Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 @#$@#$ this island i'm swimming for it!!!
 |  Printable Version
Azraile
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 05:54 PM UTC (Read 1766 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

hehehe

just an idea, that you can go beyond the edge of the map...

you can explore a little bit so long as you can still see land and maybe find some intresting stuff in the water...

OORRR

You can take your chances and swim for it, once you lose sight of land you only have two options.... swim for it, or try and get back to the island (the later chances going down more and more the farther you get out)

But you have high chances for ocean only improbable events (both good and bad)

Evechaly though if you can't make it back to the island you will ether die of exsaustion, be eaten by some horindusly improable sea beast, or be 'saved' by the fail boat as it circles the island.

It could be an alternative to the AF as far as risking your life for a chance at goodies.

(maybe have a chance of finding some boat to take you back to the island that isn't full of fail)

Profile Email
Azraile
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 05:56 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Maybe It could cause favor loss/gain too

Loss if it looks like you tried to make a brake for it....

Gain if it looks like you went to fight some horrendous sea beast (that's good TV!)

Profile Email
Skidge
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 06:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I like the idea of the Failboat pickup! Actually I like the whole thing, but the Failboat pickup especially tickles me. Possibly because swimming out to the Failboat is something Skidge would do deliberately...in fact, I'm pretty sure I've CLAIMED she's done that from time to time.

Profile Email
monsterzero
 Tuesday, December 01 2009 @ 10:53 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Or someone swimming off the edge can get "swept away by the current" and placed at another, completely random place on the edge of the map.

This would have to cost a lot of stamina (like maybe 20-30%) or else people would just keep bouncing round the edge until they got where they wanted to go.

Profile Email
Azraile
 Wednesday, December 02 2009 @ 03:06 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

That works... if you swim out to far you get swep away some where else, eaten, or picked up by the patrolling fail boat...

and instead of losing a lot of stamina you would lose some, a chuck of your items and money (that will wash ashore or be found at sea), or maybe if your really unlucky a cig or two

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Wednesday, December 02 2009 @ 03:15 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: monsterzero

Or someone swimming off the edge can get "swept away by the current" and placed at another, completely random place on the edge of the map.

This would have to cost a lot of stamina (like maybe 20-30%) or else people would just keep bouncing round the edge until they got where they wanted to go.

That could still be abused; it'd be a cheap way for newbies to go from NewHome to CyberCity 404 without harm (jungle fights ftw)

Maybe it would instead push you somewhere on the same side you entered, and not that far from where you came.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Wednesday, December 02 2009 @ 03:34 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Sort of apropos of more map options, CMJ's confirmed that we're going to have a vastly expanded World Map in S3. Big Grin

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Wednesday, December 02 2009 @ 03:38 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Zolotisty

Sort of apropos of more map options, CMJ's confirmed that we're going to have a vastly expanded World Map in S3. Big Grin

By 'vastly expanded', do you mean a larger Improbable Island, or do you mean that they'll be a chain of islands like the Carribean?

saythelattersaythelattersaythelatter

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, December 02 2009 @ 03:43 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Zolotisty

OOHH!! That sounds fun, are there going to be more outposts? There will STILL be a Squathole, (or something very similar) won't there, otherwise I'll sulk and pull faces.

Profile Email
Azraile
 Wednesday, December 02 2009 @ 03:44 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Paul+Lo

That could still be abused; it'd be a cheap way for newbies to go from NewHome to CyberCity 404 without harm (jungle fights ftw)

Maybe it would instead push you somewhere on the same side you entered, and not that far from where you came.

The idea is you would have several fights getting higher in level as you go out to sea before you get caught up in the current and sweeped away

and your more likely to get grabbed by the fail boat

but finding a boat to take you back should end you up some where near where you left, unless you get the option to bribe them to take you near a city of your choice (less than catapolt but still costly)

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.40 seconds
New Topic Post Reply