Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Watcher renewal
 |  Printable Version
Cousjava
 Monday, May 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM UTC (Read 1334 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Could there be an option to renew the blessed armour form the Watcher? If there was, I would expect it to cost at least the same amount (500 favor). I dislike having 1000 favor, especially that I'm level 7. I just keep on dying. I don't want to be a robot after my current DK.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Awesome Fred
 Monday, May 17 2010 @ 10:32 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I felt the same way during my first Robot DK.
I'm on my second Robot DK right now, actually, because I want to grind up my Dwelling-oriented skills.

My advice: don't overclock. There's no overheating from a normal clock speed (poorly-manufactured laptops like mine, however, DO overheat from default clock speed >Frown ), so you don't risk those random gigantic HP losses. Just deposit req at lower amounts than you're used to, don't overclock, and gently work your way up to get out of the race.

But I definitely agree about the Watcher Renewal regardless of whether a robot or not.

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Tuesday, May 18 2010 @ 07:14 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I don't overclock. I haven't done, ever since my first death from it. Th emain problem is the abaonded factory. I either meet the retraining personnel or have a fight with the disgrunteled robot and then meet the retraining personnel. I have never been able to either defeat it or run away from it.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Binjali
 Tuesday, May 18 2010 @ 09:59 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I strongly disagree. If the Blessing becomes renewable, there will be people (like me) who play...oh, say, Kittymorphs, who will have a pretty much permanent Blessing. The way I play, I could have a brand new shiny Blessing every...let's say five game days, I could probably get it more often. I'm not really very good at the game part of the game. I play it, I have fun with it, but I'm too impatient. With a semi-permanent max or close to max strength Blessing, I would certainly find rank six a hell of a lot easier.

The Blessing is her doing you a huge favor (thus the name of that particular point system) and if you can't do your job even with her giving you that hand up...well. I suppose you'll just have to deal with her mocking you as you get knocked down a rank.

Profile Email
Xith
 Wednesday, May 19 2010 @ 12:09 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

IMO, the buff should be renewable at double the favor cost every time. IE, buy it for 500, next time you want it, 1000, then 2000, then 4000, etc.

So, you'd have to fail a lot to keep getting it, but this would make those pieces of equipment that increase your favor actually do something once you've bought the blessing.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.21 seconds
New Topic Post Reply