Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Grievances
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: ohgarfish
 Saturday, July 18 2009 @ 04:23 AM UTC  

Was hoping to avoid the occasional 4 hour game days that I had in season 1 but just almost had one. (and maybe it could have been a lot longer.)

Think the hunt cost just dropped by one (% stamina) and it seems way too low. (See travel cost increased and have no idea where that should be.)

I completed a drive kill and then finished a quest while still at level 1 (okay, I advanced to level 2 before turning it in). With the 25000 I was able to get level 15 weapon and armor. Had a couple of meals so had fairly decent stamina.

As stamina declined, I purchased energy drinks by the six-pack and got it back up. It may have helped some that I have the cleaning cost of most monsters figured out and have advanced cleaning and cooking quite a ways.

With the next game day approaching, I decided to get off so I didn't trigger it. At the point, I was at level 12 with around 50 stamina (since I was planning to stop) and enough req (over 10000) and it was coming in fast enough that I could have bought sufficient energy drinks to get to the drive kill.

While I was doing that, I completed all four parts of a quest and had picked up the first three. I was saving picking up the last one until after the drive kill. Seems like I probably could have played that quite a ways if not to a amother drive kill if not for lack of time. If not for the new game day coming, I could have played this one for hours more.

Whew

Anonymous: ohgarfish
 Saturday, July 18 2009 @ 06:49 PM UTC  

Oops, sorry.

Didn't realize those changes were midget buffs.

All good as is.

CavemanJoe
 Saturday, July 18 2009 @ 09:59 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Midgets are basically tanks. DK machines. Good combat skills, and very low Stamina costs for all types of combat.
However, their innate stupidity means they only get a quarter of normal Stamina experience, and they're useless at the ScrapBots system that'll be going in shortly.
Put simply, they're not good for those who like to think long-term.

Profile Email Website
K.K. Victoria
 Saturday, July 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Midgets are basically tanks. DK machines. Good combat skills, and very low Stamina costs for all types of combat.
However, their innate stupidity means they only get a quarter of normal Stamina experience, and they're useless at the ScrapBots system that'll be going in shortly.
Put simply, they're not good for those who like to think long-term.

That's interesting... I didn't pay attention to that.

-Quite a good alternative option, for those that want to burn through to become a Gobot or a Joker quickly then.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Catman
 Saturday, July 18 2009 @ 11:47 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Is it really terrible that, as a new player, I had no difficulty? Like, was my luck just completely going for me those days? Because seriously guys, I'd have bought a lottery ticket, or gone gambling or something.

I didn't play S1. Looking at some of the stories on the wiki of lies, I kind of regret that - it looked incredible, and I recognise that there are many many many players who are way more experienced than me and therefore better able to pass judgement. In fact, judgement is what's going to help improve the game. It's called constructive criticism because it helps to build something better.

But I didn't have a problem getting off the initial levels. Sure, there were a few days where I swore if I got stuck on that Failboat once more then the laptop was going out the window, but I logged off, did some yoga and calming meditation and then came straight back to kill-kill-kill. Moneywise, I was healthy - sure, it took a lot of work to move up the ladder of equipment, and I sold my grenades more often than not, but I had enough for a couple of cheeseburgers and some to put in the bank for the next day. I defeated the trainers with the weapons and armour I could afford and did the same with the monsters.

I did donate, and I did use that money to score a chainsaw and the invisisuit. I'm materialistic, what can I say? Maybe if I'd been a cheapskate, I'd be trilling a different tune right now. But I did that because I wanted to support the site as well as the fact that I got something out of it, and I could just as happily have bought tons and tons of fags instead.

I'm not saying 'it's not hard' - it is hard, Joe. I just kind of want it noted that it's not impossible, and it hasn't scared this noob away.

Profile Email
Yrk
 Sunday, July 19 2009 @ 10:06 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

So midgets earn less exp to the stamina skills... maybe im blind, but it would be nice to know if the race you're playing sucks at learning.

And i agree with catman, its hard, but definatly no too hard.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Rookie talkydoor
 Sunday, July 19 2009 @ 10:57 AM UTC  

As a rookie, I'd like to say that I'm having fun, and it doesn't seem too hard. The only trouble I'm having is in balancing exp and req for fights - there was a point where I had twice the exp needed (at level 6, I think) and not enough req for more than level 4 equip. Having defeated 4 masters in 1 RL day I'm finally catching up with equipment. Think I was doing something wrong!

Also, I wish so much I'd been in on season 1, cos I'm really enjoying this!

Symar
 Sunday, July 19 2009 @ 04:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The more I play, the better things are getting.

I suppose I was just too used to season one. I'm getting along peachy now.

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Sunday, July 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hmm. I actually don't want to do a comparison between S1 and S2, due to them being very, very different, but well...
Of course it's quite, quite a bit harder to get through than in S1 with high buffs and vending machines and no gifting. (And, of course, the more or less massive stats I accumulated over time...)

But, looking back, at the time wherein I was a newbie in S1. That was about a year back, so memory is kind of... you know. The amount of me-childishly-hissing-at-screen appears to be pretty equal. The moments of oooh-clever-have-to-take-note-of-this, however, have increased.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, July 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I think that what Ohgarfish has been saying about the food is worth considering. I haven't been looking at it that closely myself, I just start messing around a bit until I find a style that seems to work for me, (this is one good reason why I'm unlikely to ever head the Hall of Fame in anything, but I digress.) Looking at his analysis, it does seem a little strange. Probably needs balancing a little. I'm guessing that the amount of meat you get was decided based on what seemed right for the monster in question, which doesn't lead to that much overall balance. It seems to me fine that not everything, or even the majority of things, give you meat, and I count one crap meat as nothing. However, if you need to be level 50 in carcass cleaning before it's worth your time doing anything at all, then one has to wonder, what's the point? Also the point about the req obtained for selling meat in Kittiania as opposed to the stamina obtained for eating it, is interesting. In this case however, I think you should get more, in some sense, for selling as it has the disadvantage that you have to be in Kittiania to do this, whereas you can eat it anywhere; a big advantage for those of us who are spending forever in Pleasentville chasing one of Dan's quests. I think I've contradicted myself in there somewhere.
This isn't a big problem, at worst you just don't bother scavanging meat. I'm also aware that you, (CMJ) have got a lot of things you want to get on with first, but I think that it's worth thinking about. What does everybody else think?

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Monday, July 20 2009 @ 12:06 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I think there are always culinary lessons in Kittania and that players can be smart about what they choose to cook and clean. Wink

I'll come back to give a more fully considered answer in a bit, but that's probably going to be the meat of my response.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Monday, July 20 2009 @ 01:36 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Yrk

So midgets earn less exp to the stamina skills... maybe im blind, but it would be nice to know if the race you're playing sucks at learning.

Isn't that what the Wiki of Lies is for? We have pages for each of the Island populations, so if you think you've found out something about a specific race that other players might want to know, put it on the Wiki pages.

Profile Email
Yrk
 Monday, July 20 2009 @ 11:11 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Epaphus

Quote by: Yrk

Isn't that what the Wiki of Lies is for? We have pages for each of the Island populations, so if you think you've found out something about a specific race that other players might want to know, put it on the Wiki pages.

The wiki compeletly passed my mind.. im checking it now!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.38 seconds
New Topic Post Reply