Subject: Robert Catesby

Posted on: October 22 2017 @ 09:15 AM
By: Wongo+the+Sane

Content:

I'm looking for the monster description for Robert Catesby. Does anyone have a link to a list of monster descriptions?

Replies:

Re: Robert Catesby

Posted on: October 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
By: Hairy+Mary

Content:

November 5, 1605 will remain in the minds of the people of England as the night of the failed gunpowder plot.

This information leaks itself from your memory as you spy an oddly dressed man with a cloak glaring at you from across a field.

"It was my idea! My plan! Yet who do they name the day for? That idiot Fawkes!" shouts the madman. "He failed at the simplest task we could have given him! But this time, I'll do things right!" The man grasps a tarp covering a tall lumpy pile.

"Wait, who are you again?" you ask, genuinely confused.

"Catesby! Robert Catesby!" he shouts, practically foaming with rage. "And soon, everyone will remember my name!" He pulls on the tarp, revealing thirty-seven large barrels filled to the brim with a black powder. "Just you wait, they will remember me!" he shouts, striking a match.

"Wait... what?" you ask, as he lights a long fuse leading to the barrels.

This could end quite badly.

You have encountered Robert Catesby which lunges at you with thirty seven barrels of gunpowder!

---

Message shown when monster wins: With a tremendous boom, the explosion launches you directly to the failboat.
Message shown when monster loses: What, no boom?

Smile

Also:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FLaH0mleOKONxzjn4nhCtmulCeL_D5JuSuDzhe_yj-Q/edit#gid=0

Posted on: October 22 2017 @ 11:07 AM
By: Wongo+the+Sane

Content:

Thanks HM, that's exactly what I was looking for.

One of my friends was talking about the BBC series 'Gunpowder' last night; and I wanted to show how I knew who Robert Catesby was :-)

Posted on: October 23 2017 @ 06:00 AM
By: Hairy+Mary

Content:

Very educational, this game.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=34337