Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > In-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Improbable Island: the movie
 |  Printable Version
Chimental
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 12:51 AM UTC (Read 19687 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Alright, I know the title will probably get your hopes up, but I thought of something you might find interesting.

Since the Island is essentially a television show (2nd best mandatory-participation reality TV war competition), it would make sense that the next step would be to make a movie. They'll never let us off the island to film the movie, so obviously, they'll use actors (Zombified or otherwise). So why don't we put down who would be our movie counterparts?

...Fiiiiiine, I'll go first.

Since my 'character(s)' only require a voice (and Avatar-like tons of CGI), I picture Chimental being voiced by Andreas Deja, and that's it. Just him. His array of lovable, powerful, and sly characters he supplied the voice for makes him a perfect candidate for the many members of the mass. (For those without IMDB, he was the voice of Jafar, Scar, Stitch, Roger Rabbit, Hercules, and King Triton)

So go on, put your thoughts here. Who would play you? While you're at it, think about other people on the island and who would be the best actor or actress for them. Even if the bloated corporates make the movie into an animated film, (Jim Henson's Island Babies) say who would supply the voice. Who'd be the Watcher, the SHOUTING SARGE of Newhome, or even your best buddy on the island?

Personally, I picture Maiko being played by Martha Stewert. And go.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Ada
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 01:35 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

(Andreas Deja isn't a voice actor! He's an animator. He was the animator for Scar, for example. Scar was voiced by Jeremy Irons. Jafar was Johnathan Freeman.)

I couldn't pick anyone for Ada, honestly. I don't know any Indian actresses (well except one but she's gorgeous, not exactly dark-of-face and small-of-boob), and I don't want to come up with a voice actor, because then in my head she will have to go and sound like that person.
Also, I think she'd probably be pretty annoying.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 01:47 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

*rechecks IMDB*...D'oh! *FAIL*

Alright, I'm an idiot, and there goes a large portion of the beginning post. And since I can't change my last post (dammit) I change my pick to Jeremy Irons. Moving on.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Daedalus
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 06:33 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hmm .. tough call. Especially as I'm not a great cinema afficianado.

I'd like to think Liam Neeson would be a candidate for Daedalus, but I'd probably end up with a Richard Dreyfus/Robin Williams type, sans exuberance. I try to keep Daedalus sedate(d), but now and then he just gets a bit antic, so Neeson might be a bit ... laid back. Perhaps Daedalus aspires to be Neeson-like, but never quite makes it stick? William Hurt could possibly do it, as could Kenneth Brannagh.

My 'image' of the Watcher is a bit Annette Benning, and a bit Sharon Stone. An edgy Benning or an intelligent Stone. Perhaps Kathleen Turner?

Oh dear, hardly a contemporary cast, is it. Showing my age.

D.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
NotAgain
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 02:36 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

[laughs]

Robin Williams? He was my first thought for Not's voice. After an infusion of LSD-laced amphetamines. Big Grin

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 03:52 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Chimental

Um - Alpha - is it just a coincidence that you started this thread on April 1?

Thank you.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 05:12 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

My first reaction to this was, "Hey, come on, there's nobody who could play Sessine -- not without outraged screams from me." But, y'know... there is.

Matt Smith. He could absolutely do it.

Profile Email
g_rock
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 05:20 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Lessee... Alternately:
The first busker they can bribe off the street, then optimus prime with a teakettle duct taped to his head, then Rip Torn, then whomever did the puppetry for Statler and Waldorf, voiced by Harry Shearer.

Also,
I would recommend Peter Sellers, Kenneth Branaugh, or Ed Asner for Bernard (possibly all three...at once)

Profile Email
XaNe
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 06:36 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I've never really thought about it, I have no idea who I'd like to play Xane....Although if pressured to pick, I could probably go with someone like Ed Norton, simply because I like his acting style.

And if Morgan Freeman could play Adder, I would laugh so hard I'd collapse a lung.

Some people see the glass as half full, some people see it as half empty, I just spit in the cup until it isn't a problem anymore.

Profile Email
Korrin McCleod
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 06:48 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Only person I could really picture playing Korrin would be Sean Patrick Flannery. Give him a bit shaggier hair and he'd do a real bang up job... Not that many of you know Korrin anyway, but... *shrug*

Profile Email
g_rock
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 06:52 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Also, am I the only one oppsed to a CGI Chimental? I mean, just get a bunch of midgets, stack/pile 'em up, and throw a cloak over 'em. Then, have various animatronic claws/tails/noodly appendages dart out once in a while.

Profile Email
Adder Moray
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 07:13 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: XaNe

I've never really thought about it, I have no idea who I'd like to play Xane....Although if pressured to pick, I could probably go with someone like Ed Norton, simply because I like his acting style.

And if Morgan Freeman could play Adder, I would laugh so hard I'd collapse a lung.

I would have not one problem with this. Way too old for the part but, damn it, it's MORGAN FREEMAN.

Anyways, my first choice for Adder would be a young Laurence Fishburne.

In regards to the drill instructor in NH. There is only one choice

BRIAN BLESSED

Seriously, I don't think you're even legally allowed to type BRIAN BLESSED's name without caps + bold.

Profile Email
Korrin McCleod
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 07:33 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Adder+Moray

Quote by: XaNe

I would have not one problem with this. Way too old for the part but, damn it, it's MORGAN FREEMAN.

Anyways, my first choice for Adder would be a young Laurence Fishburne.

BRIAN BLESSED

Seriously, I don't think you're even legally allowed to type BRIAN BLESSED's name without caps + bold.

Now, Mr. Blessed is fairly epic, don't get me wrong. But two other guys spring to mind for Corporal Punishment in my eyes. Stephen Lang or R. Lee Ermey. They both could easily fill the angry military instructor type (In Ermey's case he WAS a Marine Corps drill instructor I believe).

Mr. Blessed could however make a fantastic Cuthbert if given proper prosthetics... Think about it, all those hammy insults, Shakespearean or otherwise?

Profile Email
g_rock
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 07:34 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Adder+Moray

BRIAN BLESSED

Seriously, I don't think you're even legally allowed to type BRIAN BLESSED's name without caps + bold.[/p]

I was thinking more, R. Lee Ermey. There is no other military man. Anywhere. Ever.

And, for the watcher, Sigourney Weaver

DJ Qualls as the Cake or Death Joker?

Jonathan Rhys-Davies as Big Su Skronky?

Profile Email
Adder Moray
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 07:40 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Also, Xane. Ryan Reynolds.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 07:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ashtu

Um - Alpha - is it just a coincidence that you started this thread on April 1?

Technically, when I started the thread, it was Wed, March 31st, at night over here.

Quote by: g_rock

Also, am I the only one opposed to a CGI Chimental? I mean, just get a bunch of midgets, stack/pile 'em up, and throw a cloak over 'em. Then, have various animatronic claws/tails/noodly appendages dart out once in a while.

Oh, like you couldn't be replaced with the robots from the 'It's a small world' ride at Disneyworld? Razz

Profile Email
tehdave
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 07:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

For sheer audacity's sake, I'd say a Men-in-Tights Cary Elwes with darker hair and an American accent for Dave. Just the right amount of dashing and ridiculous.

Although for a portion of the movie, you'd have to have him drawn in. Loony-Tunes style.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
g_rock
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 08:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh, like you couldn't be replaced with the robots from the 'It's a small world' ride at Disneyworld? Razz

HA! Even better! But, repainted in a fine italian suit, instead of the dutch getup.

Quote by: tehdave

For sheer audacity's sake, I'd say a Men-in-Tights Cary Elwes with darker hair and an American accent for Dave. Just the right amount of dashing and ridiculous.

Although for a portion of the movie, you'd have to have him drawn in. Loony-Tunes style.

So, in other words, Cary Elwes, but nothing like him? Wink

And howsabout Johnny Depp's fedora from Public Enemies as Teh

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 08:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I wqould have thought the film would just be collection of clips strung together. But if not, who could play me (in mu current incantation)...A pile of bricks.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
SinkOrSwim
 Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 08:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Sink - when human, William Elliott Whitmore (okay, not an actor, but the voice is there and I don't own a TV so don't watch films...)

When lupine, the dog that played Diefenbaker in Due South.

... Grace is just the measure of a fall ...

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.88 seconds
New Topic Post Reply