Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Interface suggestion.
 |  Printable Version
NotAgain
 Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 12:24 AM UTC (Read 990 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I did do a search and... [shrug]

The experience bar starts empty (red), fills from the left with a white bar and turns blue to indicate when it's time to hit the Dojo, right?

Except that many of us wait for our masters to come and find us. Most of the time I can estimate just when this'll happen, so I don't enter town in desperate need of some tucker and unexpectedly end up getting my arse handed to me on a platter. But every now and again... Oops!

It'd be nice if, instead of turning blue when full, it started filling from the left again. Perhaps using the blue colour. And once filled the second time - ie. you know you're master is gonna come a-hunting - it started filling again from the left, perhaps with the original red.

Just a thought, but it would make life a bit easier. (Says me, who's playing the guessing game right now and hoping I'll have some stamina left when da boys finds me.)

Profile Email
Anonymous: Lazy Fergus
 Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 12:54 AM UTC  

While it would be nice, I think it's fine as it is. Look at it as a risk for waiting for them to come to you. They wouldn't wait for you to be ready, they're pissed you haven't come fought them and just want to fight, no matter the time.
This raises an interesting question now that I think about it, would you possibly get the insta-failboating event during your master fight if you are in the red of the stamina bar? I may have to try this sometime when my stam is low.

Reverb
 Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 12:49 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

would you possibly get the insta-failboating event during your master fight if you are in the red of the stamina bar?

Yes you do.. the perfect ending to a Good Day, usually.. free FAIL so you can cage-fight your stamina into the nether regions.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 05:46 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I agree with Lazy Fergus -- it's a penalty for waiting for your Master to come to you. No need to change this.

Incidentally, it is possible to calculate the exact experience needed to get your master to travel to you. I always play with a spreadsheet open...

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
monsterzero
 Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 06:10 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Zpatula

Incidentally, it is possible to calculate the exact experience needed to get your master to travel to you. I always play with a spreadsheet open...

Ah, another spreadsheet junkie. Hail and well met!

So what's the formula for that? I've been working on the req-to-hat size conversion and the closest match I've found so far is:

hat size = ROUND((24.16*LOG10(req)) - 72, 0)

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Tuesday, November 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: monsterzero[p
So what's the formula for that?

The base curve appears to be a third order polynomial and there are some low-level fluctuations and a few apparent program data table glitches around level 20, but the experience limits are stable at higher DKs. The easy way to calculate is:

Experience required for advancement from level(X) on DK(Y) = level(X) advancement experience at DK(Y-1) + 25*X

So, if you needed 5515 experience to advance past Level 5 on DK 20, you'll need 5515 + 25*5 = 5640 to advance past level 5 on DK 21.

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
omenesia
 Wednesday, November 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Reverb

would you possibly get the insta-failboating event during your master fight if you are in the red of the stamina bar?

Yes you do.. the perfect ending to a Good Day, usually.. free FAIL so you can cage-fight your stamina into the nether regions.

The last few fights I've had with my masters have started when I've had 0% stamina. And I know from experience that at low enough stamina you'll just collapse without a hit in a normal fight too.

Lions. Lions the whole way up.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.26 seconds
New Topic Post Reply