Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 How you're looking and feeling
 |  Printable Version
Genevieve
 Saturday, February 06 2010 @ 06:15 AM UTC (Read 2453 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I have noticed that you get a debuff for being hugely fat and a debuff for dying of malnutrition...

Shouldn't you be skeletally skinny if you are slowly dying of malnutrition? Instead of Trim and Slender?

I am guessing super skinny isn't a debuff because that'd be overkill, but I was just thinking about that.

having to actually work at staying fit may be a wee bit too much like real life and be kinda annoying.

But if even being a little chubby is a debuff, you'd think that being super skinny would be bad too.

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Saturday, February 06 2010 @ 09:00 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Oho, no - you can be morbidly obese and still die of malnutrition. In fact, the two often go hand-in-hand. If you eat nowt but plump rabbit, you'll both get fat and starve to death. That's why there are two different messages - because fat and nutrition are separate values.

Profile Email Website
Bakemaster
 Sunday, February 07 2010 @ 12:13 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Everyone who is starving suffers from malnutrition, but not everybody who suffers from malnutrition is starving. The human body creates fat out of carbohydrates and proteins, and doesn't need a whole lot else to do it; at least, not in the short term.

Unofficial Improbable Island out-of-character chat is at irc.foonetic.net, channel #iisland - come on by!

Profile Email Website
Genevieve
 Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 03:15 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Oho, no - you can be morbidly obese and still die of malnutrition. In fact, the two often go hand-in-hand. If you eat nowt but plump rabbit, you'll both get fat and starve to death. That's why there are two different messages - because fat and nutrition are separate values.

I suppose my real problem lies in the fact that the skinniest you get is "Trim and Slender" not "Your skin is so tight to your skeletal frame it is a miracle you don't fall over at the next heavy wind"

Profile Email Website
Mercury
 Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I suppose my real problem lies in the fact that the skinniest you get is "Trim and Slender" not "Your skin is so tight to your skeletal frame it is a miracle you don't fall over at the next heavy wind"
[/p]

With your miniature-ness shouldn't you be struggling to stay put in a heavy wind anyway?

Profile Email
tehdave
 Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Mercury

With your miniature-ness shouldn't you be struggling to stay put in a heavy wind anyway?[/p][/QUOTE]

Oh no this is Gen you're talking about. The wind should be struggling to keep away from her. Also, Jacques has been known to do inexcusable things to the wind at times, or so I've heard.

Like pissing into it. Wouldn't be surprised.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Genevieve
 Thursday, February 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: tehdave
Quote by: Mercury

With your miniature-ness shouldn't you be struggling to stay put in a heavy wind anyway?

Oh no this is Gen you're talking about. The wind should be struggling to keep away from her. Also, Jacques has been known to do inexcusable things to the wind at times, or so I've heard.

Like pissing into it. Wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, the wind knows better than to mess with Gen. It got on her bad side once and she totally embarrassed it in front of it's significant other with photos of their time together at summer camp.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.29 seconds
New Topic Post Reply