Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 New Idea for Dwelling Ease-of-construction
 |  Printable Version
tehdave
 Friday, June 04 2010 @ 08:53 PM UTC (Read 3966 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

No, I'm not saying we add something to reduce the costs of new rooms, or anything like that. I'm suggesting something to cut down on pageloads for building.
What I'm suggesting is, if we can't have something like a "materials dropoff" in a dwelling that creates a pool of materials* people can use to work on the dwelling then maybe a change could be made to eliminate the "overweight" penalty for doing housework: Masonry, Carpentry, Decorating. That way, instead of only being able to do, say, 5 logs at a time before having to go out to the world map, pick up 5 more (5 more individual pageloads) and head back in to work again, you could just load your pack up with logs, and just add 'til you're too tired. The reasoning here being that you wouldn't keep your pack on while working on a house, you'd keep it...er...nearby? or stack the things up, but close to you...you wouldn't start hammering up a wall with a backpack full of 2X4s, would you? WOULD YOU???

I'm not sure if it would mean changing how that particular action works, and if it's even feasible, so if it's not, ah well. I'd still vote for Materials Dropoffs.*

*Which, in my opinion, would make it easier to deal with "who owns what materials" on a shared square. Hell, even if you could only stockpile as many logs/stones as the current build job deficit (so if you're building an addition, and have 30 logs up, can only store 40, etc.) that'd make it easier to collaborate, I think. And if you limit the size to the current build-job deficit, you retain the danger of leaving extra logs/stone to be able to be stolen.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, June 04 2010 @ 09:21 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

You're getting Sheds. And you'll like it.

Profile Email Website
tehdave
 Friday, June 04 2010 @ 09:27 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

ALRIGHT! WELL THEN...!

erm...when? Mr. Green

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 07:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, yes, that's a given. I do have one question though: Is it somewhere a gentleman can take his, ahem, periodicals and commune with himself with a relative modicum of peace and quiet?

Profile Email
Anonymous: Guessed
 Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 08:20 AM UTC  

Perhaps a freight caboose on the forthcoming trains to move logs and stones?

Mr. Green

(ducks anticipated swipe from Sessine).

LadyRavenSkye
 Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 10:01 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

*wants them right now. Or at least they should show up after her four day absence, yesyes?*

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 01:47 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Dunbernarding HAS sheds. and workshops. and back-rooms, pigeonholes, boathouses, attics (no ghouls(except Phyliss)), and broom-closets..

We just need a place to store our materials, that's all..

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 02:27 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bernard....commune with himself.....[/p]
Is that what they're calling it now? I always preferred "self-abuse."

Thank you.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 05:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ashtu

Quote by: Bernard....commune with himself.....

Is that what they're calling it now? I always preferred "self-abuse."[/p][/QUOTE]

I'd heard that said about you... **WINK WINK**

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 07:50 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bernard

....commune with himself.....

I've heard that said about you... **WINK WINK**

More importantly, so have i, from now on... *wicked grin*

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 09:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Reverb

....commune with himself.....

I've heard that said about you... **WINK WINK**

More importantly, so have i, from now on... *wicked grin*

Reverb, you WANT me to post the rest of those pictures?

Thank you.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, June 05 2010 @ 10:51 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Rest? What rest? You've never even given me the first set back!

It took us áges to find a platypus suit for you, and you didn't even bother to send us a copy.. That's when i knew we were through, Ashtu.. that our little 'affair' was never more than a ruse for you to get your twisted little ideas turned real.

Well, no more Asthu! Me and Her, we'll finish you!

Profile Email
tehdave
 Sunday, June 06 2010 @ 12:11 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

You know...I was going to ask how this thread got as derailed as it did...then I remembered to look at the names involved.

Yep, not wondering so much anymore.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Sunday, June 06 2010 @ 12:28 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

There's just no way i can see that as anything but a compliment Dave, so, thank you!

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Sunday, June 06 2010 @ 12:36 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: tehdave

You know...I was going to ask how this thread got as derailed as it did...then I remembered to look at the names involved.

Yep, not wondering so much anymore.

Yeah, leave it to Reverb and Bernard to sidetrack a thread.
Note to Reverb: Oh, please - not that tired old threat again - it hasn't worked the last half-dozen times, what makes you think it'll work now?

Thank you.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Sunday, June 06 2010 @ 01:44 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Note to Ashtu; i haven't started trying yet.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Sunday, June 06 2010 @ 02:18 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I object. I post a reasonable question about a much-anticipated new feature and I get accused of derailing threads. Hey, has anyone seen the latest issue of Dungeoneer Monthly?

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Sunday, June 06 2010 @ 07:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Sorry, its somewhere below my castle. Somewhere. It'd be easier if I knew which of dungeons to look for it in. Knowing my luck, it'll probably be in the North-North-West one.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Ninja Waffles
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I would like to push for this idea if possible, I'm tired of thieving midgets and hiding my resources in ridiculous places while I hp to central which takes me less than a minute to go and get back. to find that X number of stone/Wood has diapered, seconds after I drop it. I now have to go back to the mnts to get more stone to finish a room because some thieving midget jackass.

Or better yet, make it mandatory that every new contestant know what stone and wood are. I had a newb send me a distraction saying sorry once he figured out what the thing's he picked up were and put them back which was nice.

Before anyone say well there is the rookie advisory. I've been a denizen of the island for a few months I didn't know that thing existed till we had the ad's because of paypal screwing up.

/rant.

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm looking forward to sheds. But presumably they'll be a while yet (all the coding and such) ... meanwhile, I'm seconding Ninja Waffles about making the Rookie Advisory more obvious to, well, rookies. Hairy Mary had a great suggestion - change the FAQ link to the Newbwiki instead, which should be a very easy quick fix, and hopefully solve the issue of Clueless Noobs walking off with supplies (if not Thieving Midget Bastards).

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.75 seconds
New Topic Post Reply