Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 greif
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Enada
 Monday, July 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM UTC (Read 4799 times)  

The other page was getting too long >.<

Okay, main point: The game is MUCH harder. At first I though "well maybe if a level a bit it will get better?" but no, there just isn't enough stamina to play for very long. Once upon a time I could play for hours, post on every chat, start all sorts of drama and a few wars, recruit minions, yadda yadda yadda fun stuff that made me recommend the game to all my friends and keep coming back for more. Now I use up all my "new day"s in a half hour, and I'm like "Shoot, that didn't take long, what do I do now?" I most think we need LOTS more stamina and more saved days. and what happened to the museum? The kittymorph exhibit was my favorite part, and you took out the spiky penises!

Symar
 Monday, July 20 2009 @ 09:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I miss the spiky penises, too.

But the rest of the game, although different, I think is fairly well. If you eat an expensive meal, you'll get enough more stamina to last longer, and Dan/Joe/whatever is going to up the saved days number.... sometime.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Tuesday, July 21 2009 @ 02:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Remember to eat a good meal a day. The extra stamina gives you enough fights that you more or less make the money back (depending on how you play). More importantly, you get more stamina/time the next day if you're not starving. Invest in food, once you're starting the day on over 100% stamina it's easy to keep it there. (One square meal a day.) Watch the notes when you first log on, and it will tell you how well you're eating.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, July 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Oh, there's still plenty of freaky-penis jokes. Carry on looking around the Museum until you get the Mister Stern subplot, and you'll find out.

Profile Email Website
Epaphus
 Tuesday, July 21 2009 @ 02:51 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Oh, there's still plenty of freaky-penis jokes. Carry on looking around the Museum until you get the Mister Stern subplot, and you'll find out.

Hmm--must remember to add "penis" to the Nasty Words checker. Huh? Did I say that out loud? Oh, penis!

Profile Email
TallicaStew
 Tuesday, July 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Best meals are in Pleasantville, eat the fish and then the steak and it doubles your usable stamina, expensive but when your in the higher level range it's affordable.

Profile Email
Symar
 Tuesday, July 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

The imagery! The horrible, horrible imagery!

I hate you, Joe. In a good way.

Profile Email
Nadyanilo
 Wednesday, July 22 2009 @ 03:59 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

i love II, don't get me wrong, but i seem to find it almost impossible to explore without losing all of your stamina and health. Probably because in most of the towns that are isolated, there are no restaurant to restore stamina.

and losing so much xp when you die, that sucks.

ive been stuck at lvl 12 for so long now, because i made the mistake of going to ACE and not being able to eat. Ive purchased the best A&W in the game, along with extra gloves and boots and such, and i know my limit, but geez

I really hate to admit it, but II is becoming more of a chore to play that actual fun. Frown

"Do you like Shiny things?"

Profile Email Website
Bodoni
 Wednesday, July 22 2009 @ 05:52 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Nadyanilo, use the butchering and cooking skills, and buy and carry ration packs and energy drinks. If you're a zombie, just devour your kills, rather than trying to butcher and cook, and make sure to balance out the fattiness of the meat with the rat packs.

I couldn't travel overland for my first couple of DKs without dying, even with Monster Repellant Spray and sticking to the plains. I've put a few points on defense and at least one on HP, and I've been through the Gauntlet a couple of times. All of this helps me to survive. For my first couple of DKs, though, I mostly used Teleporters, or simply didn't travel much.

I would like to see at least on restaurant in every outpost, though.

Profile Email
Nadyanilo
 Wednesday, July 22 2009 @ 07:31 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Oh man, I need to figure out where to buy a teleportation thingie! Lol, that's why I was traveling all over in the first place! lol.

i did use my cooking and cleaning skills at first, but then felt like they weren't doing me much good, since i only got stamina from them and no health, when health on those endeavors were my main need.

I miss my mount, lol.

"Do you like Shiny things?"

Profile Email Website
K.K. Victoria
 Wednesday, July 22 2009 @ 08:01 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Nadyanilo

Oh man, I need to figure out where to buy a teleportation thingie! Lol, that's why I was traveling all over in the first place! lol.

i did use my cooking and cleaning skills at first, but then felt like they weren't doing me much good, since i only got stamina from them and no health, when health on those endeavors were my main need.

I miss my mount, lol.

Well, CMJ added the Budget horse. Which, if it works the way that it has before, then it'll get much better in a while.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Bodoni
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 05:19 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Nadyanilo, have you noticed anything...different...about eBoy's trading stations? As in, he now stocks items the contestants can actually USE?

Cleaning and cooking your kills won't fully restore your stamina, but they will help. Keep using the skills, and they will level up, meaning that you use less stamina each time you do the skill. Don't cook unless you have at least 20 pieces of meat, and since a lot of the meat will be fatty, eat rat packs too. The rat packs will help fully restore your stamina, making for a longer day.

The hospital tents will restore your health, as they did in Season One.

Profile Email
Pinkpuppy
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

That's funny: my experience is quite different. I may have been lucky in when I set out, but after I took 4 or 5 days of wandering around Kittannia and learning the tricks (always wear Monster Repellent, run immediately, and carry a few zaps and a health pack), travel got quite fun. When I stumbled into Cyber City for the first time in a one day drive from Kittannia it gave one of the biggest sense of accomplishment I've had in this game.

Once I had the technique down (and in the process got my travel/running leveled up some) I managed to map the remaining 3/4 of the island in 4 or 5 game days, and all during my first drive kill.

To tell you the truth, I wish there were some good reasons to do more tramping around, the crates don't seem rich enough to make financial/game play sense to search for. Perhaps having a quest that required it...

Pinkpuppy

Profile Email
Anonymous: Bee Bee
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 10:07 PM UTC  

I think there is a good amount of stuff in the crates, its the frequency of crates that is an issue. I've spent half a day wandering trying to find crates along the beach (I've only found them in beach, plains, and river squares) moved onto every beach square from New Pittsburgh to Cyber City and found nothing. It's neat when it occurs, but I feel its too anoying wandering around trying to find them. Obviously, if you are wandering anyway you can use different paths to go from outpost to outpost just in case.

James Bond
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 10:55 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Odd, i've only found crates in the Jungle...

And way, Nady, for travelling away from Ace, try sticking to the river; monsters seem to not like water.
The other advice is also sound; Eboys now sells EVERYTHING; with enough jungle fights, if you hoard your money, you should be able to buy one soon, if that's the way you want to go.

If you have all of the best stuff, it shouldn't be a problem; I've travelled from NewHome to Acehigh to CyberCity in one day without a problem, with less then the best.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 11:01 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

How plentiful the crates will appear depends on how many people there are hunting for them, which in turn depends on how many people there are on the island. Since we've got lots of new players (a good thing) the crates are becoming rarer than rocking horse shit. Perhaps the number of crates could be proportional to the number of people logging on?

Profile Email
James Bond
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 11:07 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

No, I remember asking Joe/Dan about this before...
He says that 10 new crates are added each day, and un-found ones stay-over.

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Thursday, July 23 2009 @ 11:13 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Keyword being "will appear" -- it's subjective, not objective. Wink If there are many people out in the wilds looking or working on their traveling, then yes, they appear very scarce. There are very few crates left over from Day to Day.

Possibly if people can (ETA: individually) only find x number of crates per day.. dunno.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Enada
 Wednesday, July 29 2009 @ 07:05 PM UTC  

okay, main things that still really really bother me
why can enemies knock away my stamina? that seems to be taking away the vast majority of it each day, and it's not fair. I spend stamina to fight, I shouldn't have to spend more stamina just because something hit me!! Get rid of it! Burn it! burn it all!
Also, I managed to travel all the way from IC to Ace High, then died on top of Ace High. When I got off the fail boat I woke up in IC. WTF? is that some kinda bug? they should return me to where I died, or nearest city, not the place I started from! Evil

Zolotisty
 Wednesday, July 29 2009 @ 09:09 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

When enemies knock Stamina out of you, you gain XP in 'Taking It On the Chin,' which allows you to stand there and be pummeled more often.

You are restored to the last Outpost you entered. If you made it to the square but didn't actually go into the Outpost, that's why you were brought back to IC.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.62 seconds
New Topic Post Reply