Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Annual Minecraft Server Thread.
 |  Printable Version
Kolojang
 Thursday, October 15 2015 @ 06:15 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Sillie

How well does Minecraft work on a smartphone?

There's a minecraft app for smartphone. It is, sadly, not the same game, so you wouldn't be able to connect to a server using it. I don't even know if the app version of the game as multiplayer capabilities!

On another note, I've done some more research. Turns out that Bukkit is down due to some infighting between the developers. But that's alright, because I've since decided to go with a Forge option, which also offers server-side only mods that lets admins easily set up permissions and provides an in-game economy. I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet though (mainly the option to have players set up shops so that they can sell their wares even when not connected), but it has some advantages. Mainly, it will let us run the newest version of minecraft, with all the new fancy blocks. Also, if an awesome player decides to come up with a custom mod, it will be much easier to implement!

Profile Email
Akogi
 Friday, October 16 2015 @ 12:27 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Kolojang

Turns out that Bukkit is down due to some infighting between the developers.

If I remember correctly it has to do with the people who wrote Bukkit used some closed source software for a part of it and Bukkit is completely open-source. I could be wrong too, it was a year ago which is like multiple eternities in internet age.

Quote by: Kolojang

But that's alright, because I've since decided to go with a Forge option, which also offers server-side only mods that lets admins easily set up permissions and provides an in-game economy. I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet though (mainly the option to have players set up shops so that they can sell their wares even when not connected), but it has some advantages.

If you can add mods on the fly then you don't need an economy mod to start with since if I've been reading the posts correctly the plan is to start with building NewHome and then expand until they recreate the whole island. You don't need anything complex when starting. Only when there are multiple outposts built would you need a mod to manage a proper expansive economy. Likewise, you could keep trying mods until you get the amount and combination that you like as it would give it that improbable feel switching between mods.

Profile Email
Kolojang
 Friday, October 16 2015 @ 12:32 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Yes, I plan on starting even if I don't find exactly what I'm looking for. There is a mod called ForgeEssentials that will provide me with almost everything I want anyway.

I'm waiting now because of other considerations, but with luck, we'll be able to punch our first tree in a week or two at most.

Profile Email
Kolojang
 Sunday, October 25 2015 @ 02:33 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Just a quick update. I'm still working on this project, and I still want it to happen. It should happen at some point in one form or another. Patience, my fellow minecrafters.

Profile Email
Kolojang
 Friday, October 30 2015 @ 05:48 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Here it is! Improbable World the Minecraft server is finally in its Beta stage! What does this mean? It means you can connect right now at

improbableworld.beastmc.com

What will this awesome server feature, you ask? Well, wonder no more, hypothetical person, because here is the skinny:

- Survival Map, mostly vanilla with added features.
- Economy (still work in progress).
- Ability to fly in survival! If you guys want it. I find it's incredibly useful for building.
- Many-shots teleporters! (various teleport and warp commands)
- Greylisted! What is that, you ask? While whitelisting asks for the player to be registered to connect to the server, new players will instead start with the Rookie rank. They'll be able to chat, look around, activate doors, buttons, pressure plates and the like, but they won't be able to do much else. Once you're on, you can distract me (Kolojang) on the Island and you'll be upgraded to the rank of Contestant. You need to connect at least once on the server to be upgraded. Also, that means you can bring non island friends along to gape in awe at whatever you'll be building, but unless they can distract me themselves, they won't be upgraded to Contestant.

* Don't forget to tell me what is your Minecraft name in the distraction!

There is still a LOT of kinks to work out, and unless it is asked by popular demand that it stays, consider the present map to be only a temporary one. I was thinking of holding a seed contest, so you guys can propose your favorite seeds for the map!

Profile Email
Lester Roquefort
 Saturday, October 31 2015 @ 01:10 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

If anybody can track down the retro Glacier seed, i will be on that one like flies on shit.

Glacier is my home land... back in the day. It had a wicked monster infested cave a few meters away from spawn.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.26 seconds
New Topic Post Reply