K.K. Victoria
 Saturday, May 16 2009 @ 03:36 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Giuseppe+Lorenzo

Quote by: Gorbert

So I guess this thread's over? No implementation of my pet idea? Woe.

For whom the bell tolls, and it tolls for you.

You do realize that means it's also tolling for you, don't you?

The bells of Death toll for us all.

Except for Steve.
He's a Buddhist, so he'll come back as somethin' else.

Steve, from the back of the room: "Hey."

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Saturday, May 16 2009 @ 03:43 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

So I guess this thread's over? No implementation of my pet idea? Woe.

For whom the bell tolls, and it tolls for you.

You do realize that means it's also tolling for you, don't you?

The bells of Death toll for us all.

Except for Steve.
He's a Buddhist, so he'll come back as somethin' else.

Steve, from the back of the room: "Hey."

When I'm dead, I want to just be thrown in a hole. Embalming is for pussies.

Profile Email
Gwen
 Tuesday, October 27 2009 @ 03:32 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Okay, getting this back on-topic:

Maybe, have an option you can turn on to allow it, but otherwise it's off?
Maybe that'd be too much work for a rare thing that people might not even realize the option exists.

Maybe we could set it to work like the difficulty levels at the beginning of a new “life”? Then each DK, contestants could choose wether or not they want to be able to get pregnant and problem solved for the people who don’t want it.

... Also. There is a kind of spider that lays its eggs in live flesh (or is that just a rumour? Not important.). It results in a growing lump which eventually POPs, and a hundred of baby spiders crawling around on your arm. Or leg. Or left buttock. Slow and steady stamina decrease first, then it opens up, attack drops to where the sun doesn't shine, and defense goes to fly with the clouds. (And suddenly, losing against the Spiderkitty becomes even more frightening...).
A milder version of pregnancy, one might call it.

I think there IS a spider like that. I wouldn’t like that idea much in the game, though. It reminds me of a kind of bug that plants eggs in your leg or something that causes it to swell up to ten times its normal size. Then the little critters will eat their way out and fly off in search of another victim, leaving you with that leg. (I found a picture of that once. I didn’t sleep that night.)
However, the attack-defense thing sounds possible. The babyspider's biological mommy wouldn't want her baby's host prey other mommy to go fighting, since it means getting killed, thus low attack and high defense.

Anyways, I’m all for the baby-thing. It’d be interesting at the very least, and the opportunity to get a mount/pet by raising it is an added bonus. We'd need to figure out a description, a gestation period (_ levels? A DK?), a way to get pregnant, etc. though.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Tuesday, October 27 2009 @ 08:57 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I pity the spiderlings trying to hatch inside a Joker though..

On second thought; "So THATS where the Spidermorphs come from.."

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Gwen
 Wednesday, October 28 2009 @ 08:29 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

You make your way to the jungle slowly. Yes, you're supposed to fight monsters and stuff, but you'd much rather stay inside the city walls. Still, it can't be helped, you think as you wander towards a random part of the jungle, hoping the monsters you run into are easy to beat.

"WAIT! STOP!" someone shouts after you.

You jump three foot into the air in fright, expecting a terrifying monster out to rip your heart out, but then you recognise the person who shouted at you. That's the guy who officially recorded your arrival on the Island, right?

"Don't go there!" the guy manages to shout at you between pants, even though he's right next to you now.

You frown. "Why not?" you ask.

He seems uncomfortable as he mutters, "Well, see, apparently there's a creature there that'll lay its eggs in you. Several people have already been attacked by it..." He glares at you. "SO DON'T GO THERE!"

Satisfied at having warned someone, he scurries off again, waiting for new contestants while you ponder whether or not to go to that part of the jungle.

[YES]

That guy must be nuts anyways, you tell yourself as you walk on to where you were going. I bet there are lots of easy monsters around here...

[NO]

You consider the idea of getting knocked-up by a monster for a moment... then swiftly turn around and find another part of the jungle. No way in hell you're going to end up with a kid.

Profile Email
Max Dougwell
 Wednesday, October 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Another option: Why not make it a possibility with Midget Brothel/Seth/Emily/Watcher?

You wake up after a night with Rose (or whatever the midget whores are called) to find a small...child? It looks up at you and says "Mommy!"

This could work for both genders, and doesn't leave you feeling horribly violated. Yay! Big Grin

Profile Email
Gwen
 Wednesday, October 28 2009 @ 06:39 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Max+Dougwell

Another option: Why not make it a possibility with Midget Brothel/Seth/Emily/Watcher?

You wake up after a night with Rose (or whatever the midget whores are called) to find a small...child? It looks up at you and says "Mommy!"

This could work for both genders, and doesn't leave you feeling horribly violated. Yay! Big Grin

Where's the fun in not feeling violated? Wink Also, if we did that, no one would visit the Brothel anymore and we would lose the advantage of finding wallets/cigarettes/charm when you go for some – ahem – entertainment.
Besides, not counting Seth and Emily, the Midget Whores and Watcher are not gender-neutral. Unless something is very, very wrong, the Watcher is female, and no one says you have to go to a different-gendered Midget Whore. It would be disturbing for me to find a baby after a night with Jessica, considering I don't have the equipment to get her pregnant. (And how does the gestation period work? Four hours?)

After slaughtering several monsters that reminded you of those horrible movies you used to watch, you sit down for a moment to think. So far you fought a zombie (the non-Contestant kind), Frankenstein's monster, five vampires (Edward Cullen fangirls do not count in that category) and a werewolf. All of them seemed... frightened, for some reason.

You shrug, It's not like you care. You've fought worse creatures here on the Island. Whatever it is, it won't get you down.

You notice a sound in the bushes and you eagerly step towards it, wondering what you'll see this time. However, when you recognise it, you freeze in your tracks.

Obviously, like all little kids do, you watched the horror channel past the watershed hours when your parents were away and the babysitter was fast asleep. One particular night, they aired the Alien-movies. The facehuggers starred in your nightmares for weeks, and the mere mention of them reduced you to a blubbering wreck until you realised they weren't real.

The alien standing in front of you is very much real, though, staring at you with pure evil. Well, it's facing your general direction, anyways, since you're not sure if it even
has eyes. You shudder in horror at the mere idea of getting a face full of alien wing-wong.

“NO!” you shriek. “GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU FREAK!”

It scurries your way determinedly and you brace yourself...

...only to have it run past you at lightning speed. For a moment, you stand there, confused. Then, you hear the sound of trees being uprooted from the ground and tossed away.

Something tells you to run like hell to the Pub, drink more alcohol than you've ever seen in your life, and to forget all this ever happened. Sadly, it's too late.

All you see is dozens of tentacles and a monster-grin that reveals shark-like teeth before you get
something – you refuse to think about what it is – shoved down your throat... then nothing.

A while later, you wake up, dazed and disoriented. Not up to sitting around, you gather your equipment and run towards the jungle, attempting to scrub your memory clean of this event.

Opinions?

Profile Email
Anonymous: CTP
 Saturday, October 31 2009 @ 01:26 AM UTC  

Gwen? And everyone else in this thread? Including CMJ?
You're all sick bastards.
I'm going to drink until I can't feel or think.
Then I'm going to do it again.

Srsly love you guys,

CTP

Chimental
 Saturday, October 31 2009 @ 02:38 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

CTP? I would rather have the thing Gwen mentioned attack me than the midgets at Julia's come towards me. *SHUDDER*

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Saturday, October 31 2009 @ 01:35 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The only thing I can possibly add to this topic is that some people should not be allowed to breed, whether it be on the Island or in Real Life. Nor should some clans, for that matter.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, October 31 2009 @ 02:09 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

And, judging from the kind of visual amusement you've been putting us through, you're #1 on that list Pinche.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Gorbert
 Saturday, October 31 2009 @ 08:04 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Mn. If you'd read back, the last time this was brought up it was vetoed because of the highly unpleasant nature of the whole forced pregnancy thing. I know Sessine and Zolotisty wouldn't be the only ones offended by this (I wouldn't like it, either), and I think the idea of a monster impregnating the character died for a good reason. I think it should be left that way.

However...planned pregnancies between married characters (or one-night stands with Seth/Emily/Midgets) is an idea that has some merit. I have no idea what kind of benefits a character could possibly get from that, but it would be interesting to roleplay.

Profile Email
Gwen
 Sunday, November 01 2009 @ 12:30 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Mn. If you'd read back, the last time this was brought up it was vetoed because of the highly unpleasant nature of the whole forced pregnancy thing. I know Sessine and Zolotisty wouldn't be the only ones offended by this (I wouldn't like it, either), and I think the idea of a monster impregnating the character died for a good reason. I think it should be left that way.
Hm. Shame. It'd be an interesting way to get a new mount, and if this was handled like the Rank thing, you could still choose and it wouldn't entirely be "forced".

However...planned pregnancies between married characters (or one-night stands with Seth/Emily/Midgets) is an idea that has some merit. I have no idea what kind of benefits a character could possibly get from that, but it would be interesting to roleplay.
My sick mind offers something along the lines of Budget Horse, a flesh shield. I'm going to abandon that train of thought, though, since no one in their right mind would actually do that.
Maybe the pregnancy was planned, the (wo)man gets pregnant for a set number of turns/in-game days, then Improbability decides that the baby turns out to be [creature here]? No hate because of a random Improbable creature violating you, you get the mount, everyone's happy? (Sorta.)
"Improbability" is also a valid excuse for male pregnancies and couples with two women.

Profile Email
Max Dougwell
 Monday, November 02 2009 @ 04:28 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Gwen

"Improbability" is also a valid excuse for male pregnancies and couples with two women.

It's odd, but people always seem to forget the Improbability. "A Joker did it" allows us to ignore the boring old "how did it happen?" and get to the father-son Pope-hunting expeditions. I think that pregnancy could have huge potential if we stop insisting that it requires you to be female and you to be raped and then wait for weeks with growing penalties until you finally give birth to a horribly deformed monster-human hybrid.

Profile Email
Zekiel
 Monday, November 02 2009 @ 06:59 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

* wants a pukemon... Gotta barf 'm all!

If the world didn't suck, we'd fall off.

Profile Email
Gwen
 Friday, November 06 2009 @ 05:14 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Zekiel, you're officially awesome for saying that. I laughed for five minutes straight.

Hm. Maybe we ought to get someone to look into this again. Sounds like we can get all the initial protests out of the way now. We could handle the unwanted pregnancy thing by coding it like the ranks (i.e. you get to choose) and getting planned pregnancies between married couples would get the tentacle-rape objections to die out.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Friday, November 06 2009 @ 06:27 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Gwen

getting planned pregnancies between married couples would get the tentacle-rape objections to die out.

There are objections to that? *looks incredulous*

Why, did people expect to be taken to a fancy restaurant Joe's Diner, and then gracefully receive a serenade by WHOOMP-light? On an island where people repeatedly get stabbed to death by a Magpie? Rolling Eyes

Profile Email
Gwen
 Friday, November 06 2009 @ 08:05 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Why strike out "a fancy restaurant"? Compared to Mutated Munchies, Joe's Diner IS a fancy restaurant. Wink

Not sure why people dislike the idea of a tentacle-creature pregnancy, really. The Japanese schoolgirls don't particularly seem to mind when the monster gets its tentacles on them. Rolling Eyes *Cough.*

Profile Email
Symar
 Friday, November 06 2009 @ 10:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

As long as it wasn't violent, I wouldn't mind.

Er, wait, why are we even talking about this?

Profile Email
Gwen
 Saturday, November 07 2009 @ 08:50 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Because it's an interesting idea?
Or something.
I haven't thought of a plausible excuse yet. Wink

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.73 seconds
New Topic Post Reply