Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Grievances
 |  Printable Version
Kuroiten
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 08:35 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

A minor grievance, all told, but an important one to me: I can't seem to access my donator points. Could be that I initially entered a different e-mail address in my registration, which would be my own stupid fault. In any case, a little help please?

Judging by the chaos, I've been here already.

Profile Email Website
Fergus
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 08:51 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I think it's because you registered, you should've been able to log directly into your account with your name and password.

Profile Email
Kuroiten
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 09:07 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Huh. I tried logging in with my username and password initially, and it just brought me back to the home screen.

Judging by the chaos, I've been here already.

Profile Email Website
MadMad
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Thanks for changing the healing costs, Dan. It does make quite a difference!

"I see," said the blind man to his deaf daughter while picking up his hammer...

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 10:13 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Epaphus

I agree that the game is hard, but I'm not sure I agree that it's "too hard."

Um... Ep? Not everyone has maxed-out clan buffs yet.

It's good to know that when we do, the game will be less difficult. Mr. Green

Profile Email
Symar
 Saturday, July 11 2009 @ 10:28 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Yep. I'm fine with it being pretty difficult right now (though the healing change was much-welcome, so you can actually gain some money on bad fights, which can happen frequently) because I know there are uber buffs down the road.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Sunday, July 12 2009 @ 07:24 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Quote by: Epaphus

I agree that the game is hard, but I'm not sure I agree that it's "too hard."

Aye, can we ask how much maxing the buffs cost in real cash money? Did you sell your granny?

Profile Email
Symar
 Sunday, July 12 2009 @ 05:57 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Masters seem way too tough.

Maybe it's just me, but it always seems up to chance, and who gets more (if any) critical hits/power moves/whatever.

I'm sitting here at level 14 with Chainsaw, Invisisuit, Hello Kitty mittens, green stamina, and I got whipped.
It's happened on prior Masters, too. Even if I'm over-geared.

I bought a Sieve with bungees, now, but have to wait a day.

So either Masters need to be toned down, or if the random factor is intentional, please let me waste my whole day trying to beat them if I want to. Instead of only trying once a day.

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Sunday, July 12 2009 @ 06:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bernard

Aye, can we ask how much maxing the buffs cost in real cash money? Did you sell your granny?

Uhm, I'm not exactly sure, because I didn't contribute all the cigs or press the button each time--and frankly it never occurred to me to keep track. The main buffs (excluding duration) ran 10 levels, at between 250 and 400 or so cigs each. Duration was less per level but had 20-ish levels, plus a 750-cig upgrade to make it infinite. I'd estimate that, all in all, maxing out all of the clan buffs needed about 24,000 cigs--but that's just my wild-assed estimate.

And no, I didn't have to sell my granny. She's already been selling herself for years--has her own street corner and everything. (Wow, I'm gonna get in trouble for that one.)

Profile Email
Agrajag
 Monday, July 13 2009 @ 06:05 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Funny, that - it would seem that newbies are having an easier time of things. Far less average restorations for a rookie player than one who was around pre-reset.

(although this latest batch of rookies could be skewing the results)

Just curious, but how do the statistics change if you filter out Snickerer's first level in Season One?

For those truly new to the island, Snickerer was a role-player par excellence who found the transition from the Pilot to Season One at least as frustrating as the transition we are currently experiencing. She decided that if she couldn't beat the system, she would game it. She spent 512 game days (as I recall) at level one, made herself a millionaire, emptied everyone's vending machines, gifted everyone the most expensive equipment they could handle. I suspect that all by herself she taught Dan what was flawed in Season One, and made him regret it, considering that every one of the tools she used is now gone or awaiting revision.

Profile Email
Anonymous: ohgarfish
 Wednesday, July 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM UTC  

Don't see anyone mentioning cleaning and cooking, so ...

The most common amount obtained from cleaning is 1-2-1 (crap-half decent-tasty). These are generally people such as Freud, diplomat, joker, etc. From my testing, I found that cooking crap gives .1 stamina, half-decent gives .2, and tasty gives .5. So the most common amount provides 1 stamina of nutrition. There are a few others that get to 1 stamina with a different combination. From what I can tell, about 2/3rds of the rest are less. Lower monster levels are worse than higher. Think level 38 cleaning is the first where it takes less that 1 stamina to clean. Then there is the additional stamina cost of cooking.

Unless you're selling it for req, there is no payoff for most cleaning for quite a while. That's beside the drop in success rate when stamina is less that 60%.

Okay, some I think should be dropped, changed, or added for cleaning.

Drops:
play on words - gives 2-0-0
lab explosion - gives 1-0-0
armored housefly - 1 ?
canadian mosquito - 1 ?
virus - 1 ?
mobius strip - 1?
ooze - 1?

I don't care if there are a few things that give only 1 meat with cleaning but there are way too many. Very irritating to clean and I note and avoid thereafter. Basically, they are traps for the unwary. Still leaves aubergine (sp), lemming, butterfly, pack of gun, sad face, zombie worm, and hamster from those I have found.

The place where quite a few amounts seem low is at level 1. Only see hiker and lunatic among the people have tasty and lunatic only has 2 meats. Beggar, Dick, Nascar fan, bar fly, and master of disguise have fewer than 4 meats and no tasty. Like some variation among people but too many too low here.

Level 3 also seems to have too many on the low side but I don't see anything standing out to change.

Somewhat disappointed that the army of hippos only gives 4 meat but at least it is tasty.

Adds to cleaning:
This Guy (w/o weapon)
Oxford...Cat
Harley...Cat
predatory mushroom field
Mongol Hordette

Would think This Guy would be a 1-2-1 candidate, with Mongols more and the rest less.

Count Sessine
 Wednesday, July 15 2009 @ 07:32 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Bear in mind that every time you clean, every time you cook, you're boosting your experience in that skill. So you get something of permanent value out of it even if all you find is one morsel of Crap Meat.

That said... You can get meat from Ooze, but not from Kindergarteners? Something's wrong. Confused

Profile Email
 Wednesday, July 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM UTC  

So, think of it as training. Hmm, maybe. For some, that's using almost 10 times as much stamina as I would get back if cooking was free. (And the 1-0-0 will never work out, not even at level 100). Guess I think of hunting and fighting as the main show right now and cleaning and cooking as a possible help to that that won't pan out for some time yet.

As for kindergartners, small child doesn't provide meat either so there is consistency there.

Wish to rescind my request for predatory mushroom field as a source of meat. Reading more closely during a fight with them, if there is a clean for them, it should be to produce a grenade.

Zolotisty
 Wednesday, July 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: ohgarfish

I don't care if there are a few things that give only 1 meat with cleaning but there are way too many. Very irritating to clean and I note and avoid thereafter. Basically, they are traps for the unwary.

And you've made note of them, and you won't be returning to them in the future. Wink They'll be traps for the lazy, not the unwary. Smart players will take note of what's worth cleaning and what's not; this is part of the game. I don't think this needs changing.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Bodoni
 Thursday, July 16 2009 @ 02:15 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Zombies don't need to clean carcasses, but have the option to devour them instead. So on your second (or later) drive kill, devour carcasses, and make note of which types yield the various meats.

I paid for quite a few cooking and cleaning lessons, which are astonishingly cheap, and I have always ended up with more stamina after cooking even a couple of pieces of crap meat.

I always clean the carcasses, even if I can't eat anything further that day, just to increase my butchering skills. Also, it's fun to wave goodbye to my meat the next day. Mr. Green

Profile Email
Yrk
 Thursday, July 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

phgarfish, just incase you didnt know, its allways best to save up your meat untill you can get a full pan (20 pieces). Then at the end you're most likely to come out with a positive stamina amount.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Insande
 Thursday, July 16 2009 @ 05:07 PM UTC  

Truthfully I am actually having no trouble gaining money. More often than not my requisition surplus during a gameday is 1000 or more. I have the biggest weapon out there, working on best armour and all that. Yea it is expensive to heal but i find that i can usually fight 2 or three fights before i have to and then it only takes about 50% of the requistion i made. With enough stamina im looking at anywhere from 1000 requisition to 2000 requisition a day. Put it in the bank and hope for a good percentage the next day. Other than that my only problem is finding the monster im supposed to find in the bar quest. Any suggestions there?

Thursday, July 16 2009 @ 07:21 PM UTC  

Bodoni, thanks for the zombie info. I have kept playing human for the grenades. The only time I haven't been struggling through a round is when I completed a quest while still level 1.

Don't seem to have made my point on cleaning and cooking and not sure now that I can.

I checked through the list I have compiled thus far. If we assume that it only costs 1 stamina to clean and .5 to cook, which I think is nearly level 40 for each, I count 149 monsters that won't pay back and 39 that will (26% of total). Then, not all creatures even can be cleaned, so roughly 1 in 6 kills will provide possible stamina gains by cleaning and cooking at that level. That seems unduly low for the amount of effort to get to that level.

To the next thought ---

There also seems to be an imbalance between the monetary value and the stamina value. If you manage to get 40 bits of tasty meat and cook it up, you will net 19% stamina assuming 20 at a time and .5 to cook. However, if you are near Kittania and sell them, you will get 480 req which is almost what the Cool Springs almost twitching costs (500). That yeilds 37.5%. So it is worth almost twice as much stamina to sell than cook. That's very different from eBoy where if you sold and bought you would end up with half as much money.

EvilEllie
 Friday, July 17 2009 @ 02:10 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Insande

Other than that my only problem is finding the monster im supposed to find in the bar quest. Any suggestions there?

Unfortunately for you, and amusingly for Dan the bartender, there is no way to speed this up, you just have to keep fighting at the right outpost and eventually it'll turn up.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, July 17 2009 @ 06:15 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I don't think it's too hard. Hard, yes. But not too hard. Just have to get out of season 1 mode, and realise that you'll get much less done in a day. It'll take longer to get your levels certainly, but then people were getting one day Drive Kills before, it was too easy. Thouroughly enjoying season 2 myself.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.58 seconds
New Topic Post Reply