Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Equipment Ideas New Topic Post Reply
 Passive equipment
 |  Printable Version
Azraile
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 04:57 PM UTC (Read 3295 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

How about some items that have affects just having them like:

Sleeping bag - Small stamina boost when new day comes around if your not on the fail boat or staying in the inn.

Canteen - Small reduction in stamina loss while traveling, big reduction in the dessert, none in a river =p lol

proximity alarm - In case of PvP (not sure if its in the game or not yet, guess takes some DKs? or isn't implimeted yet?) has two settings, one to give you a chance to move your camp and avoid the fight... or one that gives you a very high chance of a first strike.

Notebook - keeps track of the monster's name and location your hunting for dan, keeps track of where you have been in the AF (just this time so you map it out while your in there but could say some one at the exit steals your map =p ), could maybe even you leave notes for people to find ..... goes away after it runs out of pages or just leaves you with a empty binder you can throw at a monster for a small amount of damage XD lol

Cooler (or more imponderable item like 'atuomitic meat refresher') - keeps your meat fresh for longer than a day.... good meat could become decent meat after a few days, decent could become bad, and bad meat maybe last 2 days at most

metal detector - exstreamly heavy but lets you find money while traveling and more money after fights.... makes fights and travel cost a little more stamina though (time spent searching)

Could be used for a contest too have one of those things that keep track of how far you walk and have a walkathon hehe

(is azraile kiras, haveing forgot there password x.x)

Profile Email
Chimental
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 05:32 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'd pay Donater Points for that notebook, especially if it tells me I already completed the quest. I've spent a few levels in an out of the way outpost because of that mistake :/

Sleeping Bag and Canteen are a cool idea. Nice to have while trekking about.

The metal detector is good too, though I'd wonder it will give some an uneasy advantage unless it's REALLY heavy. (Need at least one backpack upgrade)

And I think there's going to be a Meat Freezer feature in the Dwellings.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Azraile
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 05:38 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

maybe realy heavy and has a small chance of leading you into stray agresive robots
lol

and yes... the quest system needs to let you know when you finish a quest lol

Another:

game knife - provides higher quality meat from bodies

portable stove (know those little things used when camping) - provides more stamina from cooking

Profile Email
Azraile
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 05:43 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

one I would personaly love:

Midget trap - you still lose all your money when you die, and most your equipment is damage, probably lose some charm, but those damn midgets will think twice before pilfering your corpse again!!!!!!!

>.>

Profile Email
Chimental
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 06:10 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Heh. Heh. Midget Repellent (Also known as soap). Keeps Thieving Midgets off you for one DK.

These are all good ideas, though the main problem is that it'll take a long time to program these items and their abilities into the game. : /

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 10:34 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Side note: PvP was something that was in season 1, but that got dropped for various reasons. Yep, I know it gets mentioned when you first join the Island (or soon after, Mr Nipplof I think it is) that's a bit of an ananchronism now. Something similar's going to happen soon, but I think that it's going to be a bit more complicated.

Other than that, like the idea's, especially the notebook. But as Chimental points out, that's probably quite a bit of work, and CMJ's already putting in unfeasibly long hours coming out with cool stuff for us to do and play with, so unlikely to happen any time soon.

Profile Email
Azraile
 Wednesday, December 02 2009 @ 03:08 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Towel - has affects on imporable events, some times prevents a fatal blow leaving you at 1 hp (rare)

Free towels on towel day!

Profile Email
Calib
 Monday, October 04 2010 @ 06:48 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Azraile

Towel - has affects on imporable events, some times prevents a fatal blow leaving you at 1 hp (rare)

Yes, nobody should leave home without their towel.

As to effects on events, I think that towels should increase the chance of improbable events just slightly (like maybe 0.004%?)

I wouldn't make them free, maybe they should cost 1 cig or some other low newbie price.

Also, why not add exercise equipment? These items will lower stamina by a small amount, but will also help your character lose weight. Little things like barbells or a thighmaster would be great.

Items that increase the chances of escape from enemies could be nice. Maybe a...
* pet rock ( 0.5%)
* Shiny button ( 1%)
* not too convincing lion impersonation (2% and they walk away laughing)
* flatulence (5% but minus 2 charm)
* convincing lion impersonation (7%)
* Matador cape (10% expensive!)

Profile Email
Anonymous: Raimar
 Monday, October 04 2010 @ 07:19 PM UTC  

Quote by: Calib

Quote by: Azraile

Yes, nobody should leave home without their towel.

As to effects on events, I think that towels should increase the chance of improbable events just slightly (like maybe 0.004%?)

Perhaps either A) Increased chance of encountering a Towelless hitch-hiker, or B.) If encounter creature from A), there's a chance you might lose it (if you lose, of course)?

Quote by: Calib

Also, why not add exercise equipment? These items will lower stamina by a small amount, but will also help your character lose weight. Little things like barbells or a thighmaster would be great.

Things to buy for the home! Swimming Pool for river/ocean traveling, rock-climbing wall for Mountains, Malfunctioning Ice-Cube Maker for Snow Travelling XP

Paul Lo
 Tuesday, October 05 2010 @ 01:00 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Necromancers!

Please post suggestions in the right forum, be that directly inspired from year-old topics or not.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Anonymous: Raimar
 Tuesday, October 05 2010 @ 04:15 AM UTC  

*hisses at Paul*

Never! The Great Baron Samedi shall rise again!

*procedes to shake a voodoo-doll at Paul*

Paul Lo
 Thursday, October 07 2010 @ 11:18 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm a firm believer of Mister Monday myself.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
tehdave
 Thursday, October 07 2010 @ 11:49 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Paul+Lo

Well, since this seems to be my day, you can call me Mr Wednesday. Though from the looks of it, should be Thursday...

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Shadow
 Thursday, October 07 2010 @ 11:56 PM UTC  

Quote by: tehdave

Quote by: Paul+Lo

Well, since this seems to be my day, you can call me Mr Wednesday. Though from the looks of it, should be Thursday...

PLAGIARIST!

Content generated in: 0.89 seconds
New Topic Post Reply