Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Houses and Tents, again
 |  Printable Version
Zpatula
 Monday, November 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I'm really hopeful that I might be able to send my army of scrapbots off to trample the tents and tear down the houses of select vivisecting roleplayers.

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
K.K. Victoria
 Monday, November 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Or you could, you know, leave their houses and tents alone and not be labeled as 'A Jerkoff.'

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Monday, November 16 2009 @ 10:01 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Be sure to invite me to your housewarming. I'll bring you a new circular saw and a certificate for a few years of therapy.

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Zolotisty
 Monday, November 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Wink

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Monday, November 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

^ Now this is a box office smash. Laughing Out Loud

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Gorbert
 Tuesday, November 17 2009 @ 02:42 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I know quite a few IRL who would benefit greatly from that video. Do you think sending them tickets is subtle enough?

Wink

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, November 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Ok. First of all

!WARNING WARNING! - DAFT IDEA AHEAD - !WARNING WARNING!

A lot of people like playing in the Common Ground, the reason being that then folks from all over the Island can meet up quite easily, without having to travel all over the place. So. Would it be possible to build in portals to outposts? These would, of course, work like CG or Clan Halls, you only go back out to the same place you came in. Each portal bought only goes to one outpost.
They would also cost noticable amounts of currency; req, cigs and/or DP. We don't want too many of these things, otherwise the actual physical location of the dwellings would start to loose meaning. ('Physical' in the sense of 'bunch-of-pixels-on-a-screen,-and-not-at-all-physical-really', obviously.)
No idea if this is at all plausible. If it is, would it be popular?

OK. END OF DAFT IDEA. SANITY RETURNS.

On a side note. Without knowing the weight ratios of stone and wood needed, it seems likely to me that we're going to get more dwellings round CC 404 than elsewhere, that's where all the stone is. Having to trudge up and down from CC404 to Newhome or New Pittsburg carrying a backpack full of stone would be a real pain in the arse.

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Thursday, November 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Ok. First of all

!WARNING WARNING! - DAFT IDEA AHEAD - !WARNING WARNING!

A lot of people like playing in the Common Ground, the reason being that then folks from all over the Island can meet up quite easily, without having to travel all over the place. So. Would it be possible to build in portals to outposts? These would, of course, work like CG or Clan Halls, you only go back out to the same place you came in. Each portal bought only goes to one outpost.
They would also cost noticable amounts of currency; req, cigs and/or DP. We don't want too many of these things, otherwise the actual physical location of the dwellings would start to loose meaning. ('Physical' in the sense of 'bunch-of-pixels-on-a-screen,-and-not-at-all-physical-really', obviously.)
No idea if this is at all plausible. If it is, would it be popular?

OK. END OF DAFT IDEA. SANITY RETURNS.

Something in that area would definitely be helpful. My idea-as opposed to portals, would be to return the travel agents. Instead of the catapult sending you straight to the outpost you want, your destination would be a random location somewhere near that outpost, and then you'd have to travel the rest of the way yourself.

That, or some sort of pass to use the comms tents for free. I'd pay real-world money for that in a heartbeat.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, December 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Can I suggest that houses can be formally built by clans as well as individuals? In terms of gameplay this would make little or no difference. If S1 is anything to go by, some clans will do this anyway, the house is nominally in the name of one of the clan officers, but everyone chips in to help build it, and everyone gets a key.

The differences are that it will be in the clans name, rather than in one individuals name, and will feel a shade more inclusive. Responsibilities for keys can be moved around between officers, rather than just one person. Also, it would avoid 'legalistic problems' if someone should leave a clan (or even the whole Island) for whatever reason.

Don't know how hard that would be. Not sure how paying req in would work either, if that were called for.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.38 seconds
New Topic Post Reply