Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Everything Else New Topic Post Reply
 The Spirit of the Game and script languages
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Rutheford
 Friday, December 18 2009 @ 05:04 AM UTC (Read 1312 times)  

It came across my mind that a script language could be used to do some basic actions, such as fighting monsters or depositing money in the bank in one quick stroke. I investigated and experimented and found that it will work for those purposes, although it takes a lot of TLC and cannot do much more than 2-3 things at a time very efficiently (AKA fight someone, heal and put the money in the bank). This would be inefficient for things like traveling around the island, getting tattoos, new mounts, running into jokers/stonhenge/old men, clan work, eating, trying out new abilities and characters, weapons, etc.

Really, I just want to know if it is moral for me to do this. I suppose I am calling on Caveman Joe for his awful decree, to which I must and will yield (grovel, grovel).

A side note, is PvP possible in Impossible Island season 2? I haven't run into it yet (5 DK's).

CavemanJoe
 Friday, December 18 2009 @ 06:32 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

AHK, I take it?

Profile Email Website
 Friday, December 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM UTC  

I have no idea what AHK is. I do not know very much about scripting. I have always wanted to learn, and this is just my first flirtation with it. Honestly, I don't even know how to code conditional logic into it yet.

CavemanJoe
 Friday, December 18 2009 @ 05:36 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Well, which language is it, man? Mr. Green You've got me curious, now.

Profile Email Website
 Saturday, December 19 2009 @ 12:05 AM UTC  

I actually used an add on to Firefox called Selenium IDE. It has features that allow you to record what you do (what you click on) and then rearrange it an replay it. I haven't got a handle on how to create conditional modifiers (if statements, loops, etc) yet.

Selenium uses its own interface to do the scripting, but creates the code in the language of your choice. The default is HTML, but it can code in Java, Perl, Python, etc if you want it to.

Content generated in: 0.09 seconds
New Topic Post Reply