full boat. Yes?

Posted on: July 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
By: Mr+Geppetto

Content:

Joker plus 10Stars x 2; 5Stars x2; 3Diamonds x2; 10Diamonds x2 and some random onesies, and was offered 5 First class passes. For the same hand minus the 5 Stars I had been offered 4 Rail Passes. I'll keep you posted what happens next.

Posted on: July 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
By: Swede

Content:

Maybe I missed it, but what's the difference between a first class and a normal railpass?

Posted on: July 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM

Content:

And just outside of the edit window: for all the above, plus an extra Five of Stars (making it a whooping 3 of a kind) I got an offer of six passes.

Posted on: July 16 2010 @ 10:18 PM
By: Freya

Content:

Third day traveling, looking in dwellings, fighting in the jungle and not a single card yet. I bought a card case before I started looking.
All I managed to do was get 1 useless Improbable event telling me I didn't notice a card while I was in the Jungle.

This is getting more than annoying.

Posted on: July 16 2010 @ 11:31 PM

Content:

Quote by: Freya

Third day traveling, looking in dwellings, fighting in the jungle and not a single card yet. I bought a card case before I started looking.
All I managed to do was get 1 useless Improbable event telling me I didn't notice a card while I was in the Jungle.

This is getting more than annoying.

you had a bad day. which is to say there was some text on your newday page saying that something was 'off-kilter'

Posted on: July 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
By: Swede

Content:

For the list of rewards:
I held 6 cards: 3 eight of Spades, 1 eight of Diamonds, 1 Seven of Hearts and 1 Seven of Clubs,
and it gave me 3 rail passes. It does seem only the cards of the same suit give you something.

Posted on: July 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
By: NotAgain

Content:

Quote by: Swede

For the list of rewards:
I held 6 cards: 3 eight of Spades, 1 eight of Diamonds, 1 Seven of Hearts and 1 Seven of Clubs,
and it gave me 3 rail passes. It does seem only the cards of the same suit give you something.

I'll disagree. I know I've had pairs from different suits give me Passes. More than once, too.

Don't forget that for a pair - which is *2* cards - you only get *1* Pass. Assuming that for the extra 8 of Spades you get a 2nd Pass, then where does the 3rd come from?

Still, if suits don't count, then why didn't you get *4* Passes? The 3rd being for the 4th 8 (Diamonds) and a 4th for the pair of 7's? Rolling Eyes

Curiouser and curiouser.

Posted on: July 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM

Content:

Swede had 3 eight of spades, so three passes. If you have no matching cards at all, you still get one pass. So swede got one pass for having five cards, and then another two for the second and third eight of spades. It fits. That's what's happening.

Posted on: July 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM

Content:

does anyone know if having ALL suits of a similar number gives anything? Sure an 8 of spades plus of 8 of clubs is nothing. but then why the five suits and not just 4 when your card hand allows for 5 cards?

Posted on: July 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM

Content:

Quote by: Alik

does anyone know if having ALL suits of a similar number gives anything? Sure an 8 of spades plus of 8 of clubs is nothing. but then why the five suits and not just 4 when your card hand allows for 5 cards?

i'll try and test one of each suit since i have 3 right now (no similar numbers though, unless people want to trade)

Posted on: July 17 2010 @ 11:42 PM

Content:

Let's see the revised list first:

2,3,5,8,8 of diamonds: 2 passes (Rykar)
"I got a full house and got one pass" (Lemm)
10 and 3 of spades, a 4 and 5 of clubs, and a 7 of hearts = 1 pass (Sydney Fletcher)
1 pass for all random sets of 5 (or 6) cards (zamboni)
Three of a kind and two odd cards = only one pass (Alex MacMillan)
"had a flush and got three, can't remember if i got the last card to make my straight or not though" (Alex MacMillan)
5 random cards with a pair of aces = 2 passes (Hairy Mary)
Joker and ace of stars, 2*3 of stars, 4 of stars = two FIRST CLASS rail passes (zamboni)
5 sevens of spades = 5 passes (Alik)
five cards (no matches) = one day railpass (Ashtu)
2 Jokers, 3x9 of Diamonds, 1 Ace of Spades, One 3 of Spades, 5 of Clubs and 7 of Diamonds = four First Class passes (Ashtu)
New on the list:
(3x) 7 of stars, (2x) 7 of clubs = 4 passes (tehdave)
Joker (x2)10Stars (x2)3Diamonds (x2)10Diamonds + random onesies (one of which is 5 stars), = 4 First class passes. (Mr Geppetto)
Joker (x2)10Stars (x2)3Diamonds (x2)10Diamonds (x2)5Stars + random onesies, = 5 First class passes. (Mr Geppetto)
Joker (x2)10Stars (x2)3Diamonds (x2)10Diamonds (x3)5Stars + random onesies, = 6 First class passes. (Mr Geppetto)
3 eight of Spades, 1 eight of Diamonds, 1 Seven of Hearts and 1 Seven of Clubs = 3 passes (Swede)

Thanks to everyone for revealing their hands. I'll fold Wink

Looks like I was wrong. It wasn't the highest number of same cards, but looks like each group of same cards counts.
So, the rules seem to be these:
Empty hand (no cards match) = 1 rail card
For each pair (2 cards that are exactly the same), +1 rail card
For 3 same = +2
...and so on.
Jokers aren't wild(!)* I was fooled when looking at what zamboni had. I read that hand as J, 1, 2, 3, 4 of stars, where in actual fact, it says J, 1, (2x)3, 4 of stars.
They do count like regular cards however, which explains ashtu's hand.
1 base, +1 for 2 jokers, +2 for 3x 9D = 4.

So, there may be only three more tests to do,** one card of each suit and same number, one of each suit and different number and a straight flush (preferably from ace to ten), but I think we're good to go.

I would like to add to what freya said though. How the hell do you guys get so many cards?

____
*(!) <-- No, it's not what your dirty mind is telling you. It's only an exclamation mark between brackets
** Assuming there is some order to it. You never know until you try out all combinations, but maybe 2 of stars, 4 of clubs, 7 of spades, 8 of diamonds and 9 of hearts gives you a plane ticket.

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 12:02 AM

Content:

Bl0b: once you've got a Joker in your wallet, you can keep collecting without them turning into passes! I think I've got 16 cards at the moment, keep searching every Newday, and am having fun trading to make more duplicates.

Has everyone worked out a list/map of places where cards are regularly found? My group of train addicts have so far found 18 rooms in 12 dwellings. (They can also be found very occasionally while hunting or travelling.)

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 01:25 AM

Content:

Great idea on the list! I'll get the ball rolling:

The Hedge Maze (15,29, just E of Pleasantville): North Path --> Fish Pond
The Smoking Windmill (15,9, SE of IC): South Tunnel --> Police Box
Thistlewhite Manor (4,15, at N Pitt): North Wing --> Parlor (good cards, silly american spelling!)
Beach below DICE Clan Halls (8,10, WSW of IC) --> The Firepit
Ashtu's Anarchy Annex (20,12, S of Kittania)
II Public Library (4,6, W of New Home)

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 05:57 AM

Content:

This doesn't seem to fit:

I had a pair of 2s (stars and diamonds), a pair of 4s (stars and diamonds) and a 5 of clubs. I got one rail pass Question

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 06:25 AM

Content:

They have to be EXACT pairs, i.e. two Twos of Stars and two Fours of Diamonds. This example should net you three tickets: one for having the hand, one extra for the first pair, and another extra for the second pair.

Mismatched twos (one of stars and one of diamonds) don't count as anything special.

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 06:48 AM

Content:

Started running around dwellings and I'm suddenly stashed with cards. Even managed to get my first rail card. Let's see how many Jokers can I collect. Oh, And I can confirm, Jokers are definitely not wild. Had a Joker and 4 random cards and had an offer for only one ticket. Got 3 pairs, one being jokers, offer went up to four.

Zpatula, when we were speaking of pairs, we meant two cards exactly the same. Only then will it work. Having a hand you are describing still counts as 5 different cards. So, if you have 4 of stars and 4 of diamonds it is not considered a pair, but if you have 4 of stars twice, then that is considered a pair.

It's probably easier to check the number of passes you should get with this formula:
Weight / 2g (or total number of cards) - number of pictures (different cards you have) + 1.
This formula gives you exactly the same answer as the other rules, it's just less counting and can be a bit faster to see.

I suspect you don't get anything special for one card of each suit, but I should hopefully be able to tell you soon for sure.

Edit: I'm slow...

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM

Content:

Great idea on the list! I'll get the ball rolling:

The Hedge Maze (15,29, just E of Pleasantville): North Path --> Fish Pond
The Smoking Windmill (15,9, SE of IC): South Tunnel --> Police Box
Thistlewhite Manor (4,15, at N Pitt): North Wing --> Parlor (good cards, silly american spelling!)
Beach below DICE Clan Halls (8,10, WSW of IC) --> The Firepit
Ashtu's Anarchy Annex (20,12, S of Kittania)
II Public Library (4,6, W of New Home)

Thistlewhite Manor (4,15, at N Pitt): North Wing --> Kitchen
Xith's weather station (23,20)
Monsterous Moonshine Mansions (16,26, NE of Pleasantville) ---> Particularly shady corner of the gallery.

For the number of cards, once you get the Joker, you can ask the station master how many passes you'll get for your current hand, if you're too lazy to count them, like I am.

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM

Content:

So far, after building up a hugely awesome hand.

(4) Ace of Clubs
(1) Eight of Clubs
(1) Joker!
(1) Nine of Hearts
(4) Ace of Diamonds
(1) Seven of Clubs
(5) Ace of Hearts
(1) Seven of Stars
(1) Seven of Diamonds
(3) Nine of Diamonds
(1) Five of Spades
(1) Eight of Hearts
(1) Seven of Hearts
(1) Ace of Spades
(1) Six of Hearts
(1) Ten of Hearts

Worth 13 first class rail passes.
PS. If you have a seven of spades LET ME KNOW! I'll even trade an ace for it if need be, same goes with the ace of Stars.

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
By: Bernard

Content:

Quote by: Alik

So far, after building up a hugely awesome hand.

(4) Ace of Clubs
(1) Eight of Clubs
(1) Joker!
(1) Nine of Hearts
(4) Ace of Diamonds
(1) Seven of Clubs
(5) Ace of Hearts
(1) Seven of Stars
(1) Seven of Diamonds
(3) Nine of Diamonds
(1) Five of Spades
(1) Eight of Hearts
(1) Seven of Hearts
(1) Ace of Spades
(1) Six of Hearts
(1) Ten of Hearts

Worth 13 first class rail passes.
PS. If you have a seven of spades LET ME KNOW! I'll even trade an ace for it if need be, same goes with the ace of Stars.

Bernard has the card you require

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 01:53 PM

Content:

For the following:

(1) Joker!
(3) Three of Diamonds
(5) Five of Stars
(2) Seven of Stars
(5) Ten of Diamonds
(2) Six of Diamonds
(2) Two of Clubs
(2) Four of Clubs
(2) Five of Spades

I got 16 First Class passes. The math seems to be correct: 1 for the Joker or the five cards then one each for matching cards (3x3Diamonds = +2Passes etc.)

Woot-woot! Chugga-chugga-chugga! Woot! Woot!

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 02:20 PM

Content:

Bah, okay, cross one of each suit of the list.
ONLY multiples work... here's what i finished with

(1) Joker!

(4) Ace of Clubs
(5) Ace of Diamonds
(5) Ace of Hearts
(1) Ace of Spades
(1) Ace of Stars

(1) Seven of Spades
(1) Seven of Clubs
(1) Seven of Diamonds
(2) Seven of Stars
(2) Seven of Hearts

(1) Five of Spades
(1) Eight of Clubs
(1) Three of Diamonds
(3) Nine of Diamonds
(1) Nine of Hearts
(1) Eight of Hearts

Offered 16 Rail Passes... after all that work I kinda don't want to trade 'em in Frown

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
By: Tegani

Content:

3 more spots:

AceHigh: (10,30)Under the Trapdoor
1NE AceHigh: (11,31)Crow Bar -->Office
1N CC404: (22,39)Castle Quagmire

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 02:57 PM

Content:

ah, dang alik, you beat me to it, i was just testing that theory Razz

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 04:10 PM
By: merlanai

Content:

I found one in the Blueberry patch a couple of days ago. It's in the plains on the north west side of the mountain. I think it's 15, 36 but I'm not sure.

Posted on: July 18 2010 @ 05:21 PM

Content:

I also routinely pick cards out of the Improbable Island Free Public Library (4,6)

Posted on: July 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM

Content:

Also, once on board, if you play Lucky Dip with Elias, there's a chance to get a Joker. I don't know whether it gives normal card and i just got lucky or not, but I ended up getting a joker Razz

Posted on: July 19 2010 @ 02:16 AM

Content:

Minor bug with Elias. he has two dips. One for 2 req, and one for 5 req. Both deducted 5 req from my account. Pretty trivial really.

Posted on: July 19 2010 @ 02:39 AM

Content:

It's really just those filthy midgets that hide under Elias's table. they're everywhere on that train.
I hear they illegally transport dancing midget prostitutes on that train.

Posted on: July 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
By: Mack

Content:

They also like to create conga lines on the train. Rather cramped really.

Posted on: July 19 2010 @ 03:09 AM

Content:

The Lawn Ornament Graveyard in the Hedge Maze (east of PV) also yields a card.

Posted on: July 19 2010 @ 11:32 AM

Content:

The House of the Rising Sun, in Persepolis, 2 NW of IC
(yay, that's the second dwelling I've had my hands in that yields a card. Couldn't help bragging, sorry. Here, I'm done bragging now. Did I mention I've done 3 Bas....alright, that's quite enough.)

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 08:14 AM
By: calliaphone

Content:

Dunbernarding (1 north of IC):
--> coach house (via the courtyard and stable block)
--> hostel & gift shop corridor

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 09:00 AM

Content:

Quote by: calliaphone

Oh, scrat. Dunbernarding has two cards. Real estate envy hits again. *rushing back for kits to build more, build, build, build...*

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM

Content:

Quote by: Mr+Geppetto

Oh, scrat. Dunbernarding has two cards. Real estate envy hits again. *rushing back for kits to build more, build, build, build...*

That reminds me. Is there a way to actually gain a card spawn in your dwelling? If I make a large house with descriptive descriptions and have the favor of the Mods, will I see playing cards in my underwear drawer?

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM

Content:

.......will I see playing cards in my underwear drawer?

Please.
Oh dear lord.
Somebody rip my eyeballs out.

Harry?

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM

Content:

That reminds me. Is there a way to actually gain a card spawn in your dwelling? If I make a large house with descriptive descriptions and have the favor of the Mods, will I see playing cards in my underwear drawer?

This is a good idea. Not the underwear drawer part of it Wink -- but having a method to update the card drops as people build ever more awesome dwellings... yes, I think that ought to happen. All the mods should have the ability to add locations, because we're naturally nosy... cough ...uh, in and out of dwellings on a regular basis in the course of play.

Setting it up, though, without having to ask for CMJ's time and attention whenever we spot a place that should be added -- that's a little tricky.

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM

Content:

To Sessine: Glad you agree.

To Ashtu: Let me get a melon baller and I'll help you out.

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
By: Cousjava

Content:

Quote by: Count+Sessine

This is a good idea. Not the underwear drawer part of it Wink -- but having a method to update the card drops as people build ever more awesome dwellings... yes, I think that ought to happen. All the mods should have the ability to add locations, because we're naturally nosy... cough ...uh, in and out of dwellings on a regular basis in the course of play.

Setting it up, though, without having to ask for CMJ's time and attention whenever we spot a place that should be added -- that's a little tricky.

I would agree that is a very good idea, since in LDD we are now starting on dwellings, have only recently got our clan buffs maxed. This is where our cigs go now. As far as I know, we have three dwellings - Freya's Farm (1 S of PV), Silverhall (1 N of IC) and a plot 2NE and one E of PV (which is mine) and we are working on all three concurrently.

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM

Content:

To Ashtu: Let me get a melon baller....

.....i was going to make some horrible, crude comment involving the words "chi" and "melon" and "baller"....... but i don't think i could live with myself afterward.

harry!

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM

Content:

To Ashtu: Let me get a melon baller....

.....i was going to make some horrible, crude comment involving the words "chi" and "melon" and "baller"....... but i don't think i could live with myself afterward.

harry!

I had a comment involving the words 'Ashtu, poodle, vaccum, and strawberry cheesecake' but that probably would get me banned.

Leslie! Your name is now Leslie.

Posted on: July 20 2010 @ 07:52 PM

Content:

Leslie! Your name is now Leslie.

Is that because I lie less than you?

Posted on: July 21 2010 @ 12:04 AM

Content:

From a team effort, I hereby present this beautiful map ... all the dwellings found so far that contain cards!

Note that some dwellings have more than one card-containing room!

With love from Rykar and the ICEEcles, and a few other friends Big Grin

Posted on: July 21 2010 @ 06:02 AM

Content:

The Farm at (19,32) has one too. Also, eggs.

Posted on: July 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
By: Iriri

Content:

Found a card drop location!

The Grey Earl, (8, 31), WNW of AceHigh. I wasn't paying extremely close attention but I belieeeeve it was in The Game Room.

Posted on: July 21 2010 @ 08:03 PM

Content:

Quote by: Iriri

The Grey Earl, (8, 31), WNW of AceHigh. I wasn't paying extremely close attention but I belieeeeve it was in The Game Room.

And another!

The Timepiece (16, 22), SE of Pleasantville across the river. In the room Numeral II, accessible from Numeral Halls.

Posted on: July 22 2010 @ 08:06 PM

Content:

And another!

The Timepiece (16, 22), SE of Pleasantville across the river. In the room Numeral II, accessible from Numeral Halls.

One more!

Le Chateau d' Anadelocine Rosa (17, 32), Eastern AceHigh forest's edge, near the mountain. In the room La Chambre de la Cuisine, accessible from the main room.

Posted on: July 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
By: saintlukas

Content:

love the feature. but one thing annoys me: when i get that message when I"m traveling that i found a card but i was too "pre-occupied" with other thoughts to nab it. DARN IT

Posted on: July 23 2010 @ 08:30 PM

Content:

Without further ado... I give you.... THE COMPENDIUM. Though it is under continual construction.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1pJs8YYgalcDIRcxo70yYOVXLC02CcbEjHPrqpqkzQsc

Posted on: July 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM

Content:

Without further ado... I give you.... THE COMPENDIUM. Though it is under continual construction.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1pJs8YYgalcDIRcxo70yYOVXLC02CcbEjHPrqpqkzQsc

*cough*Grey Earl*cough*

Posted on: July 24 2010 @ 12:34 AM

Content:

Um - could we get independent confirmation of a card in Ashtu's Anarchy Annex:Upper Room? Ashtu and his sister walk through that room EVERY DAY and have yet to see a card. (Unless Reverb's been sneaking in and stealing them while we're asleep.)

The one in the main room is correct.

Posted on: July 24 2010 @ 09:23 AM

Content:

Sorry, that one was a mistake. It's a living document, for my team and I will uncover more cards and bring them to you!

Posted on: July 26 2010 @ 09:15 AM

Content:

Boo - assembling a full deck of cards doesn't get a "1st class for life" pass! Or even an engineer's hat! Or... or... how about an "I managed to shove 100 cards into this tiny little pouch" medal!

Nothing special for a full deck (although it does mean that every card you get is now a match).

Posted on: July 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM

Content:

Boo - assembling a full deck of cards doesn't get a "1st class for life" pass! Or even an engineer's hat! Or... or... how about an "I managed to shove 100 cards into this tiny little pouch" medal!

Nothing special for a full deck (although it does mean that every card you get is now a match).

Here, have some Awesome Points! you've eared them!

I remember being jsut as sad when i finally, FINALLY managed to solo a titan, with an average of 90-something damage per round, and not getting a badge.

Posted on: July 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM

Content:

In an unrelated note; it would now be extra super awesome sauce to expand the Joker Card deck with the Suit of Stars... *nudge, nudge*

Posted on: July 26 2010 @ 06:19 PM
By: Awesome+Fred

Content:

Quote by: Buddleia

From a team effort, I hereby present this beautiful map ... all the dwellings found so far that contain cards!

Note that some dwellings have more than one card-containing room!

With love from Rykar and the ICEEcles, and a few other friends Big Grin

Thankyouthankyouthankyou Big Grin

Posted on: July 26 2010 @ 06:38 PM
By: Kash

Content:

Quote by: Reverb

In an unrelated note; it would now be extra super awesome sauce to expand the Joker Card deck with the Suit of Stars... *nudge, nudge*

NOT awesome... hard enough to get long combos as it is!

Posted on: August 04 2010 @ 10:15 PM

Content:

"Cards and Rail Passes: The Compendium" has been updated, and is now much more informative! Find it here!

http://tinyurl.com/improbable-compendium

Posted on: August 05 2010 @ 12:34 AM

Content:

There's another card in Dunbernarding, in the dumbwaiter. I can't remember directions for getting there from the Rookie Declan Memorial Hall off the top of my head I'm afraid, or what the message is. I think that there's another one in there somewhere as well, but again, I can't remember where.

Also, I notice that there isn't anywhere near Squathole. Once again, the noble, hardworking Midgets have been vicously discriminated against. You're all just jealous of our brains, charm, stunningly good looks, etc. etc. Big Grin

Posted on: August 05 2010 @ 03:29 AM
By: Syd+Lexic

Content:

Quote by: Hairy Mary

There's another card in Dunbernarding, in the dumbwaiter. I can't remember directions for getting there from the Rookie Declan Memorial Hall off the top of my head I'm afraid...

I've got a map for that!

http://sydlexic.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2n8206

Big Grin

Posted on: August 05 2010 @ 04:09 AM

Content:

Also, I notice that there isn't anywhere near Squathole. Once again, the noble, hardworking Midgets have been vicously discriminated against. You're all just jealous of our brains, charm, stunningly good looks, etc. etc. Big Grin

The Elephants welcome cards! Always room at the Tinyphant Research Centre, SSW of Squat, if the card spotters are looking for another location.

Mr. Green

Posted on: August 05 2010 @ 11:16 AM

Content:

Quote by: Syd+Lexic

I've got a map for that!
http://sydlexic.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2n8206 Big Grin

Thanks, but I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. Besides, it's already out of date, isn't it?

Posted on: August 05 2010 @ 01:09 PM

Content:

Probably, i lost track. Honestly, i just hammer a few logs into place or throw some paint around, these days, and don't bother to see where they end up.. I'll find the new rooms later. Or never.

Posted on: August 05 2010 @ 04:48 PM
By: snicker

Content:

Quote by: Syd+Lexic

Quote by: Hairy Mary

There's another card in Dunbernarding, in the dumbwaiter. I can't remember directions for getting there from the Rookie Declan Memorial Hall off the top of my head I'm afraid...

I've got a map for that!

http://sydlexic.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2n8206

Big Grin

Eek! My head asploded.

Posted on: August 05 2010 @ 09:47 PM
By: Harris

Content:

tryDICE

Posted on: August 06 2010 @ 12:28 PM

Content:

What does this mean? I've seen it a couple of times, but it makes no sense, as I have room available in my wallet, and haven't picked up my limit of cards for the day.

Preoccupied with more important matters, you fail to notice a smudged, battered old playing card half-hidden in the damp leaves under a bush.

Posted on: August 06 2010 @ 12:44 PM

Content:

Quote by: snicker

What does this mean? I've seen it a couple of times, but it makes no sense, as I have room available in my wallet, and haven't picked up my limit of cards for the day.

Preoccupied with more important matters, you fail to notice a smudged, battered old playing card half-hidden in the damp leaves under a bush.

Are you sure that you hadn't picked up your quota for the day? Remember that it can vary from day to day. I'd always assumed that that was what it was refering to. I might easily be wrong though, I often am.

Posted on: August 06 2010 @ 01:08 PM

Content:

Are you sure that you hadn't picked up your quota for the day? Remember that it can vary from day to day. I'd always assumed that that was what it was refering to. I might easily be wrong though, I often am.

I've got the "you're lucky" message, then got this message without having picked up any cards at all. Strange!

Posted on: August 06 2010 @ 04:21 PM

Content:

Odd. Maybe the game thought you were Off Kilter instead.

Posted on: August 07 2010 @ 12:00 AM
By: Miss+Hellebore

Content:

It's true what I've always said. They don't want midgets on the trains. (Or dancing girls.)

Posted on: August 07 2010 @ 06:14 AM
By: Harris

Content:

Yes, those are mine. Please give them back.

Posted on: August 10 2010 @ 05:47 AM

Content:

For the record, the data on Thistlewhite Manor is no longer accurate. The Blue Door is not accessible, the topiary garden does not exist where it's listed (should be South Wing - Corridor - Ballroom - Topiary Garden), and the study does not have a card.

Posted on: August 10 2010 @ 06:12 AM

Content:

For the record, the data on Thistlewhite Manor is no longer accurate. The Blue Door is not accessible, the topiary garden does not exist where it's listed (should be South Wing - Corridor - Ballroom - Topiary Garden), and the study does not have a card.

Correction: The study DOES have a card - but there is more than one Study in the manor. Correct directions are Grand Staircase - Right - Study.

Posted on: August 13 2010 @ 01:56 AM

Content:

Is it just me, or can you only get one card per day now?

Posted on: August 13 2010 @ 05:31 AM

Content:

Quote by: bl0b

Is it just me, or can you only get one card per day now?

The maximum cards per day was always variable. I think the chances of getting a more-than-one-card-day have dropped though. And quite right too. It was a bit too easy before. Alexander Quandle doesn't trade very much at all. Just with his game wife when either of them are about to trade in. Last time I checked he had a hand with seven jokers that he could trade in for 70 first class passes if he wanted. When he does trade he'll only use one of the jokers for it, giving the rest to his wife to look after, so he'll start of with another joker straight away to save up for a good hand.

That's essentially free travel for life that he's got now, as long as he remembers to visit the Bingo Hall or where ever most days.

Which brings me to something that I've been meaning to say. Whenever I visit eBoy's, then the line telling me how full my card case is stretches the screen massively and pushes the right hand info column, including how much req I have, right off the screen. Which is mildly irritating. Something similar happens when I'm carrying ridiculous amounts of wood or stone around. Would there be some easy way to fix this so the bar breaks and goes onto a new line or something? It's only a minor cosmetic thing though. Just thought that I'd mention it.

Posted on: August 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
By: Awesome+Fred

Content:

The Bingo Hall - The Dunbernarding Wing: Number 38 - Frinton Omnibus

What luck! You find a smudged, battered old playing card whirled by the wind practically into your hands. One of the friskily gambolling old people does try to snatch it from you, but you are much too fast for her. You've heard these can be worth quite a bit to a collector. Carefully you tuck it away in your fine leather card case.

Someone needs to add it to the Compendium. Dunbernarding now has four cards. This place is accessed through the knackered old sofa.

Posted on: August 19 2010 @ 05:20 PM

Content:

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

The Bingo Hall - The Dunbernarding Wing: Number 38 - Frinton Omnibus

What luck! You find a smudged, battered old playing card whirled by the wind practically into your hands. One of the friskily gambolling old people does try to snatch it from you, but you are much too fast for her. You've heard these can be worth quite a bit to a collector. Carefully you tuck it away in your fine leather card case.

Someone needs to add it to the Compendium. Dunbernarding now has four cards. This place is accessed through the knackered old sofa.

Now we REALY don't have any reasons left to leave it, even if we could find the exit, that is.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=15718