Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 House Feedback!
 |  Printable Version
Zpatula
 Saturday, February 20 2010 @ 08:06 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Rosin

As Gorbert says, would make sense for tool distribution to be.. Distributed.

How about a traveling hardware vendor -- a trade wagon that has a regular circuit around the outposts? Spending a few days in each outpost before moving on.

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Azhron
 Saturday, February 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Beeker

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Observation: If everyone rushes to spend stamina on building, no-one is fighting the monsters, and outposts get overrun. Breached outposts cause big problems for builders.

It will be interesting to see how this one settles out.

Onslaught can go hang. I've given up on it.

I don't try to save outposts that are breached, I don't try to keep them from being breached, nothing. Totally gave up. I had to: to be able to continue to enjoy the game, I made the decision that I have to ignore Onslaught completely. Which, by the way, is out of character for Beeker and so wasn't an easy decision for me. But, it was either that or stop playing.

Annoying though reinforcement and defence may be, isn't it still less frustrating than the alternative? Already, CC404 and Acehigh have fallen, and IC is headed that way. I don't like it either, but I'm sure it won't kill anyone to spend one or two days here and there on outposts.(not permanently, anyway)

Profile Email
Beeker
 Saturday, February 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

I could give my experience of Onslaught, but that's a whole other topic, and I don't want to derail this thread. Is it time to open up discussion on this somewhere else?

You are right. My apologies. I should not have risen to the bait. I've already said what I thought about Onslaught elsewhere.

Back on topic, as you say: I know there are more features on the way with the dwellings, so I'm looking forward to those! The existing features I'm quite happy about so far.

Things that are in the works that I'll be happy to see rolled out:

Ability to control access (give out keys to whomever one chooses).
Furniture and other decorations (this sounds exciting!)

Things that people have suggested that I'd be happy to see:

Ability to group together to buy a land stake.
Ability to control which rooms are accessible from which others.

Profile Email
Ada
 Sunday, February 21 2010 @ 02:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Mmm. About the limit-per-square thing: does it not make sense to open up more squares on the Outpost spaces? I'm all for limiting the number of houses elsewhere (even four sounds like a lot to me, honestly), but I think that there should be a much higher limit on the outposts. They're actual towns, after all! Improbable Central has never looked busy enough to me. Why not more houses?

Alllllso. I love the group-to-buy-a-stake idea. I'd also really appreciate the ability to share ownership after the dwelling has been built or staked or whatever.

Profile Email
monsterzero
 Sunday, February 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Jon+Bishop

A thought about dropping wood and stone on the map: sometimes it can be a bit frustrating when you leave wood at your dwelling, only for someone else to steal it away and take it elsewhere...
...I'm not sure if that's somewhat of a greedy suggestion, as the fact that anyone can swipe your supplies away is all part of the risk of deciding to drop them off unguarded.

Yeah, I lost quite a pile this morning. GRRRR. You know who you are.

But it is consistent with the game universe (and the real one, wherein on-site stacks of construction supplies get looted all the time).

Profile Email
Skidge
 Sunday, February 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, easy enough to find out who's been swiping. Merely go and see who's got more than one site that's been completed but has low stats on buil...ding........

**looks at her own stats**

**eyes her own two dwellings**

Eek! Oops! Never-mind. They might just know some top-of-the-line great wonderful awesome people and not be stealing at ALL.

Profile Email
Skidge
 Sunday, February 21 2010 @ 06:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

OH ALSO!

As queen (okay, maybe not queen, maybe duchess or baroness or whatever,) of wordy descriptions that go on and on for a year and a day and a half until the end of time when robot cockroaches rule the world, may I humbly request a status bar to indicate how far one is along with decoration of a given thing? I'm slowly but surely reaching 200+ decoration turn descriptions, and I know I'm not the only one **eyes KK**.

(Ooh! Baroness of Babbling! Duchess of Description! Countess of Chattering! Marquess of My God She Never Shuts Up!)

Yes, that's right, KK, I sneak into your house(s) at night and stare around at the decorations, eyes popping, murmuring, "how does he get the text to be bold like that? I just don't....how...but..." And then the dogs find me, and there's a whole heck of a lot of hilarious yelping and running and swinging on chandeliers and a whole hallway montage of me and them running into and out of various rooms, sometimes coming out of doors that we did not go into. It's great. You'd probably be woken up except YOUR DWELLING IS SO DAMN HUGE.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Sunday, February 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I was wondering where all the jam went and why the kitchen had a bison in it.

It was a very rude awakening. The bison broke a window!

I didn't throw it out of the window. I threw it into the window. The window just happened to break.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
ImNewHere
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 03:06 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I found out the hard way you should not put your house all the way across the island from where the mountains are. I'm going to have fun hauling them 2 at a time all the way to New Home!

Profile Email
Skidge
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 06:01 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: ImNewHere

I found out the hard way you should not put your house all the way across the island from where the mountains are. I'm going to have fun hauling them 2 at a time all the way to New Home!

**kaff** Might one suggest buying a One-Shot, getting crowloads of stone outside of CC404, and zapping yourself on to NewHome? Mr. Green

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 06:57 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Still need to get all your mates to help carry it, else experience shows that it will all start disappearing into other folks dwellings all too soon

Profile Email
Freya
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

One of the reasons dropping building supplies is such a problem isn't even "stealing" per se. It's as simple as neighbors getting confused as to what supplies belong to whom. It's bad enough when it's only 2 home owners building on the same square. Where it gets really messy is when each home owner has a gang of friends actively helping, or worse they have friends/clannies dropping off supplies and others building so no one can keep track of what belongs to whom.

Perhaps supplies could be made droppable inside the plot/dwelling? Something does need to be done because most of us do want to be good neighbors.

Similarly sleeping facilities. I'm very unhappy that the only way to control who sleeps in my house is to totally lock it off. I really want to allow friends and neighbors to use it - perhaps strangers who ask? Or post a message in the room? But finding your house filled with strangers so there's no room for your clanmates is awkward.

In general I think the social interactions related to dwellings need a careful 2nd look and adjustments.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Freya, I think that locks and being able to give out keys is on the way, which will go some way to addressing your second point.
As for the first, I think that that's a good idea, especially after you've got your first lockable room, you should be able to store stone and wood in it. Might mess up the decor somewhat though...

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 07:38 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Skidge

Quote by: ImNewHere

**kaff** Might one suggest buying a One-Shot, getting crowloads of stone outside of CC404, and zapping yourself on to NewHome? Mr. Green

The difficulty stems from not being able to One-Shot into CC404 due to that bug that when you jump into a breached outpost and get attacked then try to run away, you get sent back to wherever you can from. (And in some cases elsewhere. I ended up back at The Compound once.)

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 07:51 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

OK, fixed that bug. I think.

Profile Email Website
K.K. Victoria
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 08:04 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Really? Wonderful

It was a right whore running up to the edge of the mountains from Pleasantville...

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Mack
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 08:19 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

So, Mack recently awoke to find that the room he was sleeping in no longer exists!

I will assume this was a part of the error fixing with getting rid of the extra rooms that were added with the first completed houses, and I can accept that. It's just slightly frustrating to have put time into decorating a room to have it all disappear all of a sudden.

You can toast them, but it's dark magic. - MotPax on hotdog buns.

Profile Email
g_rock
 Monday, February 22 2010 @ 08:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: monsterzero

Quote by: Jon+Bishop

A thought about dropping wood and stone on the map: sometimes it can be a bit frustrating when you leave wood at your dwelling, only for someone else to steal it away and take it elsewhere...
...I'm not sure if that's somewhat of a greedy suggestion, as the fact that anyone can swipe your supplies away is all part of the risk of deciding to drop them off unguarded.

Yeah, I lost quite a pile this morning. GRRRR. You know who you are.

But it is consistent with the game universe (and the real one, wherein on-site stacks of construction supplies get looted all the time).

Might I suggest, as a new standard practice for the island, that when one drops supplies, they might mention it on the map space using 'Look around for other people', that would cut confusion as to who left what for whom, and allow random travellers to CHECK FIRST before picking up random supplies to make sure thay aren't stealing?

also anyone caught intentionally stealing suppliesshoulld be boiled alive in the Skronky Pot

Then be walled up into a specially designed crypt in KK's compound for all eternity

Profile Email
monsterzero
 Tuesday, February 23 2010 @ 02:56 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: g_rock

Might I suggest, as a new standard practice for the island, that when one drops supplies, they might mention it on the map space using 'Look around for other people', that would cut confusion as to who left what for whom, and allow random travellers to CHECK FIRST before picking up random supplies to make sure thay aren't stealing

That's a great idea...but in my case I was the only one who'd staked a claim on that square, so whoever did the stealing not only knew they were stealing, they knew exactly from whom they were stealing.

Have I mentioned that the Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, weighs 175 pounds?

Profile Email
ImNewHere
 Tuesday, February 23 2010 @ 03:52 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Yeah, I got nailed for 19 stone, and I was the ONLY one with a claim at New Home. I did 9 stone, had to use a chronospehre, dropped it, ran to IC for a masonry kit, got back and it was gone. Got 10 more and the same thing! I think I figured out who did it too. Still, it was quite frustrating to waste 2 days in a row because of a thief.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.79 seconds
New Topic Post Reply