Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Bastard Rank
 |  Printable Version
zamboni
 Wednesday, May 12 2010 @ 07:35 AM UTC (Read 1751 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

First, let me get this out of my system:

YOU BASTARD!!

Second, let me say:

YOU BASTARD - WHERE'S MY MEDAL?!?!?!

OK.. so beat the bastard rank - all it took was a double barrelled kitty launcher and a mark 2 force suit; and even with that gear, couldn't fight stuff on bad joker defensive days (if my defense was under 2000, things were iffy). Beating through 660 hp (at level 1) was like cutting through butter for most of the mobs.

Some feedback:

Wow, healing in the hospital is expensive; I'm pretty sure that I bought more medical packs from eboys during this DK than in the previous 115 or so DKs.. combined.

Got 1-shot killed (surprise attack every time) by the Magpie and Tattoo Mutant every time I met them; sucked to be at level 13, 1000 xp from level 14, and lose 14k xp to a surprise attack. I met the Magpie twice at level 1, but probably just the RNG out to get me.

Tried fighting a Titan while doing the Bastard DK - don't recommend it, pretty much insta death (at least before I got the Mark 2 suit).

The bastard rank kill shows up on your bio, but it doesn't help your average rank kill - pretty sure it counted as a "0" in terms of average.

Finally:

YOU BASTARD - WHERE'S MY MEDAL, PARADE AND PENSION PLAN!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!??

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Wednesday, May 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: zamboni

First, let me get this out of my system:

YOU BASTARD!!

Seconded!

OK.. so beat the bastard rank

Congratulations!* I have a shameful admission. I had to give up on my first B rank attempt. Frown (cue a tiny, well played violin). My mistake? I should've listened to the Scouts, and been more prepared. Got ambushed by an Old Man while crate hunting (I was thinking along the right lines, to start) and was forced into the jungle, then stupidly decided my equipment was 'good enough'. Okay, lesson: Good enough is not good enough! Got as far as level 2 before I realised I'd need better equipment and so couldn't afford to heal. Ever. Spent a few weeks (in game time, obviously) battling against my falling exp and only slowly-growing-req-pile before admitting defeat and asking Her that shameful, shameful thing.

But I will try again, and I will prevail, or my name isn't... talkydoor. (Okay, that sentence suffered a bit towards the end)

*Really. I am very impressed. And thoroughly jealous of all of you who are doing better than me. I bear you no ill will. Any duck mess on pillows or feathers in teapots are nothing to do with me.

Profile Email
Ochris
 Wednesday, May 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Tried fighting a Titan while doing the Bastard DK - don't recommend it, pretty much insta death (at least before I got the Mark 2 suit).

The bastard rank kill shows up on your bio, but it doesn't help your average rank kill - pretty sure it counted as a "0" in terms of average.

the trick is to gargleblast then hit it with a zap grenade or monster repellent spray, then you have a significantly lower chance of it one shotting you.

also--i didn't realize it wasn't helping my average! D: i guess its sort of hard to average in "bastard"...

(6x2+7x11+bastardx1)/14= Question

ochris ended up with the mk force gen II and a double barreled cat launcher. i couldn't really tell a difference between the two force generators though--maybe that was just because whatever the barrage of cats didn't kill after one round got a zap grenade.

all in all--EXCELLENT. EXCELLENT RANK.

Profile Email
Bakemaster
 Wednesday, May 12 2010 @ 04:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm working on something else first, but I plan to tackle a Robot Bastard ASAP.

...this may be a bad idea, given that I downgraded my Robot R7 a couple DKs ago, and don't seem to have cat launcher access yet.

OR:

THE GREATEST IDEA!?

Unofficial Improbable Island out-of-character chat is at irc.foonetic.net, channel #iisland - come on by!

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, May 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Come on Bakemaster, don't be so modest. We're looking forward to hearing about your first nude oneday bastard ranker as a mutant. I'll give you till Saturday. Razz

Profile Email
Bakemaster
 Wednesday, May 12 2010 @ 09:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Just for that, I'm going to go download the test server from Labs...

Unofficial Improbable Island out-of-character chat is at irc.foonetic.net, channel #iisland - come on by!

Profile Email Website
Wongo the Sane
 Saturday, May 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Come on Bakemaster, don't be so modest. We're looking forward to hearing about your first nude oneday bastard ranker as a mutant. I'll give you till Saturday. Razz

I did it as a mutant, and was naked right up 'till I went for the drive - unless 'Nudity +1' counts as not naked.
'Course, it didn't take one day. More like forty - mostly sat picking easy fights at level four saving for a Cat Launcher.
Pretty much expected to get one-shotted by anything that survived the surprise damage - I think I had one fight go three rounds.
Wouldn't recommend Servo Arms - I think they got used once, against a rat in the factory. Purely because I could.

Quote by: Zamboni

YOU BASTARD - WHERE'S MY MEDAL, PARADE AND PENSION PLAN!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!??

Seconded.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.62 seconds
New Topic Post Reply