|  Printable Version
Sonny
 Wednesday, August 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Type:
Navigation bug (intentional?)

Description:
As long as there are unfinished jobs, the "create a new job" menu isn't available in rooms, but only at the construction page.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Wednesday, August 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Type:
Display bug

Description:
Using the `w tag to show the weapon a player is holding results in "That's not a colour code you can use here!" message in the text preview, and doesn't display anything entered before the tag, but everything after the tag.

This tag works fine otherwise, even in the name of the building on the map. i.e. "Enter Trowa's Tower with your Circuit Judge 44Mag Rifle"

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Wednesday, August 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Empty Plots aren't renamed into One Room Dwellings when they're finished.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Silcatra
 Thursday, August 11 2011 @ 03:58 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Built, made a room off of the main room, then added a page. I now cannot get to the second room through the first, although it registers as existing in the admin options.

Also, it would be nice if you didn't have to go back to the map to get away from the page.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Thursday, August 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Silcatra

Built, made a room off of the main room, then added a page. I now cannot get to the second room through the first, although it registers as existing in the admin options.

Also, it would be nice if you didn't have to go back to the map to get away from the page.

Once the second room is built, you have to build a door between them with more pieces of Wood. I think this is so you can link rooms any way you want. You should be able to find Doors in the Create New Jobs menu.

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Thursday, August 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Type:
New plot to actual house conversion

Description:

1) Empty Plots have a description, on entering:

Empty plot belonging to [name]: Undecorated Room

You are standing in a small, plain, undecorated room.

2) Cannot access building inventory: cannot donate materials or furniture, so all construction has to be from backpack.

3) Non-owners cannot help with construction at all: no list of what's needed, no click-here-to-build. Only nav link is Return to Map.

Link where noticed:

All places still listed as "Empty plot belonging to". Example, that'll only be valid for another few hours, I expect: http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=24&c=49-212346

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, August 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Buddleia

Type:
New plot to actual house conversion

Description:

1) Empty Plots have a description, on entering:

Empty plot belonging to [name]: Undecorated Room

You are standing in a small, plain, undecorated room.

2) Cannot access building inventory: cannot donate materials or furniture, so all construction has to be from backpack.

3) Non-owners cannot help with construction at all: no list of what's needed, no click-here-to-build. Only nav link is Return to Map.

Link where noticed:

All places still listed as "Empty plot belonging to". Example, that'll only be valid for another few hours, I expect: http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=24&c=49-212346

1): This will change to "Untitled Place" rather than "One-Room Dwelling" to encourage people to, y'know, actually title their Places.
2): The link to the Inventory will only show up if you have things to give. Now, about those things to give... Items that were in the game prior to the test server being copied over don't have the flag set to allow them to be donated. Wood and stone that you cut from the Map since the test server went live will be okay.
3): The link to help with build jobs only shows up if there are build jobs to help with, and there aren't any on PlaceID 24. Smile

Profile Email Website
KimmyMonstah
 Thursday, August 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Sessine gave me the go ahead to post this here, I'd asked him about it, thinking it was a bug at first.

At the entrance of my building, I tried making a page.
Page, finished, but not decorated.
The link to explore that page did not work!
Which lead me to go ask Sessine for help, haha. [I'd tried clicking a couple times, thinking it was a badnav or just slow to respond.]
It only did once I actually went back into the room's jobs and rooted around for the Page's Description.

Now it works fine, but it's still confusing, I think.
Just because a newer person might not understand to go looking around for that link.

Maybe a link to the same Page Description screen, but instead, it'll be right under the un-decorated pages? Could be quicker and easier for people!

Sorry if someone already mentioned it here! Oops!

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Thursday, August 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

1): This will change to "Untitled Place" rather than "One-Room Dwelling" to encourage people to, y'know, actually title their Places.
2): The link to the Inventory will only show up if you have things to give. Now, about those things to give... Items that were in the game prior to the test server being copied over don't have the flag set to allow them to be donated. Wood and stone that you cut from the Map since the test server went live will be okay.
3): The link to help with build jobs only shows up if there are build jobs to help with, and there aren't any on PlaceID 24.
Ah, right, thanks. I guess, then, since there's no construction, that place is actually a one-room (or at least one-door) dwelling with no new descriptions, and the renaming either didn't happen or was sneakily renamed back to empty plot!

Anyway...

Type: PHP error

Detail:
CavemanJoe's Crazy Testing Chamber of Doom: Entryway

PHP Warning: "Invalid argument supplied for foreach()"
in /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places/lib/lib.php at 326.
Call Stack:
2: places_handle_machines("1", 1, false) called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places/run/room.php on line 40
3: require_once("/home/improbab/public_htm...") called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places.php on line 35
4: places_run() called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/runmodule.php on line 33
You look around and see some crazy-looking machines.

Where found:
Front room (and page) of CMJ's testing place!
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=1&c=1534-232558

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Trowa
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Don't think this is a bug, just thought it should be mentioned:

Found a crate in the mountains, opened it to a couple grenades, and four Place Testing Items. I suppose that's just because it's an eBoy's item, and there happened to be a loose crate (maybe more?) laying around when the server was copied.

Profile Email
Sneaky
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

It would be a really good idea if we could donate Contrivances and Contraptions to a building's inventory.

I understand that we shouldn't have as many if we're not using the stamina-boosting beta item, but the point is we shouldn't have to carry them around forever.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/560/004/989.gif

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 10:52 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Sneaky

It would be a really good idea if we could donate Contrivances and Contraptions to a building's inventory.

I understand that we shouldn't have as many if we're not using the stamina-boosting beta item, but the point is we shouldn't have to carry them around forever.

This was mentioned in the other Places thread, and yes CMJ said that we would be able to put the C's in inventories eventually. Smile

You can't set the parameters for the new contraptions, I'm not sure if that's a real bug, or just because this part hasn't been written yet.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Don't know if this is a bug or (rather more likely) just my lack of understanding.

Room IDs don't increase sequentially for each dwelling. Is there just one ID list for every room on the Island? I vaguely assumed that there'd be one for each place. My room IDs are 6,7,138,172. Like I say, probably just my numptyness showing itself, just thought I'd mention it in case it was useful.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Type:
Presentation

Description:
Doors have no names of their own; they are currently named only [room that is on the other side]. I imagine the ability to name them is coming, and we'll be able to have a door that is, for instance, 'Stairs up to second floor' on one side, and 'Stairs down to main hallway' on the other. I'm logging this as a bug simply to track it, as the current lack does lead to confusing behaviour.

Right now, if you lock the door to a room, it seems to say that you're locking the room itself. If you then go through the door, the 'unlock' option you're offered is to unlock the room you just came from. Immediate naive reaction is: "Wha-? But that room isn't locked, it's the main entrance!"

This confusion will vanish once the default name for a door is 'door to [room that is on the other side]'.

Where noticed:
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=7&roomid=15&prevroom=14&c=407-114031

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Type:
Keys

Description:
When one is inside a room, the link to lock or unlock the exit does nothing.

Where noticed:
- when the door is not locked:
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=7&roomid=15&lockstatus=1&lockdoor1=15&lockdoor2=14&c=168-130034

- when the door has been locked from the outside
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=7&roomid=15&lockstatus=0&lockdoor1=15&lockdoor2=14&c=176-130421

Profile Email
Reverb
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Gryph

Probably not really related to places in particular, but when I try to move, I'm getting:

You don't have enough Travel Points left to move North. Your Travel Points will be replenished on the next New Day.
You don't have enough Travel Points left to move East. Your Travel Points will be replenished on the next New Day.
You don't have enough Travel Points left to move South. Your Travel Points will be replenished on the next New Day.
You don't have enough Travel Points left to move West. Your Travel Points will be replenished on the next New Day.
You don't have enough Travel Points left to move NorthEast. Your Travel Points will be replenished on the next New Day.
You don't have enough Travel Points left to move NorthWest. Your Travel Points will be replenished on the next New Day.
You don't have enough Travel Points left to move SouthEast. Your Travel Points will be replenished on the next New Day.
You don't have enough Travel Points left to move SouthWest. Your Travel Points will be replenished on the next New Day

This seems wrong in multiple ways - it might be related to me being overburderned, but it still seems wrong.

Edit:
Ah, a bit more testing confirms that it lists the place I can't move to for any direction with a movement cost above a certain amount (modified by my pack, I assume)

I found the same thing. It blocks all directions that cost more than 100% of your basic stamina. So much for making effective use of the Building Items. Razz now i need to make three trips for me stones!

Edit->
If you are REALLY determined, or live close to your mining site, you CAN walk with horrendous backpacks. Drop all your stones, use the 'pick up all' link, DO NOT look at your inventory, move one step, repeat as needed.

Additionally, you CAN store contrivances and contraptions in your dwellin in blank programs. I've got separate storage programs for races, gender, etc, all labelled for easy retrieving.. (Kitty? Zombie? Gender? etc. etc.)

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Sonny
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Type:
PHP
Description:

PHP Warning: "Missing argument 1 for contraption_addpageaccess_fire()"
in /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/items/contraption_addpageaccess.php at 18.
Call Stack:
2: contraption_addpageaccess_fire() called from on line
3: call_user_func("contraption_addpageaccess...") called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places/lib/lib.php on line 336
4: places_handle_machines("31", "63", false) called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places/run/room.php on line 40
5: require_once("/home/improbab/public_htm...") called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places.php on line 35
6: places_run() called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/runmodule.php on line 33

Where noticed:
"The Miners' Barracks" in Sneaky's Mining Site (21/29)
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=31&roomid=63&prevroom=75&c=63-162007

Type:
PHP
Description:
PHP Warning: "Missing argument 1 for contraption_showpage_fire()"
in /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/items/contraption_showpage.php at 18.
Call Stack:
2: contraption_showpage_fire() called from on line
3: call_user_func("contraption_showpage_fire") called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places/lib/lib.php on line 336
4: places_handle_machines("31", "74", false) called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places/run/room.php on line 40
5: require_once("/home/improbab/public_htm...") called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places.php on line 35
6: places_run() called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/runmodule.php on line 33

Where noticed:
"Descend the Stairs" in Sneaky's Mining Site
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=31&roomid=74&prevroom=63&c=66-162808

Profile Email
Sonny
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Type:
Cosmetic

Description:
in the key-cutting menu there is something wrong with the colour code for the Contraption Key.

`Contraption Key: This key allows a player to access the Contraptions and Contrivances menu, where they can tinker with programming for Pages and Rooms.

Profile Email
Sneaky
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

After a drive kill, all held Contraptions and Contrivances are removed from the player's backpack.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/560/004/989.gif

Profile Email
Sonny
 Friday, August 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Type:
Key bug (Contraption Key)

Description:
Contraption key seems to be bugged.
In the key-cutting dialog for a contraption key the key type and number of cigaretts are not mentioned.

You're cutting a . This will cost Cigarettes.

Who is this key intended for?

Same when the player got selected.

After the cutting there is the normal confirmation, but the key doesn't show up and there is no option or menu to fiddle with the contraptions or other new abilities.
Instead two Build Keys are listed for me at Sneaky's Mining Site
And for Sneaky at my place, The best house ever on top of ImpC, he got a blank space where the key probably should be and no new abilities.
Also we don't have less cigarettes after cutting the key.

Where:

Sneaky's Mining Site (21/29)
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=managekeys&sub=cut_chooseplayer&keytype=contraptionkey&placeid=31&roomid=61&c=111-182431

http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=managekeys&sub=confirmplayer&recipient=56878&keytype=contraptionkey&placeid=31&roomid=61

http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=managekeys&sub=view&placeid=31&roomid=61&c=115-182603

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.77 seconds