Improbable Island: The Television Show
 |  Printable Version
Harris
 Saturday, August 30 2014 @ 03:52 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Trowa

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Worth noting - I only write happy endings, and there are a lot of as-yet unfinished stories on the Island. If it's not happy, then it's not the end.

If my recollection of Shakespearean comedies is still correct, then it's only a matter of time before Jill and The Stranger get hitched! Big Grin

I shall now head to bed to dream pleasant nightmares...

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Saturday, August 30 2014 @ 04:12 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Oh, The Watcher's staying. Don't worry about that.

(and it's funny you should mention WaiterBot. Someone petitioned a spelling error recently, and I went back to read the whole thing. It's the funniest thing I've ever written - and I wrote it in 2011, fer goodness' sakes. I should be beating my record every year! Time for some more funny stuff, perhaps...)

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Saturday, August 30 2014 @ 04:17 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

And re: socio-political etc: This here's a game about writing, and as much as I keep my politics pretty much to myself, it's gonna come across like it does in any other writing. You can't write except from a viewpoint of some sort, or you'd be writing grey mush.

So, full disclosure, I'm center-left by English standards. By the standards of other European countries, I'd probably be considered right-wing. By American standards, I'm so far off the left of the scale I'm off prancing around with the hippies somewhere.

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Saturday, August 30 2014 @ 04:20 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

ALSO (because fuck the "Edit" button) how on Earth is Corporal Punishment's story serious?! The Corporal's story is ridiculous! Mr. Green

Profile Email Website
Harris
 Saturday, August 30 2014 @ 04:29 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

And re: socio-political etc: This here's a game about writing, and as much as I keep my politics pretty much to myself, it's gonna come across like it does in any other writing. You can't write except from a viewpoint of some sort, or you'd be writing grey mush.

Oh absolutely. Only reason I brought up such points is because you've made a few in-game that you've echoed in the forums, really (...and because they are hard things to agree on in real life OR fictional senses) and that they were included in the plots referred to.

So, full disclosure, I'm center-left by English standards. By the standards of other European countries, I'd probably be considered right-wing. By American standards, I'm so far off the left of the scale I'm off prancing around with the hippies somewhere.

By English standards, I am not quite sure of myself. Europe? Oh hell if I know. By many America standards, "fire-breathing" "militant" and "right-wing" might be adjectives applicable for me.

But you make it so hard to hate the left, dammit! We have an image to maintain!!

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Saturday, August 30 2014 @ 04:31 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

INORITE. WE'RE JUST SO CUDDLY.

Profile Email Website
Harris
 Saturday, August 30 2014 @ 04:32 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

ALSO (because fuck the "Edit" button) how on Earth is Corporal Punishment's story serious?! The Corporal's story is ridiculous! Mr. Green

The Corporal? Makes me laugh. "Stern and Punishment"? Some good chuckles, but mostly, I found it to be pretty darn good drama.

Profile Email Website
Harris
 Saturday, August 30 2014 @ 04:35 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

INORITE. WE'RE JUST SO CUDDLY.

In one of my very first posts in the Enquirer, I commented on unintentionally breaking the "swearing ban" in the forums when I'd used some four-letter word or other, and noticed it'd been censored by the software.

Your (almost verbatim, I swear) reply was "Oh, fuck that," and to turn off the censoring.

'nuff said. Wink

[EDIT: I swear I will get back on topic in my next post!]

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.73 seconds
New Topic Post Reply