Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 Places: Bug Reports
 |  Printable Version
Harris
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 07:08 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Right- was vague as hell before (and my post is gone?), but I am working on the Place at 15, 38, and was givien a Master Key. I used it to deliberately lock the Place, and now cannot get in.

EDIT: Bloody hell. NOW I can see my first post here. Is this another bug, or the fact that I'm using Explorer, and at 3:30 AM? ><

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Buddleia
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Minor issue: Since floor space as an unfurnished sleep spot no longer exists, Furniture items will need rewording to not refer to the 5% boost.

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Onigiri
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 06:38 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I can't get the "Lock Door" Contraption to work.

I tried it with a gender clause, then on it's own and neither way locked the door I was attempting to lock.

You see, there are Librarians and then there are Librarians.

Profile Email
Onigiri
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 07:07 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Onigiri

I tried it with a gender clause, then on it's own and neither way locked the door I was attempting to lock.

I'm likely going to roll in with these as I program the Cabana.

I also just tried to use the "Hide Page Link" Contraption and it's not working. It would seem that the programs can't affect the doors yet. I tried the environmental and warp contraptions and they work just fine.

Profile Email
Onigiri
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 08:08 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I'm likely going to roll in with these as I program the Cabana.

I also just tried to use the "Hide Page Link" Contraption and it's not working. It would seem that the programs can't affect the doors yet. I tried the environmental and warp contraptions and they work just fine.

Nothing to see here. Thought I found a bug, found the answer.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Double beds seem glitchy.

First, both people have to be in the bed when a newday is triggered for the double thing to take place, no matter what. Can this be changed so that if person 1 triggers a newday with person 2 in the bed, person 2 will get the effect of having slep with person 1 at their next newday? (Does that make sense, what I'm asking for?)

Also, double beds don't always show that they're occupied, sometimes they look empty and when you get in, you've got someone there with you.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: dizzyizzy
Also, double beds don't always show that they're occupied, sometimes they look empty and when you get in, you've got someone there with you.

I hate it when that happens.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Ashtu
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Kes

This is a rather small thing, but I keep leaving Kestrel and Kagero asleep in customised beds side-by-side, logging on with Kes - once a new day has kicked in - to find the other bed apparently empty, and even being able to log off in it with no trouble. Kagero then logs in to find the following message:
You set up to take your rightful place in this sleeping spot, but someone else has already beaten you to it! Bah!
...and, of course, no stamina boost from it. Not really a problem for me, but I'm curious to see whether other people are getting this too.

Yes. Exact same bug with the Ashtus, multiple times.

Thank you.

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Maniak

Quote by: dizzyizzy
I hate it when that happens.

So stay out of the taverns.

Thank you.

Profile Email
ByteKing
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

OK, I'm the first to say I haven't played a lot with the programming, until now. But here is my Scenario and Observations from what I've done.

Scenario: Room in the Dello accessible only by partners, using a momento as the test.

Try 1:
Program in Atrium:
Used Contrivance "Check if player does NOT have Memento" (works great)
Used Contraption "Warp to Room" (Commons): (Worked Great)

Program in Commons:
Used Contrivance "Check Previous Room": Set to Atrium. (Check Fails)
Used Contraption "Show Page": Shows text explaining why they were transported here. (Does not fire)

Found out the the "Warp to Room" is not setting the RoomID correctly. The Room ID being passed is the previous room you were in (verified by setting the Check Previous Room to that room), before entering the Atrium. This won't work in my situation.

Try 2:
Bought a Memory Slot, put in commons.
Program in Atrium:
Used Contrivance "Check if player does NOT have Memento" (works great)
Used Contraption "Set Memory": Set equal to 1. (will not fire unless Warp to Room is disabled)
Used Contraption "Warp to Room" (Commons): (Worked Great)

Program in Commons:
Used Contrivance "Memory Part Equal". Checks if Memory is set to 1.
Used Contraption "Show Page". Shows text of why warped.
Used Contraption "Set Memory". Set back equal to 0.

The program in the commons always fails, because the memory is never set to 1, even though that Contraption SHOULD fire first, before the Warp to Room.

Anyway, it's a bit frustrating. Using Warp to Room is an awesome item. But it seems to be overwriting the previous row contraptions.

Summary: Warp to Room seems to have two problems. The previous room is not set correctly, though the text SAYS it is.

Running program ID 120, 'Teleported from Atrium' at Room ID 460, 'Common Area'
Contrivance: Memory Part Equal at row 1, column 1 says: Currently set to pass if digit 1 in Track Telporting is exactly 1
Failure at row 1 column 1
Row 1 failed. Aborting program ID 120

Two, the Warp to Room seems to overwrite or fire too fast for any other contraption in a previous row to fire first. The Memory is never set to 1 when Warp to Room is running, so the test in the subsequent program always fails.

I hope this is clear enough... I do programming professionally, so it's not my first rodeo. Smile

Finally THANK YOU! These new options are awesome, despite the headache from the bugs. The Island just became a lot more vibrant and rich for player interaction.

Profile Email
ByteKing
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Oh, and when you use a Contraption: "Show Page" to display Page text, it doesn't use the pages configuration as to whether or not to show the room text as well. In this case NOT to show, it always shows.

Minor, but still a bug. Smile

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I think that the 'Warp to room' contraption stops any futher program being executed. This is for the very good reason of stopping loops where some poor player enters room A, which warps them to room B, which warps them to room A, which warps them to room B ..., an infinite loop which would start causing some messy problems. So when you warp to the commons, the program in the commons doesn't get looked at.

This means that the advice that I gave Akitsu in another thread is wrong. Bollocks. Oops!

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but chat in a double bed between me and Devorah show up no matter what double bed we're in.

Profile Email
Fox Kelfonne
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

I think that the 'Warp to room' contraption stops any futher program being executed. This is for the very good reason of stopping loops where some poor player enters room A, which warps them to room B, which warps them to room A, which warps them to room B ..., an infinite loop which would start causing some messy problems. So when you warp to the commons, the program in the commons doesn't get looked at.

This means that the advice that I gave Akitsu in another thread is wrong. Bollocks. Oops!

Is this really the case?
I have ROOM A and ROOM B.
Set up a program in ROOM A to warp to ROOM B when the trigger phrase is mentioned. (Door between A and B is hidden)

Program in ROOM B shows the hidden door (so the player can leave the secret room). Seems to work fine for me so far.

Profile Email
ByteKing
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

According to the Debug, the room you warp too is launching the program correctly. The issue is the Contraption the row above the Warp to Room is not setting the memory.

Without the Warp to Room contraption, the set memory contraption works fine. It just won't fire, doesn't have time to fire, etc. before the Warp to Room stops the execution. (empirical data from observation)

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I just got a 12% bonus and no flavor text for sleeping with someone, even though Dev was in the bed.

Profile Email
Swede
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I got a bug which only shows when entering my Place
It seems that coming from the world prevents the proper page blocking.

There are 2 pages, one comment for males one for females.
Default is female. For males the female comment is blocked and the male unblocked.

Running program ID 137, 'Nobby' at Room ID 1061, 'Reception'
Contrivance: Male at row 1, column 1 is being checked
Success at row 1 column 1
Row 1 passed OK
Contraption: Hide Page Link at row 2, column 1 says: Currently set to block page 'Examine Receptionist', pageid 176
Success at row 2 column 1
Row 2 passed OK
Contraption: Add Page Access at row 3, column 1 says: Currently set to link to page 'Examine Receptionist', pageid 175
Success at row 3 column 1
Row 3 passed OK

According to the debugger everything works fine, yet when I enter from world I see both pages. (175 and 176).
If I enter that room from another room it works fine. The problem is really only when coming from world.

I've solved this by blocking both pages and adding a second program which unblocks the female comment for females.
Though this should not be necessary.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm not getting a stamina bonus from sleeping on furniture if I don't log out between natural new days.

Find a bed before New Day.
New day comes.
I click "Is it morning yet?"

I do get a message stating I have extra stamina from sleeping in a house, but I don't actually receive it.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Onigiri
 Tuesday, September 13 2011 @ 04:57 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: ByteKing

According to the Debug, the room you warp too is launching the program correctly. The issue is the Contraption the row above the Warp to Room is not setting the memory.

Without the Warp to Room contraption, the set memory contraption works fine. It just won't fire, doesn't have time to fire, etc. before the Warp to Room stops the execution. (empirical data from observation)

Did you try setting the Display Page and Set Memory Contraptions on the same line?

Profile Email
Onigiri
 Tuesday, September 13 2011 @ 05:07 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Also. It would seem that when you enter your building from the map, the first rooms Program(s) don't work properly. The bug report says they fire, but nothing happens. But when you come from another room they work flawlessly.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.74 seconds
New Topic Post Reply