Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Anti-landgrabbing
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: banjo2E
 Thursday, April 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM UTC (Read 1372 times)  

The other day I was walking along the beaches near Newhome and I was disappointed to see that almost every single square had an empty plot belonging to some Combat Magician wossname.

I was a bit put out. I'm all for having large numbers of houses, but only if they actually are houses, i.e. not empty plots or unfinished dwellings. That's why I propose this: Limit the number of empty plots/unfinished dwellings that you can own to one or two. That way you'll still have some land that you like to build on without blighting the land with acres and acres of nothing but acres and acres.

K.K. Victoria
 Thursday, April 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

While this could've been done without mentioning names, I'm inclined to agree.

I'm not quite sure as to the motives, but I suspect that it's because the player hasn't anything else to spend earned cigarettes on, and isn't much of a roleplayer and has no other need for an actual dwelling. I agree with this, as people who want a rather private dwelling, or a place that they are actually going to build upon don't want some half-finished or simply claimed spot right next door that will never have any construction at all.

I suppose that a limit might be too restricting though, what about a sort of thing that monitors activity on the plot? If there is no activity at all, maybe they erase it from the registry and the plot isn't official any longer? Something along those lines?

I strictly mean claimed spots with no activity whatsoever, not houses that haven't had any activity.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Thursday, April 29 2010 @ 09:37 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Agree. It's not quite so much of a problem when it's just some random square somewhere. But, it does really get to me when there's a completely unfinished dwelling, or a dwelling with no description whatsoever, on top of an outpost.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Raimar
 Friday, April 30 2010 @ 03:33 AM UTC  

*coughs politely*

In regard of this topic, on my almost-daily walkabout of the Island, I counted 13 empty plots owned by one player, in just one corner of the Island.

Komppa
 Friday, April 30 2010 @ 04:05 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

"Landgrabbing" I have done at SW corner is actually a longterm building project. People stealing stored lumber has not helped. I have several other houses that were/are being built first.
Land areas that I have claimed are hardly prime estates i.e. no-one was interested during the first dwelling frenzy and those areas are long way from outpost.

On the long run I believe that problems are caused by players that stop playing and leave claimed plots behind.

... and I will add dwelling descriptions someday Oops! At the moment operation "Bloody Big Hat" is taking most of the time Twisted Evil

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.32 seconds
New Topic Post Reply