Subject: Something really strange just happened.

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 08:34 AM
By: CavemanJoe

Content:

So a really odd, bizarre, fucked-up thing happened earlier tonight.

It was about 2am. Emily was in bed, and I was working on a new weather system for the Island (which will make things very interesting if you're playing a Robot, by the way). I was just about to save and go to bed when there was this bloody loud clattering and banging from downstairs.

For context - our house has what we've started to refer to as an "airlock." Posh people might call it a dust room, if it weren't so full of junk - it's basically a little tiny room that you go through in between the front door and the actual house. If I got my act together and cleared out the crap, we could use it as a room to take your shoes off, y'know, put a little chair in there, all civilised-like. Right now we just keep one door closed all the time (like an airlock!) so that the cats don't get out through the front door. There's a lock on the inner door, but seeing as it's pretty much one great big glass panel, there's little point in locking it - so we don't bother.

And in this airlock, barely an hour ago as I type this, there was a stranger.

Yeah. These are shit pictures I know, they were taken on a camera phone. I don't know if you can quite make it out, but in case you can't, and for the benefit of our blind players, that's a tall, slender man wearing a black suit, black shirt, black tie, black fucking bowler hat of all things, white gloves, and a rather unsetting black and gold mask. One of those scary masquerade ones with the long nose.

To say that I was surprised would be an understatement.

As I saw him, my foot slipped on the bottom stair, and I went down on my arse. I barely noticed - even as my coxyx bounced off the step, my eyes never left the guy. Emily was coming down by now, woken up by all the noise of this guy banging about, rattling the glass in its pane, knocking his fists against the glass:

I yelled at Emily to run upstairs and call the police, and I reached behind the fishtank for the rusty old bit of gas pipe we kept hidden there for exactly this eventuality (being from England I don't like guns, but we live in a very violent neighbourhood - compromises).

I told him to get the fuck out of my house. I tried to sound like a hard man, but it came out as a whisper.

Ice-cold with adrenaline, everything seemed to take on a bit more detail - I noticed things about the guy I hadn't noticed up until now.

The first thing I noticed was the way he moved. This guy could move his head as fast as you can move your eyes. His head twitched back and forth like a sparrow's, and he kept turning this way and that; I get the impression that each eye wanted to get a good look at me.

Then, I realised that he couldn't work the door handle. For whatever reason, the unlocked door was keeping him from me, at least for now.

Then, finally - you'd think I'd notice this first, but adrenaline works in funny ways like that - I noticed his face. He was wearing some sort of black hood, underneath the mask - no skin on display at all. At least, I thought it was a black hood - then he opened his mouth, and when I say mouth, it's very important that you realise that I mean a black slit where his mouth should be. If he was wearing a hood, you should be able to see the inside of his mouth, right? It would show up against the black, yeah?

Not if the hood folds in all the way inside his mouth and down his throat, you won't.

With trembling fingers, I took out my phone with my left hand - being in my right hand pocket this was tricky, but I didn't want to put down the pipe - switched to camera mode and just kept on pressing Capture. Click, click, click, click, click, while he stalked around silently inside the airlock, unable or unwilling to open the door between us.

This all happened in just a few seconds. I know this because Emily called down to say that the house phone wouldn't dial, and her mobile phone had no signal.

I'd pressed the Capture button what must have been twenty times, by now - I glanced up at the signal meter. Nothing.

Then he wasn't there any more.

Silence, and an empty airlock.

...well, there's not much you can say to that, is there? Being English, the kettle went on pretty much straight away.

The front door was locked and deadbolted, with no sign of entry forced or otherwise.

Of what turned out to be 22 pictures I captured, 19 were corrupted - just blocky green and purple nonsense. All but the first one had file modification dates seventy years in the future.

My laptop, Emily's laptop, and the computers of both of my housemates had crashed while I was downstairs watching the stranger. Three Windows machines borking all at once isn't all that unlikely, but my laptop runs Linux, so it's never crashed before now - and this was a doozy, lines of garbled graphics up and down the screen, completely frozen up.

Three circuit breakers needed reset, as I found out when I went around shakily turning on every light in the house.

We still haven't bothered involving the coppers. I mean, what would we even tell them?

I get the feeling that things are about to get... Stranger.

Replies:

Re: Something really strange just happened.

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
By: Ashtu

Content:

Oh. My. Gawd.
Grampa, what are you doing??

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 12:29 PM
By: Awesome+Fred

Content:

9/10 Mr. Green

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
By: Ferryn

Content:

HE'S A TIME TRAVELER, CLEARLY.

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
By: KimmyMonstah

Content:

Quote by: Ferryn

HE'S FROM 1985 AND KNOWS AN OLDER MAN, WHO HE HAS NICKNAMED "DOC".

DAN, THERE WAS A DELOREAN PARKED BY THE HOUSE WHEN HE WAS THERE.

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
By: Skidge

Content:

STRANGERS?

STRANGERS?

*leaps around like a puppy*

Strangers-strangers-strangers-strangers-strangers-strangers

STRANGERS??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
By: Chimental

Content:

Geez, I go out of my way to meet my favorite coder and you wouldn't even open the door. It was cold in there.

BTW, like the mask? Found it at a Dollar Store.

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM

Content:

Quote by: Skidge

STRANGERS?

STRANGERS?

*leaps around like a puppy*

Strangers-strangers-strangers-strangers-strangers-strangers

STRANGERS??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This is reminding me of Solid Snake.
STRANGERS?
STRANGERS?!
STRAAAAAAANGERRRRRRRRRRS!!!!
So.... From what Skidge is saying, this is confirming that this is, in fact, pulling of legs, and this is a new race.
So when can we expect to see these Strange beings?

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
By: Bernard

Content:

Never mind all that nonsense... Check out Dan's lightshades! WAAAU!

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
By: g_rock

Content:

See, THIS is why you don't eat sammiches out of Bernard's lunchbox. There're consequences for disturbing that kind of eldritch power.

If you stare too long into the thermos, the thermos stares back into you...

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
By: tehdave

Content:

Quote by: g_rock

See, THIS is why you don't eat sammiches out of Bernard's lunchbox. There're consequences for disturbing that kind of eldritch power.

If you stare too long into the thermos, the thermos stares back into you...

In Soviet Bingo Hall, thermos drinks you?

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
By: Silcatra

Content:

Did you try telling this mysterious stranger who time-warped you into the future that there's no plague in your neighborhood, so he can take the mask off?

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 06:16 PM
By: Reverb

Content:

Oh dear me Dan, you fumbled on this one. We can easilly tell that you've made this whoel thing up. You gave yourselves away when you said

my laptop runs Linux
and then expected us to believe it crashed. Razz

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 06:32 PM

Content:

Quote by: Reverb

Oh dear me Dan, you fumbled on this one. We can easilly tell that you've made this whoel thing up. You gave yourselves away when you said

my laptop runs Linux

That's what makes it so scary. Wink

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
By: dizzyizzy

Content:

Quote by: Reverb

my laptop runs Linux

Oh, I've crashed linux before. I'm a crash master. I probably crash my mac about once a week. Admittedly, it takes a lot more work to crash a linux, but it can be done.

by the way, mac crashes are my favorite. the screen turns greyscale from the top to the bottom, then a little box pops up in the middle saying "you need to restart your computer" in about 30 languages.

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 09:22 PM
By: Mack

Content:

I've crashed every system I can get my hands on. Hell, I crashed my Android. And my PS3 running Puppy. And Windows 95-7 including 4 versions of Vista and 2 versions of 7. I even once managed to crash my windows explorer by connecting to dial-up and opening firefox withing 1 minute of the computer starting. That was interesting.

Also, I look forward to the strangeness.

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
By: Raimar

Content:

That is seriously creepy, cuz if his hood were red, and the mask without the nose, that coulda been my halloween costume from two years ago.

Eek! Is my future self trying to tell you something? And I'm not invited? Harrumph!

Posted on: October 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
By: A Lazy Bob

Content:

Quote by: Raimar

That is seriously creepy, cuz if his hood were red, and the mask without the nose, that coulda been my halloween costume from two years ago.

Eek! Is my future self trying to tell you something? And I'm not invited? Harrumph!

0: You were gonna be Chimental two years ago?

HAHA, COOL.

Posted on: October 29 2010 @ 12:58 AM

Content:

Quote by: A Lazy Bob

Quote by: Raimar

0: You were gonna be Chimental two years ago?

HAHA, COOL.

And considering that I've only been here for about two years, he must have seen me in Season One and it was Fanworship at First Sight....and I sucked in Season One.

Posted on: October 29 2010 @ 01:14 AM

Content:

Quote by: CavemanJoe

....barely an hour ago as I type this, there was a stranger.....

Uh, Dan - in those photos you took - there seems to be a reflection of something - not trying to be funny, but it looks like a - potato? If there's such a thing as a 300 pound potato. It's centered on the - creature? in the first image, and off to one side in the other two.

Oh, and I realized it can't be Grampa, though the resemblance is striking - those gloves are clean!

At least, I think they're gloves.

Posted on: October 29 2010 @ 03:31 AM

Content:

That's Emily's jacket, hanging up on one of the stair... post... things.

...it does kinda look like a potato, doesn't it?

Posted on: October 29 2010 @ 03:42 AM

Content:

Just don't bring it up when she wears it.

"Dan, how do I look?"

"Like a potato."

Ten seconds later.

"C'mon, honey, open the door. C'mon it's cold out here, and people are staring."

Posted on: October 29 2010 @ 03:53 AM

Content:

Quote by: Chimental

"Dan, how do I look?"

"Like a potato."

Ten seconds later.

"C'mon, honey, open the door. C'mon it's cold out here, and people are staring."

And now we've discovered the backstory of these pictures. Mr. Green

Posted on: October 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM

Content:

Quote by: tehdave

"Dan, how do I look?"
"Like a potato."
Ten seconds later.

And now we've discovered the backstory of these pictures. Mr. Green

ROFLMAO!!!

Thank you, Dave and Chimy- I needed that. (wipes happy tear from eye and chuckles again.)

Okay, Dan, you can have the thread back now. (chuckle)

And PLEASE don't infer that I think Emily looks like a 300....never mind.
And PLEASE tell us that's not really what you look like.

Posted on: October 29 2010 @ 02:19 PM
By: Matthew

Content:

Three Windows machines borking all at once isn't all that unlikely, but my laptop runs Linux, so it's never crashed before now

I see what this thread was really for. You're not fooling me.

Posted on: October 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
By: Shi

Content:

aaaa-aargh. my house has the 'xact same sortof porch and now it's slightly freaking me out. especially seeing as the door makes clunking noises after you shut it.

Posted on: October 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
By: Bakemaster

Content:

Quote by: dizzyizzyby the way, mac crashes are my favorite. the screen turns greyscale from the top to the bottom, then a little box pops up in the middle saying "you need to restart your computer" in about 30 languages.[/p]

That's a kernel panic. Some of your hardware may be crapping out on you. Recommend doing a full backup and running the diagnostic utilities that you should have gotten on a CD when you purchased the machine. You should probably bring it in regardless, but this way at least when it bricks you've got your data.

Posted on: October 30 2010 @ 01:38 AM

Content:

Quote by: Bakemaster

Quote by: dizzyizzy

by the way, mac crashes are my favorite. the screen turns greyscale from the top to the bottom, then a little box pops up in the middle saying "you need to restart your computer" in about 30 languages.

That's a kernel panic. Some of your hardware may be crapping out on you. Recommend doing a full backup and running the diagnostic utilities that you should have gotten on a CD when you purchased the machine. You should probably bring it in regardless, but this way at least when it bricks you've got your data.

so, it happens like once a week. Dat bad?

also, why won't it put your post inside the quote box?

oh god I am so bad with teh computers.

Posted on: October 30 2010 @ 01:42 AM
By: A Strangah

Content:

I enjoyed that creepy story/pasta.
Though, you should have let him in. You might have found that he's

Got somethin' that might int'rest ya!
Heh heh heh heh heh...

Come back anytime...

Posted on: October 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
By: Leon S. Kennedy

Content:

Quote by: A Strangah

I enjoyed that creepy story/pasta.
Though, you should have let him in. You might have found that he's

Got somethin' that might int'rest ya!
Heh heh heh heh heh...

Come back anytime...

Oh dammit.

YOU COULD'VE HELPED FIGHT THE HORDES OF ZOMBIE-THINGS, BUT NOOOO.
You just stand there. With your weapons.
And your creepiness.

That one time I shot you for being weird? It never helped. You were back in the next place, and still as weird as ever.

And I swear, telling me to shoot the water five times at that dock was the worst suggestion ever.

Posted on: October 31 2010 @ 01:12 AM
By: Stranger

Content:

*looks at his own name, then back to the opening post, then to the picture, then back to his own name

IT WASN'T ME I SWEAR! I WAS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, ON ANOTHER CONTINENT, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ATLANITC!
I DON'T EVEN OWN A MASK LIKE THAT! I AM FRIGHTENED BY 300 POUND POTATOS! I'M PARANOIED AROUND ARLOCKS! STOP LOOKING AT ME!
(for the record the preceding segment of my post was intirely meant to be a joke and is not to be taken seriously. I am genuinly concerned that this happened and just wanted to remark on the quincidental fact that my user name happens to be Stranger and it was a stranger that caused utter terror for Cave man Joe)

Posted on: October 31 2010 @ 11:50 AM
By: The Bard

Content:

Quote by: Stranger

IT WASN'T ME I SWEAR! I WAS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, ON ANOTHER CONTINENT, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ATLANITC!
I DON'T EVEN OWN A MASK LIKE THAT! I AM FRIGHTENED BY 300 POUND POTATOS! I'M PARANOIED AROUND ARLOCKS! STOP LOOKING AT ME!

.......doth protest too much, methinks.

Posted on: October 31 2010 @ 08:17 PM

Content:

so, it happens like once a week. Dat bad?

Last time I was getting kernel panics that regularly, I ended up needing to replace both the logic board and the battery of the powerbook in question. Because the machine was insured, I only had to pay a $50 deductible, otherwise it would have cost hundreds for parts and labor. If you can't afford those kind of repairs, you could try formatting the machine and reinstalling the OS, see if that fixes things. It doesn't absolutely have to be a hardware problem. But if it keeps happening after a reformat and reinstall, it's almost definitely hardware. Cheapest thing to replace would be RAM. Most expensive... well, the sky's the limit on a Mac. So yeah, whatever you do, make sure your data is backed up in case you end up with an Apple brand paperweight.

Posted on: October 31 2010 @ 09:36 PM
By: Cousjava

Content:

using it as an Apple brand paperweight.

But then the door would blow open...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Posted on: November 01 2010 @ 06:13 AM

Content:

And that would be any different than what it is now...?

Posted on: November 01 2010 @ 07:26 AM

Content:

And that would be any different than what it is now...?

Hey, come on, it's a pro, not an air.

Posted on: November 01 2010 @ 01:16 PM
By: Maniak

Content:

Hey, come on, it's a pro, not an air.

Hey, the tapered form of the air makes it a perfect wedge. Shove it halfway under the door and you'll have a great doorblocker.

Posted on: November 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
By: Tahvohck

Content:

Of what turned out to be 22 pictures I captured, 19 were corrupted - just blocky green and purple nonsense. All but the first one had file modification dates seventy years in the future.

Um, yeah. So hey, what year is the Island in again?

My laptop, Emily's laptop, and the computers of both of my housemates had crashed while I was downstairs watching the stranger. Three Windows machines borking all at once isn't all that unlikely, but my laptop runs Linux, so it's never crashed before now - and this was a doozy, lines of garbled graphics up and down the screen, completely frozen up.

Three circuit breakers needed reset, as I found out when I went around shakily turning on every light in the house.

...No, seriously, what year?

Posted on: November 10 2010 @ 10:16 PM
By: Beeps

Content:

2077 is the last date I've found on any records anywhere, but that also seems to be from a ways in the past, so ten or so years later sounds about right. Which... Would put it at 70 years in the future.
...Where's the shifty eyes emote?

Posted on: November 11 2010 @ 12:58 AM

Content:

Quote by: Beeps

2077 is the last date I've found on any records anywhere, but that also seems to be from a ways in the past, so ten or so years later sounds about right. Which... Would put it at 70 years in the future.
...Where's the shifty eyes emote?

Eek! I'm gonna start working on EMP-shielding my stuff now if it's the same to you guys.

Posted on: November 11 2010 @ 04:39 AM
By: Buddleia

Content:

/me points upwards.

Improbable Enquirer
Est. 2108

So it's at least 2108, I'm guessing. But yes, I would like an Official Date for when the Island is set...

Posted on: November 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
By: Trotsky

Content:

That's the establishment date for the Enquirer, Improbable Island's newspaper. Quid Pro Quo, the island was first. So, especially since we land on the island approximately ten years after the last communication with any teams sent to it, and it was about ten years for the island to become ..Improbable...after it was found again after the EMPs...

CMJ's corrupted photos were dated for 70 years in the future.

Add 70 to 2010, and you get 2080. Just around twenty years before the Enquirer is begun. And just about the same year SkynetThe Improbability Drive gained awareness.

So Improbable Island is sometime in the decade 2190-2199.

Posted on: November 11 2010 @ 11:59 AM
By: The Watched

Content:

The Watcher

Posted on: November 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM

Content:

Quote by: Trotsky

Add 70 to 2010, and you get 2080. Just around twenty years before the Enquirer is begun. And just about the same year SkynetThe Improbability Drive gained awareness.

So Improbable Island is sometime in the decade 2190-2199.

The Improbability Drive is just a computer. A powerful supercomputer, something massive. Think Deep Blue and imagine some 1400 of them. Only they're not playing chess, but they're curing cancer. Or that's what they want you to think. In reality, they are building The Improbability Drive! We are creating our own demise and at the same time ensuring our future.

This is why we get supporter points for the WCG.

Posted on: November 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
By: Awesome+Fred

Content:

Quote by: The Watched

The Watcher

Holy goddamn jeebus cripes CMJ is amazing at writing.

Posted on: November 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM

Content:

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

Holy goddamn jeebus cripes CMJ is amazing at writing.

Well, yeah. And that was done in the middle of doing lots of other stuff. Just think what we're in for with Emily as full-time writer.

Posted on: November 16 2010 @ 06:21 AM

Content:

So to assist with the chronology here - That article on the Watcher puts the EMP at April 3, 2075. Now, the Museum has correspondence from Sept 14, 2074 stating that they think that they might know where a working computer exists, which theoretically results in the re-discovery of Improbable Island. The Military was alerted to the existence of the Island on June 11, 2075.
The Improbability Drive became active as we know it in 2072. (Journals of David Abraham).

This creates a... Somewhat confused timeline.

205X - Joseph Hawton is sent to the island.
2058 - The Watcher is born.
2072 (February 11) - David Abraham is sent to join Professor Hawton
2072 (March 7) - The Improbability Drive is created.
2072 (July 21) - The Watcher goes into a coma.
2074 (Sept 14th) - Oxford University begins internal talks about the possibility of a working computer on the island.
2075 (April 2) - The Watcher awakens from her coma.
2075 (April 3) - The EMP hits, knocking out all computers worldwide.
2075 (June 11) - Oxford sends a letter to the department of defense about the island.

They do not mention the existence of a computer on the island when contacting the government, and a safe assumption is that the computer in the Museum is the one in question.

Posted on: November 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
By: Alik

Content:

O.o

That was a beautiful start to my day. I love getting the chills.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM

Content:

*curls up in fetal position and sucks thumb*

this can't be happening. Please no.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM

Content:

Quote by: Maniak

*curls up in fetal position and sucks thumb*
this can't be happening. Please no.

Well, it obviously isn't happening at the moment, is it, CMJ?

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM

Content:

Quote by: Ashtu

uh - CMJ - you there?

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
By: ReallyLeonora

Content:

Quote by: Ashtu]Well, it obviously isn't happening at the moment, is it, CMJ?[/p]

....or is it?

*cue Vincent Price laughing maniacally*

Also....love how this came into play. That's all.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM

Content:

uh - CMJ - you there?

Hello? CMJ?

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM

Content:

AWESOME. JUST GOTTA SAY THAT.

Wonder how this'll continue...

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM

Content:

I spent several minutes going "...WTF?!?!" and then I read this thread, grinned, and went "ooooooh, CMJ. You sly devil."

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM

Content:

uh - CMJ - you there?

Hello? CMJ?

Dan??

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM

Content:

Quote by: ReallyLeonora

I spent several minutes going "...WTF?!?!" and then I read this thread, grinned, and went "ooooooh, CMJ. You sly devil."

You didn't happen to nab a copy of the text did you? I'd love to save a copy locally somewhere. Shoot me an email from the link in my profile-thing here if you have it. Big Grin

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
By: Wongo+the+Sane

Content:

I'll admit, I hadn't made the link to this thread until just now, but I second the call for text. I have three of the five pieces (parts one, two, and four) if anyone's interested...

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM

Content:

I'm a little confused. Why all the activity in this thread all of a sudden?

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM

Content:

Drat. I didn't think to save it.

So there's something running around the Island now that makes naked, level 1 characters on high ranks beg and pray they meet the Magpie instead?

Sweet.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM

Content:

So there's something running around the Island now that makes naked, level 1 characters on high ranks beg and pray they meet the Magpie instead?

Sweet.

Or run across a Titan in the Jungle...

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM

Content:

go frolic about the island for a bit.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM

Content:

Sweet.

Someone mentioned in banter that it doesn't seem to have happened to anyone without a certain number of DKs...not sure about that, though.

Also, I wish I had saved the text. I was too busy clicking through to think that far ahead, though.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM

Content:

go frolic about the island for a bit.

But today is a bad day for frolicking. Cry

Doing it anyway, I'll try to remember to save the text on... whatever's happening.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
By: Caleb

Content:

Good grief, that was brilliant. Despite having been forewarned by the Twitter, I still got a fair amount of unexpected "engh!"; eye-wateringly good, yes-- plip!

Well done.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM

Content:

NO NO no no nonononono...

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM

Content:

I don't know what you guys are fretting about. I had a nice little conversation with the guy, and I felt great afterward. Why just look at me. I'm positively glowing.

BTW, I saved the meeting, so if anyone needs it...

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM

Content:

Not all of us have so many eyes to spare as you, though.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM

Content:

I don't know what you guys are fretting about. I had a nice little conversation with the guy, and I felt great afterward. Why just look at me. I'm positively glowing.

BTW, I saved the meeting, so if anyone needs it...

I have now realized that there's about 18,000 characters in the full meeting, not exactly distract-able. I'll post it in the enquirer ASAP.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM

Content:

I wasn't sure if that should be done, to keep from ruining it for others.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM

Content:

While yes, it has the potential to spoil, remember there's some that have seen it, forgotten to save, and probably never will see it again unless they make another account and work their way up all over again. I expect it to be used for reference, like the Watcher's Computer. There WILL be a giant SPOILER tag if I make it.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM

Content:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
By: Iriana

Content:

To borrow the word--bloody fantastic.

Luckily I remembered to save it because I was warned by this thread. Now I can... um... keep it... to read to myself...

Doesn't make a great bedtime story, does it? But truly wonderful writing, CMJ.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
By: Hiraniva

Content:

Well.

This post will give me enough nightmares that it will keep my shrink busy for months.

I'm sure she'll thank you for the excessive number of copays coming her way.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM

Content:

So, did anyone notice the logo and gamma changes during the story, or were they too subtle?

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM

Content:

So, did anyone notice the logo and gamma changes during the story, or were they too subtle?

Too subtle for me.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM

Content:

I didn't notice the logo change. I was too busy reading the page. I did notice the background change, but more because I've been wondering why multiple shades of it were put in the repo. It is quite subtle, though

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM

Content:

Then the bunny disappearing from the logo can remain one of those cool but unsettling things that only the highly observant player notices. Wink

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM

Content:

I've always wondered about that bunny.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM

Content:

I didn't notice any changes....but I really, really want to see where this will go. Also, it gave me the perfect excuse to give Leonora her monocle back, which I've been wanting to do for a while, now. Wink

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 10:52 PM
By: Wigs

Content:

Althought I didn't notice the changes of the backround, what I did notice most was the HP hitting 0. If only because I was having a GOOD day and I had no choice but to panic.

Posted on: January 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
By: Iriana

Content:

I wish I hadn't missed these little things. Serves me right for playing games during classes. (And of course people playing on mobiles would generally not see cosmetic changes like that.) But heck, the story was scary enough without it. Now, though, I have to wonder what part the bunny played in all this...

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
By: Adder+Moray

Content:

Noticed the logo go, nothing else.

Now to go blow this builder's brew on a voluntary quarantine camp.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 12:36 AM
By: Neeip

Content:

Moma always did say not to talk to Strangers.
SHOULD. HAVE. LISTENED.
D:

Hokay, new stuff. YESSSSSSSS!Big Grin I cant wait to see how this all turns out...

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 02:08 AM

Content:

Aaaaand done.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM

Content:

Nope, nope, didn't affect me at all.
Nope.
uhuh.
well - maybe a little.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 02:20 AM
By: D+Valentine

Content:

Quote by: Adder+Moray

Aaaaand done.

Can I come visit?
It was well-written and I've been reading it over and over again. Does anyone know what happens if you try to run?
-snickers- I want to visit his house!
-rereads a bit at the end- Continuation?

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM

Content:

2, 32 for those of you who intend to play your character as having been affected.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 02:25 AM

Content:

Quote by: D+Valentine

Does anyone know what happens if you try to run?

Yup. Get away, unharmed, return to an outpost. Dunno if you get a second chance.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 02:30 AM

Content:

Glad you mentioned the gamma change, CMJ - I just thought my monitor or eyes had gone wonky for a minute. Didn't notice the logo change - you shouldn't have said anything, just waited until somebody did notice! *evil grin*

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 02:30 AM

Content:

Quote by: KimmyMonstah

Huh. guess that Would explain all the twitching then...

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 02:37 AM

Content:

Quote by: Neeip

He injects you with flux capacitor juice.

Also, holy crap I finally logged in, for once. Kinda had to, now.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM

Content:

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 03:08 AM

Content:

Yup. Get away, unharmed, return to an outpost. Dunno if you get a second chance.

That's the boring option.

There's one line that stuck with me... I liked it a lot for that reason. Almost gave me chills. I won't say it due to spoilers, but I think people will know which one I mean when I say: it had the word "bad" in it.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 03:18 AM

Content:

Quote by: Matthew

There's one line that stuck with me... I liked it a lot for that reason. Almost gave me chills. I won't say it due to spoilers, but I think people will know which one I mean when I say: it had the word "bad" in it.

oh, yeah.

There was another one too, that I liked. It was alice on wonderland-esque.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 04:06 AM

Content:

I noticed the background change, but I got a new monitor very, very, very recently, and thought it was because of that.

Didn't notice the logo. I was too busy worrying about the creepy that my character was interacting with.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 04:24 AM
By: Escemfer

Content:

I have a love for well-written creepypasta. As soon as I saw that people in this thread were talking about something interesting, I had to run off to the jungle to find out.

Freaking awesome. In every way. Looooove it. It was amazing. Wanna see more of this genteel chap. and etcetera. Must say my favorite surreal aspect was his manner of speech.

I didn't notice the background changing, but I did spot the logo and the HP drain.

Also, anyone know what the DK requirement is on this story, Maiko's quest, and Rohit's story?

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 04:31 AM

Content:

Quote by: Escemfer

I have a love for well-written creepypasta. As soon as I saw that people in this thread were talking about something interesting, I had to run off to the jungle to find out.

Freaking awesome. In every way. Looooove it. It was amazing. Wanna see more of this genteel chap. and etcetera. Must say my favorite surreal aspect was his manner of speech.

I didn't notice the background changing, but I did spot the logo and the HP drain.

Also, anyone know what the DK requirement is on this story, Maiko's quest, and Rohit's story?

Rohit has no DK requirement, it's just a random chance. I actually encountered it while doing the museum quest on my rookie alt.
Maiko's has a 5 DK requirement, I believe.
I don't know what the requirement for the new one is, if there is one. The lowest I've heard is 10 DKs, but that's just from random polling in Banter.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 04:55 AM

Content:

Quote by: Escemfer

HP drain.

I must be pretty unobservant, because I didn't notice that at all. Frown Or the background gamma.

A wonder, CMJ: could there be an ingame thing that lets us 'reset' the (non-Dan) quests we've done, so we can read through them again? Maybe remove the museum/Rohit rewards on repeats, because you just know people would farm it for cigarettes, otherwise.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 05:06 AM
By: Harris

Content:

I...I may have creepy dreams tonight.

WELL PLAYED, SIR!

so scared...

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
By: Mogar

Content:

MY EYE ITCHES SO BAD!!! Why won't it stop?

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM

Content:

Quote by: Mogar

MY EYE ITCHES SO BAD!!! Why won't it stop?

Thats cause the medgel goop.
And the eye-staby-staby.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 07:30 AM
By: Harris

Content:

I...don' think i CAN sleep, actually.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
By: Makiwa

Content:

OMH - excellent writing!

I really enjoyed that encounter Eek!

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
By: wvf

Content:

Why, yes, I have time for 20 min. of Improbable Island right before I go to sleep... It'll be a late night, but I have plans, it'll only be a bit...

Yeah, right.
It's an hour later now.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
By: Wongo+the+Sane

Content:

Quote by: wvf

Why, yes, I have time for 20 min. of Improbable Island right before I go to sleep... It'll be a late night, but I have plans, it'll only be a bit...

Yeah, right.
It's an hour later now.

That would've been true with or without this encounter, and you know it ;-)
(Or at least, if you're anything like me it would)

Also, did anyone happen to get screenshots rather than just a text dump? I was too busy reading the text and thinking 'how badly is this going to screw me over if I do the stupid thing?' to notice the subtle changes to the screen.

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
By: Makiwa

Content:

Quote by: Wongo+the+Sane

Quote by: wvf

Yeah, right.
It's an hour later now.

That would've been true with or without this encounter, and you know it ;-)
(Or at least, if you're anything like me it would)

Also, did anyone happen to get screenshots rather than just a text dump? I was too busy reading the text and thinking 'how badly is this going to screw me over if I do the stupid thing?' to notice the subtle changes to the screen.

All this.

I was too engrossed to notice too,

Posted on: January 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
By: Epaphus

Content:

Oh, great. Now that the floodgates have been opened, how long will it be until we get Red Jokers, Gold, Trafalgar Green, Paisley, and every other color? Soon, every Joker on the Island will be grabbing a Mr. Noseybonk mask, raiding Bed, Bath & Beyond for colorful sheets*, and showing up at Chez Caveman to crash the servers. I swear, if this catches on, I'll never get any work done around here.**
_____

* Okay, I'll admit a certain fondness for the idea of the Laura Ashley Tasteful Floral Print Joker.

** And to whoever just shouted, "Ya don't do any work around here as it is," from the back of the room, I'm coming for you. Just as soon as I finish my nap.

Posted on: January 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM

Content:

Quote by: Epaphus

Oh, great. Now that the floodgates have been opened, how long will it be until we get Red Jokers, Gold, Trafalgar Green, Paisley, and every other color? Soon, every Joker on the Island will be grabbing a Mr. Noseybonk mask, raiding Bed, Bath & Beyond for colorful sheets*, and showing up at Chez Caveman to crash the servers. I swear, if this catches on, I'll never get any work done around here.**
_____

* Okay, I'll admit a certain fondness for the idea of the Laura Ashley Tasteful Floral Print Joker.

** And to whoever just shouted, "Ya don't do any work around here as it is," from the back of the room, I'm coming for you. Just as soon as I finish my nap.

Why Bed, Bath & Beyond?

Posted on: January 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM

Content:

....grabbing a Mr. Noseybonk mask, raiding Bed, Bath & Beyond for colorful sheets....

Why Bed, Bath & Beyond?

Already got the mask, and I'll just steal the sheets off your clothesline, Epaphus.

Posted on: January 21 2011 @ 04:32 AM

Content:

Why Bed, Bath & Beyond

Have you ever loved something so much you canít live without it?* That's why there's Bed, Bath & Beyond--there's always one nearby** no matter where you live***; they're always running a sale****; and they have those chairs that massage your back***** ... Plus, it's the only sheet-selling store I could think of at the spur of the moment.
_____

* In my case, itís my premium cable package, but you see my point.

** Jokers hate to travel linear distances.

*** Unless you live in some primitive third-world country, like Alabama.

**** And isn't that the very heart and soul of Capitalism? It's the home of the brave and the land of the free, where everything free has its price. And those Laura Ashley Tasteful Floral Print sheets are 40% off. Score!

***** I don't have anything sarcastic to say about them. They're just a happy bonus.

Posted on: January 21 2011 @ 04:38 AM

Content:

And those Laura Ashley Tasteful Floral Print sheets are 40% off. Score!

You really want those sheets, don't you?

Oh darn, I got off topic.

My eye still itches.

Posted on: January 21 2011 @ 05:05 AM

Content:

Already got the mask, and I'll just steal the sheets off your clothesline, Epaphus.

True story about clotheslines.

My ex-wife's grandmother* was a rifle-toting bitch of an old girl who lived in the backwoods of Alabama. One night in the late 1980s, she saw a bunch of people dancing around in sheets in her back yard. "It must be those danged hippies I heard about once** on the news," she said to her cat Elvis.*** She immediately grabbed her shotgun, threw open her kitchen window, and started blasting away at 'em with buckshot. Then she called the police to come arrest the hippies.

Naturally the police didn't show up until the next morning. (Granny was a shotgun-wielding gun fanatic with bad eyesight. The police weren't about to venture into range until it was broad daylight.****) When they did arrive, they didn't find any hippies ... but they did discover Granny had opened fire on a couple of sheets she'd left on her clothesline.

And yes, the wife and I drove her***** to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy new sheets. But we made her leave the shotgun in the pickup's gun rack.
_____

* Affectionately called "Granny," mostly because she was too old to bother telling people her real name, and the rest of her family were too terrified of her to ask.

** Granny stopped watching the news when Walter Cronkite retired in 1981, 'cause those replacement newscasters were obviously a bunch of danged fast-talking Communists, so whatever mention of hippies ran through her head must've been something she saw on TV twenty years before.

*** Yes, as in "Presley." This was before "Elvis" turned out to be female by birthing a litter of kittens behind the stove and got renamed "Dolly Parton." What? You think I could make this stuff up?

**** Seriously, do you blame them? Law enforcement in Alabama doesn't pay enough to afford extended hospital care.

***** We weren't about to let Granny behind the wheel of an automobile again after that time she ran the chicken truck off the road ... Ah, but that's a story for another time.

Posted on: January 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
By: LadyRavenSkye

Content:

Epaphus, sir... that story is beautiful.

Posted on: January 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
By: Syd+Lexic

Content:

Heavens! FANTASTIC writing! That was good 'n' creepy! Syd is now cowering in an outpost.

Posted on: January 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
By: Painted+Pony

Content:

Astounding... I wish I had creepers coming to my house in the middle of the night for inspiration...

But seriously, the Stranger and the bed-sheets stories? Wonderful stuff. I'm amazed at some of the writing I'm finding here. Why aren't you two writing novels? Or some other such fun? I'd buy them (but don't seriously hold me to that because I'm broke at the moment--I've only started working at my first job this past week). You could make millions (or at least several hundred dollars).

Posted on: January 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM
By: Count+Sessine

Content:

Quote by: Painted+Pony

Astounding... I wish I had creepers coming to my house in the middle of the night for inspiration...

But seriously, the Stranger and the bed-sheets stories? Wonderful stuff. I'm amazed at some of the writing I'm finding here. Why aren't you two writing novels? Or some other such fun? I'd buy them (but don't seriously hold me to that because I'm broke at the moment--I've only started working at my first job this past week). You could make millions (or at least several hundred dollars).

Terry Pratchett currently holds the franchise for hilarious footnotes in novels; Epaphus only bought the right to use them in forum posts.

CavemanJoe isn't writing novels because, while he is indeed an amazing writer, he is also that good at making the game world we all play in. He combines these two talents to achieve heretofore undreamed-of levels of AWESOMEness.*
------
* Also incredible riches! Or at least... that's the plan. Eventually.

Posted on: January 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
By: Hairy+Mary

Content:

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Terry Pratchett currently holds the franchise for hilarious footnotes in novels; Epaphus only bought the right to use them in forum posts.

Have you read 'Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell' by Susanna Clarke? If not, then I strongly recommend that you do. That might cause you to revise your opinion.

Posted on: January 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
By: Count+Sessine

Content:

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Have you read 'Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell' by Susanna Clarke? If not, then I strongly recommend that you do. That might cause you to revise your opinion.

Well sure, Pratchett does have a few problems with enforcement.

Posted on: January 23 2011 @ 04:01 AM
By: Zpatula

Content:

Hey, something really strange just happened. I walked out of Kittania and my head immediately began to hurt, like there was a dentist's drill behind my eyes. I turned around and standing in front of me was... my first wife. I didn't even know she was on The Island! Eek!

Posted on: January 23 2011 @ 05:34 AM

Content:

Quote by: Zpatula

Hey, something really strange just happened. I walked out of Kittania and my head immediately began to hurt, like there was a dentist's drill behind my eyes. I turned around and standing in front of me was... my first wife. I didn't even know she was on The Island! Eek!

I thought you ate her or something. Well. . .the Island is a big one.

Posted on: January 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM

Content:

CavemanJoe isn't writing novels because, while he is indeed an amazing writer, he is also that good at making the game world we all play in. He combines these two talents to achieve heretofore undreamed-of levels of AWESOMEness.*
------
* Also incredible riches! Or at least... that's the plan. Eventually.

-Is making 'OH, OH, OH' sounds right now, you just can't hear it.- It's all clearer to me now. I always find it incredible that some people can do two things so incredibly--for instance, coding AND writing. To me, they seem so very different, using entirely different parts of the brain. I could be wrong, as I do not do any coding myself, but in any case, the patience required is beyond my capabilities. I attempted to learn HTML and know very basic things and can usually figure out simple codes/commands but WOAH. The level of skill, memorization, and patience just amazes. Putting an entire site together and maintaining it is mind-blowing. I respect anyone that can do that FULL TIME AND write all of the interesting and wonderful stories/plots/etc. like we have in I.I. It is a true pleasure to be a part of the community and to get to take part in the fun.

Thanks for replying and clearing up some things for me Razz

Posted on: January 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM

Content:

Quote by: Zpatula

By the way, Zpat, I gave her a key to your dwelling. She said something about showing up with a moving van to claim a bed or two in return for all the back alimony you owe ...

Posted on: January 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM

Content:

Flatter me enough, I'll bite. Wink

I'll probably write a blog post about this one day, but here's the short version: I don't write novels because I can do more with a text adventure game than I can with a novel.

In a novel, I can't suddenly take away something (say, a logo graphic) that the reader has been looking at for dozens (in some cases hundreds; in a few cases thousands) of hours, in order to make the experience of a given plot point more unsettling.

In a novel, I can't have the words tell one side of the story, and the packaging tell a completely contradictory side (you'll understand when you see the next Watcher plot point, coming soon!). In a novel, the people reading it aren't all playing with each other to extend the story beyond the page.

And, importantly, unless you self-publish, then writing a novel earns you really, really shit pay. Seriously, far less than minimum wage. The publishing industry has been completely fucked for decades now, and thankfully all the major publishers will either change dramatically or die off within the next three or four years. And I'll say good riddance to 'em.

(yeah... three years ago I thought "You know what, I give newspapers another ten years, tops, and CD's another eight." And I thought that was kind of radical. It turned out to be a very conservative estimate. If you think the world seems to turn faster because you're getting old, you're wrong - it really is getting faster all the time)

That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a half-baked novel sitting on my hard drive, getting some extra icing every couple of weeks. Wink

Posted on: January 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
By: Rosin

Content:

We're not saying you have to be a novelist Dan. After all you make far more money off of us than you would off of book royalties, and we're much happier that way. (Or at least I am. I'd rather not have you get only 3% or so of what I payed for a book and the rest go to publishers and such.)

Posted on: January 24 2011 @ 02:12 AM

Content:

That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a half-baked novel sitting on my hard drive, getting some extra icing every couple of weeks. Wink

I'm totally willing to edit that bad boy if you ever feel an urge to publish on a whim, regardless of your feelings about the publishing industry (and I have no doubt you're correct), just saying.

Quote by: Rosin

We're not saying you have to be a novelist Dan. After all you make far more money off of us than you would off of book royalties, and we're much happier that way. (Or at least I am. I'd rather not have you get only 3% or so of what I payed for a book and the rest go to publishers and such.)

This is true. Goodness no! You don't have to be a novelist. You don't even have to be a novelist to write novels--Look at the U.S., we publish novels by just about anyone these days. In any case, it is good to know there are sites like this that are labors of love by honestly talented people (and no, I'm not purposefully brown-nosing--it is coincidental). You likely do make more money on this site than you would writing books, but regardless, I believe it is still great that you get your words out there. The fact that I can read your words a few bajillion miles away in another country is pretty awesome, and I'm not complaining that it's free. I'm just saying it surprised me that it was/is free. I'm certainly ecstatic about it.

Posted on: January 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
By: Swede

Content:

No, as far as I can tell you don't get a second chance.

And I would kindly remind you sir, that a sense of self preservation isn't boring.
I can't wait for you all to turn into mindless zombies so Swede can go "Evil Dead" on you.
Wink

Posted on: January 24 2011 @ 08:41 AM

Content:

And I would kindly remind you sir, that a sense of self preservation isn't boring.
I can't wait for you all to turn into mindless zombies so Swede can go "Evil Dead" on you.
Wink

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains!

Sorry, I just came back from New Pittsburgh.

Posted on: January 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
By: Swede

Content:

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains!

Sorry, I just came back from New Pittsburgh.

Swede is off to get his chainsaw attached and loads his boomstick.
Things are happening faster than I anticipated.

Posted on: January 26 2011 @ 02:22 AM

Content:

So I've just got back from the doctor's, with a bottle of eye drops for my right eye which developed a nasty infection a couple of days after I wrote that quest. It hurts when the corners of my eyes wrinkle up, so I'm trying not to smile.

You wanna fuckin' talk about life imitating art... Rolling Eyes

Posted on: January 26 2011 @ 04:26 AM
By: Kuroiten

Content:

So I've just got back from the doctor's, with a bottle of eye drops for my right eye which developed a nasty infection a couple of days after I wrote that quest. It hurts when the corners of my eyes wrinkle up, so I'm trying not to smile.

You wanna fuckin' talk about life imitating art... Rolling Eyes

So long as it doesn't start glowing orange. If it does...well, I've heard masks are in. Everyone will be wearing them in the future! Big Grin

Posted on: January 28 2011 @ 01:28 AM
By: A+Bad+Joker

Content:

Hello. Should I befriend you?

Posted on: January 28 2011 @ 02:23 AM

Content:

Quote by: A+Bad+Joker

Hello. Should I befriend you?

You look like you really need a friend desperately, sir.

How odd, my nose is bleeding again... But then again, I have a blood clotting issue. So surely it is just that, right?

Posted on: January 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
By: William

Content:

The Gentleman is coming by
Looking in windows,
Knocking on doors...

Posted on: January 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM

Content:

Quote by: William

Looking in windows,
Knocking on doors...

The Drive followed me home? Or was it the Stranger who showed up at the dorm?

Posted on: January 29 2011 @ 02:56 AM

Content:

Looking in windows,
Knocking on doors...

Nah, it's Blic-news. They want you to see their blog, and they're willing to slap you in the face with their front page.

Posted on: January 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM

Content:

Looking in windows,
Knocking on doors...

Nah, it's Blic-news. They want you to see their blog, and they're willing to slap you in the face with their front page.

Oh no! I thought I told them to stop trolling! My yard is already full of fliers and people!

Posted on: January 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM

Content:

Has anyone linked to this yet? Marble Hornets

Posted on: January 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
By: A+Bad+Joker

Content:

I wish why you believe this is me, yes?

Posted on: January 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM

Content:

Beeps, you bastard*. I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks, and I'm only up to Entry #20!

*And I mean bastard in the most loving way, of course.

Posted on: January 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM

Content:

Holy crap, that was/is awesome.

Posted on: January 30 2011 @ 03:16 AM
By: Darcy

Content:

Is it bad that I read all of that and only heard 'new weather system'? Finally! My dreams come to fruition!

... oh, and the masked-stranger-stranger thing is really neat too.

Posted on: January 30 2011 @ 04:09 AM

Content:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_pass_accident

There were no indications of other people nearby apart from the nine travelers on Kholat Syakhl, nor anyone in the surrounding areas.

Forensic radiation tests had shown high doses of radioactive contamination on the clothes of a few victims.

The final verdict was that the group members all died because of a "compelling unknown force".

stranger

Posted on: January 30 2011 @ 05:17 AM

Content:

Forensic radiation tests had shown high doses of radioactive contamination on the clothes of a few victims.

It's well-known, in some circles, that high levels of certain types of radiation can warp three- and four-dimensional continua, as if distance and time flowed in nonlinear ways. Obviously they died of radiation from the Chernobyl incident in advance of its actual occurrence.

Posted on: February 03 2011 @ 02:47 AM

Content:

....Obviously they died of radiation from the Chernobyl incident in advance of its actual occurrence.

Oh, pish-tosh and fiddlesticks - it was obviously a delayed reaction to the Tunguska event.

Posted on: February 06 2011 @ 07:36 PM
By: Cousjava

Content:

Please...can you stop standing in the street outside my house?

Posted on: February 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
By: Shi

Content:

A thing I saw today, in the local air-ambulance charity shop of all places...

Posted on: February 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM

Content:

**sees picture**

Note to self: Pigeon Reporter Mutant.

**runs off to trademark idea**

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=19032