Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 It's that time again 3: Revenge of the SP
 |  Printable Version
Docenspiel
 Thursday, October 09 2014 @ 10:09 PM UTC (Read 7929 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Joe's calling for more ideas for SP-bought items, so let's start throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks, what doesn't, and what leaves a funny-shaped hole.

Saving character forms was something brought up awhile ago, and with the new Customize Character, I think it'd be a shoe-in for an SP-bought function. Buy a slot and set everything you need for a character form, say in the Notebook, where it can be tweaked later. Then in the customization screen, a check box for that slot next to every item. You can change your character on the fly without having to dig out the saved file and even add something new if you want.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Svedka
 Thursday, October 09 2014 @ 10:31 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Docenspiel

Saving character forms was something brought up awhile ago, and with the new Customize Character, I think it'd be a shoe-in for an SP-bought function. Buy a slot and set everything you need for a character form, say in the Notebook, where it can be tweaked later. Then in the customization screen, a check box for that slot next to every item. You can change your character on the fly without having to dig out the saved file and even add something new if you want.

I like the idea a lot, and I would gladly pay for slots for saving character forms, so I can easily swap. One of the reasons I don't change stuff more often is because of the lack of such a function. Mr. Green

Profile Email
Lain
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 12:21 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Not that there aren't a million Places on the map, but I'd like a tent. One that I can use to open the NewDay screen and gives me the same stamina boost as a bed. Of course they could have varying costs to match the rest you get on a double bed versus a single versus a couch. And it should be a permanent item, re-usable to infinity, and I'd pay a decent chunk for a deluxe, this-was-made-by-Hogwarts-wizards luxury tent.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 12:38 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Lain

Not that there aren't a million Places on the map, but I'd like a tent. One that I can use to open the NewDay screen and gives me the same stamina boost as a bed. Of course they could have varying costs to match the rest you get on a double bed versus a single versus a couch. And it should be a permanent item, re-usable to infinity, and I'd pay a decent chunk for a deluxe, this-was-made-by-Hogwarts-wizards luxury tent.

This has actually been on the list since S2 opened, but it'd be an item bought with cigarettes. We don't want to give too many enhancements that actually affect gameplay, or we'll be just another pay-to-win game.

Profile Email Website
Docenspiel
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 01:10 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

What about using SP to instantly get out of the Down Below? Say, more than two instant New Days.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 01:11 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Already covered with Chronospheres.

Profile Email Website
Genevieve
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 01:19 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Maybe like an Escape Rope! It takes you to the very first entrance and let's you take another person with you, perhaps? Encourage rescue missions in down below?

Just a thought on that one.

The only other things I can think of is either letting us put more than one clickable link in our bios, or the option to put one large image in the bio to supplement the 100x100 pixel image.

Lots of players have commissioned artwork that their profile pic is made from who would probably love to show it off!

(Obviously following the same set of rules as the profile pics have)

But I don't know if that's a thing anyone actually wants or if it's even possible.

I'm just spitballing some ideas.

Profile Email Website
Docenspiel
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 01:35 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Larger character limits for Mementos.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 01:52 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I've been wanting to do programmable Mementos for a while now...

Profile Email Website
Trowa
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 02:00 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

OOoooh, oooh! An ammo clip! One extra magazine of ammunition for your weapon of choice! It would resupply you (or even stack) with a day's worth of ammo on any ammo-using weapon - or even just 50% if that's a big deal. Would make toting around the Sun Gun a lot nicer on Titan hunts.

EDIT: Aaaaand I had my Reply window open too long.

Quote by: CavemanJoe

We don't want to give too many enhancements that actually affect gameplay, or we'll be just another pay-to-win game.

An ammo clip/magazine bought for a couple cigs would be super duper awesome!

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Lain
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 02:03 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Custom tattoos, while we're at it.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 02:10 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Ammo really seems like it should already be a thing in Shiela's that costs Req without having to exploit a bug.

What about mount enhancements? An inventory for it that can only hold so much.
Or a rentable inventory for putting building materials in that automatically delivers them to your Place on New Day.

Profile Email
Genevieve
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 02:30 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

I've been wanting to do programmable Mementos for a while now...

I just felt my wallet twitch.

Profile Email Website
Trowa
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 02:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oooh, like a hip pouch? That'd be neat!

Ammo slots on your bandolier!

Grenade holsters for your head made from a comical beer-buddy hat!

Uhh.... okay, less gameplay ideas, more 'cool features' ideas.

Extra links in the bio page would be good!

Ability to add private chatspace in bio? (Yay, Natters!)

Gift Tags for presents! Kinda like Quills, but gives you the ability to send a message with a gift box that's read when a player opens it, sorta like how lodge boxes have flavor text when you open those!

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 02:54 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Something I thought of a long time ago but never bothered bringing up because it'd likely never have a chance: images for Places. Something like a 100x400 banner for signs, plaques and whathaveyou.

Profile Email
Lea.wolfsfeld
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I think the question is this, "How can we get the players who have been here awhile and have everything they need to spend SP on a regular basis without the items being pay-to-win?"

So far I like these ideas but some of them seem to be a one time payment thing or adds a bit too much power to the buyer. Before I can start cooking up any other ideas I need to know this.

1. At one point does a boost to the player count as too much? (Pay to win)
2. What is a common gripe among the players that could be solved through an item?
3. Can any current item be changed to be more useful, thus bought more often?

Also, I think making it clear how the kitty can affect stamina might also help the new and serious players. The other thing itself is the kitty bonus. With the increased cost of advertising its probably time to start playing dirty. The goal is to keep it filled and best guess its the veteran players that are usually the ones keeping it filled. So I started thinking. People like Tamar have openly admitted they would love a exp multiplier but such a thing was considered too much of a "pay-to-win" item. Why not make it so that when the kitty fills, it starts providing bonuses to req payout and exp to everyone. It encourages the vets to keep contributing and everybody gets a bonus.

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 12:09 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Last time there was a Donation Ideas thread, I made a list of all the ideas people suggested, classifying them into the following types:
- Character customisation
- Island-wide changes
- Gameplay
- Places
- Stories
- Meta
- Merchandise
- Other

Some of these have already been implemented!
Anyway, I hope it might be useful again now.

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Matthew
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 01:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Genevieve

or the option to put one large image in the bio to supplement the 100x100 pixel image.

I'd probably legit pay for that. Would have to constrain image resolution so that the tables in the bio pages couldn't get horrifically broken, though.

Profile Email
LydiaDefountain
 Friday, October 10 2014 @ 10:32 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

A down below pack full of random healing items, bangs, and whomphs. Something tailered to down below delving that you can open down there... that and or just healing kits or boxes... weight is a decent factor when delving especially if you find someone so this could help.

The lodge frying pan. Weightless and it replaces the other one and has just a bit better cooking experiance. (not exp but maybe better cooking... maybe something that would help people want to cook?)

Recipe book! A way to combine meats and herbs in certain quantities to make an actual meal with set stam amounts.

Giftbox bag. Not needed but would give people whom actively carry a lot of the boxes a place out of the way to put them all so they arn't tripping on them in the inventory

A program box for places... a different place item area just for programs that the programs page can access...

Maper! A little gagit made from some studyed collected remains of foebots that helps map out a random % of the map. Useful for those trying to find people.

Profile Email
Lain
 Saturday, October 11 2014 @ 12:12 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

How about a Mystery Lodge Box? 999 or 1499 SP, and could contain any combination of things from the Hunter's Lodge (within certain limits). Could get about the same SP worth of items, or like with cookie packs, sometimes score the better stuff.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.83 seconds
New Topic Post Reply