Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Everything Else New Topic Post Reply
 Feeling of Inadequacy
 |  Printable Version
Josephine
 Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM UTC (Read 1753 times)  
Forum Newbie

Has anybody else been in an Outpost that's being overrun, and you finally get an opportunity to fix the walls, luck would have it, you manage to do some substantial repairs before getting attacked again. Then, just a few minutes later, you go back to do some more repairs to find all your work in shambles. I for one feel a crushing feeling of inadequacy when this happens. Does this happen to you? How do you deal with this?

I deal by eating muffins and telling myself "It must be a little lag on my end. I'm sure the next time I come back my hard work won't be gone. Yes. I'm sure. It must be true. Yes."

Profile Email
Skidge
 Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh, dear. Josephine, Josephine! I went through the exact same thing perhaps a week ago. Yes, it is a game, but it is our game, isn't it! And to do so much only to have it wiped away...it goes beyond frustrating into the realm of sadness and, for me at least, despondency.

My suggestion to you is this; only do what you can. There is only so much stam you can wipe killing yourself over reinforcement, and I don't know about the rest of us **peers around** but I personally would not judge you for coming away from it for a bit and playing. After all, II is full of playful people, myself among them, and RPing is one of the unique aspects of Island life that makes it worth fighting for. Remind yourself of that! Come play golf or help build a gigantic overengineered barbecue device! I promise you, it will help you feel better!

Profile Email
Josephine
 Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Well, yes. A little RP should help, but I found the solution when I got off and watched a movie while painting my bedroom (read: huffed paint fumes for and hour). Now that I'm back, I'll see how a little time in the Common Grounds does me.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Remember that repairing walls is very much a group activity. It's something that has to be done by a lot of people. If just one person could make a significant difference in just one session, then a lot of people in a weeks worth of sessions would be silly amounts.
No one's contribution is going to look that much by itself, it's all of us working together.

But yeah, I know what you mean.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.17 seconds
New Topic Post Reply