Subject: Hardcore Cricket Bat Love and You.

Posted on: July 11 2012 @ 08:30 PM
By: WolfeMHowler

Content:

Whenever I try to sell my weapon at Sheila's, I am met with this message.

Sheila sizes you up, then decides that separating you from your Cricket Bat right now would be too painful for you. The sale is off!

Is there any way to sell my weapon in this run, or am I stuck with it until I kill the Drive?

Replies:

Re: Hardcore Cricket Bat Love and You.

Posted on: July 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
By: Buddleia

Content:

Hello Wolfe! Welcome to the cheerful madness that is Improbable Island.

This is a standard feature in Sheila's. It means that this weapon is granting you Charm and/or Favour, and either your Charm stat is too low and selling it would put you into negative Charm, or, you haven't got enough Favour and selling the bat would put you into negative Favour. (Or possibly both.) And Sheila won't allow that.

So, no. You're not stuck with your bat: you just need to do a little bit of playing around before you can! You can raise your Charm by various means - for suggestions, see the Charm page in the Enquirer wiki - and your Favour by getting Failboated and winning some cage fights.

This is explained in a little more detail in the Rookie Advisory (along with lots of other useful info!) if you'd like to read up about stuff.

Good luck, and have fun!

Posted on: July 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
By: WolfeMHowler

Content:

Thanks, I guess I shouldn't be grinding the Skronky Pot.

Posted on: July 11 2012 @ 10:16 PM
By: talkydoor

Content:

Quote by: WolfeMHowler

The local cig industry appreciates it. Big Grin

Posted on: July 12 2012 @ 12:59 AM
By: Nekops

Content:

Quote by: WolfeMHowler

It's probably a good idea to stop, aye. Charm will save you lots more in the long run anyway.

Posted on: July 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
By: Trowa

Content:

If you've knocked over the Pot once, you have your medal, and that's all you need from it. Big Grin

Posted on: July 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
By: tehdave

Content:

Quote by: Trowa

If you've knocked over the Pot once, you have your medal, and that's all you need from it. Big Grin

What about those of us who knocked over the pot long before the medals existed but are now currently #19 on the charm HoF and really don't want to have to do that climb again. HUH? HUH?

Posted on: July 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM

Content:

Quote by: tehdave

What about those of us who knocked over the pot long before the medals existed but are now currently #19 on the charm HoF and really don't want to have to do that climb again. HUH? HUH?

Then I feel sorry for you, bro. Laughing Out Loud I got 99 problems, but a Skronky ain't one! (....yet. >.>)

Posted on: July 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
By: Hairy+Mary

Content:

Then I feel sorry for you, bro. Laughing Out Loud I got 99 problems, but a Skronky ain't one! (....yet. >.>)

That could be arranged...

Posted on: July 13 2012 @ 12:37 AM

Content:

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

That could be arranged...

I was afraid of that. Frown **gulp**

Posted on: July 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
By: Skidge

Content:

Oh, you. We don't need a silly ol' number to tell us that you're charming.

*winsome smile*

Posted on: July 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
By: Matthew

Content:

I had shedloads of Charm before I finally gave in for the shiny, shiny medal.

No regrets.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=28670