Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Idea: Dwellings with Passwords/Riddles!
 |  Printable Version
Raiment
 Friday, May 07 2010 @ 07:08 PM UTC (Read 1949 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Since this is a Dwelling-based module idea, I'm not sure if I should sent this to the Labs instead, but I'd like to hear any support and/or feedback on this matter!

I would like to propose the idea of placing "Riddlers" in Dwellings. They would operate and be purchasable out of the current key/lock system, with customizable questions and answers that anyone can take a stab at. Players would be barred from entering a dwelling's extension (or the Dwelling itself) without the proper pass-phrase. The bonus of this is, player-created questions could vary from simple to downright devious, from "Speak friend, and enter." to "What is my favorite color?" (The answer is chartreuse). Furthermore, the riddler security system could be made expensive but easily changeable after the purchase, Dwelling owners could change the password for any given day/party/event without having the need to hand out a lot of keys.

I really like this idea because I want to set up a gauntlet of riddles for my particular Dwelling. I want to have a malevolent computerized entity ask increasingly difficult riddles that the player has to answer, or else suffer a grim demise. Of course, currently there are no dwelling modules to enable scripted monster combat in case of failure, and there are no modules yet that will allow me to place an itemized prize for adventurers at the end of my riddle-chain, but I can still hope, and I feel having customizable "Riddlers" is a step in the right direction to creating cool, personalized Dwellings!

Let me know what you think!

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Saturday, May 08 2010 @ 12:49 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

This is exactly the sort of thing that Improbable Labs is for! Big Grin

Profile Email Website
Raiment
 Saturday, May 08 2010 @ 02:52 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Yes! Okay, this idea's thread will be resumed at the Improbable Labs, over here: http://labs.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=209

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply