Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Shops shops shopping?
 |  Printable Version
Beeps
 Saturday, February 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Zolotisty

I think that was more 'I have heard you, reasonable and concerned citizen, and you deserve a proper reply -- and it is coming, but I gotta talk to my folks first,'

than it was,

'Take this brief appeasement post wherein I subtly remind you that I have a life, as I have misunderstood your message to mean you are a raving, pushy jerk who requires a nominal response to everything that might fall from thine lips.'

Wink

(I think you're super reasonable too, Beeps! And even though I can't figure out what the goddang heck your avatar is, I am pretty much always happy to read what contribute here.)

Oh, I know. It was more that re-reading my post, that's what it felt like I was saying. At least to me.
Also, my avatar is a squirrel. Thing. It's a squirrel-thing.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Saturday, February 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I SEE IT NOW.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Saturday, February 26 2011 @ 09:02 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Beeps

Caution. Excessive cuteness.

Thank you.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Saturday, February 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'd ask where exactly Z keeps getting these lovely images, but I feel I would use them for evil.

For example, my reaction to when I first ran into the Bordello:

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Saturday, February 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Dammit it's like one of those optical illusions, once you've seen it one way you can't go back to seeing it the other way.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Beeps
 Saturday, February 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Now I'm curious what you saw.

Quote by: Ashtu

You're an amateur at train-wrecking, Beeps. *grin.*

I SEE IT NOW.

Cool

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Derp derp
 Saturday, February 26 2011 @ 11:54 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Quote by: Derp+derp

How about there are a number of preset things that can be bought? Food, decorations, maybe some custom items. There should also be regulations for prices, especially for food; we don't want 50% stamina for 10 req. The owner should also only get maybe 50% of the money spent so they can't get infinite of whatever for free.

Food: amount of stamina given and how filling determined by cost set. The owner should be able to set a description and also how fatty it would be.
Decorations: just something that would be displayed in bios, with a little bit of flavor text.
Custom items: either there should be a separate storage area (a shopping bag?) where useless ones go and ones that have effects should go in the backpack.

Not that I'm against customization and everything, but I'm pretty leery of this one. What are the natures of "Decorations"? As it is, the island's got a very clean layout, no useless frills, about as professional-looking as a game can be, and I love it that way. Not to sound like a broken record from the "change one thing" thread, but this is not myspace, and should not be more like myspace. I'm interpreting that to be some sort of embedded graphic, which will quickly become sparkly names and all that dumb shit middle schoolers are obsessed with.

I meant something similar to jewelry or tattoos, just bits of colorful text in a similar space in the bio. Trinkets, amulets, colored junk, whatever amusing thing the shop owners think of.

Profile Email
Iriana
 Sunday, February 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Holy God, so it is. I always thought it was a lopsided bear with a vaguely triangular beard. Or something. D:

I like the user-generated restaurant idea, but then I don't like it--mostly because I'm not sure that anything that moves traffic away from the outposts is the best thing.

If user-generated shops becomes a thing--I think someone mentioned this, but the req doesn't need to go to the owner. Shops can just be a massive req sink, which might be something we need anyways.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Sunday, February 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I SEE IT NOW.

okay

I'll stop.

Profile Email
Edith
 Tuesday, March 01 2011 @ 08:48 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I thought it was a lumpy white thing striding forward (with the body of the squirrel being one leg)(Why it only had one leg, I have no idea)

It makes so much more sense now.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Tuesday, March 01 2011 @ 08:52 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Edith

I thought it was a lumpy white thing striding forward (with the body of the squirrel being one leg)(Why it only had one leg, I have no idea)

I'M NEVER DOING ART AGAIN. 8(

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Matthew
 Tuesday, March 01 2011 @ 09:27 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Edith

Wait, you mean that's not what it is?

ooooooh

Profile Email
Anna Dewhurst
 Tuesday, March 01 2011 @ 12:34 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Largely on board with this, but what happens when people start handing out magical daemonic swords with all the powers of the great red wolf for 10 req?

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Tuesday, March 01 2011 @ 01:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Anna+Dewhurst

Largely on board with this, but what happens when people start handing out magical daemonic swords with all the powers of the great red wolf for 10 req?

That's 10 req more than they get them for now...

I'm assuming any weapons sold'll have price scales based on power, if they have any meaning at all. 10 req for something like that and it's a pure rp item.

Profile Email
LadyRavenSkye
 Tuesday, March 01 2011 @ 06:28 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Being an owner of a dwelling that is nothing but shops... I'd really like all items to remain as RP items. That's what the dwelling is for. It's for Role Play.

You want to RP being in a Coffee Shop, an Improbable Pet Shop... or maybe you want to take some paddle boats out on the lake. Yes, Req is listed in the prices for the descriptions, but I think that would be setting a sort of cannon for the shops of South Shore. It be a bit... weird if you walked into a shop with no prices listed.
But really, the shops are there for RP reasons. It be cute for a short while to actually "buy" things in the shops, but I'm currently happy with things the way they are.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Thursday, March 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

I don't have the time to write a proper reply just now (calling around folks back home), but here's the skinny:

Maniak, Beeps, you're both entirely correct. Well. 90% correct. I'll come back to this later.

I wasn't exactly holding my breath for an answer since this thread drifted offtopic, but I would still like one. I have a few module ideas but I'm not really anxious to start coding if I know it'll never even reach /dev/null.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Beeps
 Thursday, March 10 2011 @ 08:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Seconded. People are asking about the dice module. While I don't mind them using my test server to use it, that wasn't really the purpose of the test server.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.71 seconds
New Topic Post Reply