Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Personalising natter space
 |  Printable Version
Daedalus
 Friday, January 29 2010 @ 02:00 PM UTC (Read 1424 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I do recall that there was 'more to come' in terms of natter space, so this could perhaps be a request for an inclusion to that, or an interim step if it's super easy to implement*.

I'd like to see a personlised description for contestants' natter spaces. Something like the extended bio in prefs. This way contestants can describe the appearance etc of their 'inner space' in keeping with their character's personality. Is it a spartan, gym like room, or an Edwardian salon? Mind pictures for ... as random examples, KK's, Skidge's and Ferryn's respective natter spaces is a rich vein, methinks.

D.

*OK ... that bit is just wishful thinking, I admit.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Friday, January 29 2010 @ 02:25 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

That would be actually... Really interesting, I think.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Ferryn
 Friday, January 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Oooh, yesyes. I'd rather like that. I can think of several things to stick on about mine. (heehee I'm an example!)

although you sould just tack it onto the end of an extended bio

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Friday, January 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ferryn

Oooh, yesyes. I'd rather like that. I can think of several things to stick on about mine. (heehee I'm an example!)

although you sould just tack it onto the end of an extended bio

Which I've been doing! There's just all the medals in between the bio and the natterspace... any chance they could be moved to the very bottom of the page?

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 12:16 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

My understanding is that Natter will behave like Twitter in many ways; rather than the literal three dimensional spaces that the some of the roleplaying contestants have been envisioning.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Daedalus
 Saturday, January 30 2010 @ 12:40 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh ... should've thought of that. It was mentioned in the original natter thread. So I should probably try to find out what the twitter interface looks like then? Nahh.

No matter, I guess I'll just wait for houses then.

D.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Hairless
 Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 06:15 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I think of the natter space as a portion of the bio page that is NOT under its owner's complete control, in a good way. It's a semi-public area, in-between a chat space and a distraction, an opportunity for giving unexpected gifts and getting unexpected insights, for "feedback". It tempers our bio description's insistence on "this is who I say I am" with a glimpse of "myself as others see me".

We can respond to our visitors, on our own natter or theirs, in a way that enhances our image, or narrows it. We can show our curiosity, respect, support, or simple companionship toward the players we visit. I am still learning how to use the natter space, myself - by looking at how other use it.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 05:02 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Natter as is, is also useful when you want to do something specific with a specific person. You don't have to hunt around to find them and then get it all mixed up with lots of other people doing their own unrelated things. I rather like it. For example. When Uncle Bernard was Overly Hairy Biker Bernard, and Germ accidently captured and tortured Creaky Joe, the head of the Midget Mafia, I thought it would be natural for Creaky to put a contract out on U.B.'s head. So C.Biggs went looking for him in U.B.'s natter space. It would have been a lot harder to do that without natter. Trying to find the right spot on a chatboard would have been difficult, but it wanted to be a bit more public than a distraction. Natter was perfect.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.33 seconds
New Topic Post Reply