Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 The Thank-you Thread
 |  Printable Version
Darkmoon
 Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 11:42 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Thanks be to CMJ for the awesome game and the writer's therapy it provides.
Thanks be to all of you crazy people helping me build my dwelling.
Thanks to everyone for putting up with me for so long... and thanks for all the fish.

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Friday, June 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Structures!

Thank You, CMJ, for giving me a (another) good excuse for procrastination on my dwellings maintenance!

Thank you.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Saturday, June 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank you, Ebenezer, for the endless giggles you've brought me in general, and, more specifically, this:

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Friday, June 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thanks, CMJ, for the recent translations tables fix and the other recent changes you've been making. You're on a roll with the visible improvements to the game.

And hopefully I don't sound like a commanding and entitled dick on the forums when I type a bit bluntly about certain upcoming features. Wink

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, June 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Buddlia - for putting together some excellent fact sheets in the wiki on how to use mementos and other game aspects. Nice one.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Friday, July 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

500 WCG years!!!

Thank You, Improbable Island WCG Team!

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Trowa
 Wednesday, August 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thanks for the improved character count-down next to the chat input! And especially the bold, red numbers when you get below 10 remaining! Big Grin

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank you Mr Joe for the herculean effort you recently put into the new dwelling system.

Mr. Green

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Makiwa

Thank you Mr Joe for the herculean effort you recently put into the new dwelling system.

Mr. Green

Seconded. Places are cool as all fuck. Big Grin

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Tuesday, September 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank you Mister Hall for your personal fight against Lungbusters, and the reward is... a tripping, more active brain? Sounds like what I am living with, eh.

If you ever need something you can add with almost any food, go nutella. I sincerely hope it isn't as unhealthy as smokes (waiting for objective news from the scientific world), else I am doomed.

Nutella.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Wednesday, September 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

From thread Wiki items on Places:

Quote by: Daedalus

More than happy to do (non-tekko) proofreading and hooking links up, so you and others can focus on the tekko-coding-procedural stuff.

On a different track (but useful for inclusion in the wiki), am I correct in suspecting that contraptions etc held in a backpack do not survive a DK? Pretty sure I lost one.

D.

This is indeed the case.

THANK YOU, Daedalus and Makiwa, for discovering this and announcing it. I had bought one'o dem fancy boxes from the lodge, with all them goodies in it, and was still carrying it 'round in me backpack. Just emptied it into my storage bin.

That would have been very, very annoying.

Thank you.

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Wednesday, September 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Perhaps the description should make it clear that once the box is opened the items land in your backpack. They remain weightless so it's easy to forget they're there. Until you DK and then.... oh dear. Cry

Profile Email Website
Trowa
 Wednesday, September 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Perhaps the description should make it clear that once the box is opened the items land in your backpack. They remain weightless so it's easy to forget they're there. Until you DK and then.... oh dear. Cry

Mine showed up in my Lodge Bag first when I opened the box, with an option to move them to my backpack... Did that not work for you? Or do they still disappear after a DK regardless of which bag they're in? (Also, you can keep them in your Lodge Bag and transfer them to your Place inventory from there.)

Just out of curiosity... do wood and stones disappear from your pack from a DK?

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Wednesday, September 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Trowa

Mine showed up in my Lodge Bag first when I opened the box, with an option to move them to my backpack... Did that not work for you? Or do they still disappear after a DK regardless of which bag they're in? (Also, you can keep them in your Lodge Bag and transfer them to your Place inventory from there.)

Just out of curiosity... do wood and stones disappear from your pack from a DK?

Yes, logs and stones disappear. So do beds, and the heavy versions of teleport beacons. You'd have to be pretty clueless to DK with any of those in your pack. (Clueless... or reckless. Either way -- the game's not that forgiving!) But, as of last night, provisionally,* contrivances and contraptions don't.

ObOnTopic: THANK YOU, CMJ, for putting up with a pushy, argumentative, opinionated mod for all these years. And thank you especially for giving me the chance to help out with details, here and there, around the edges of your magnificent creation.

--
* "Provisionally" in this case means I updated the settings without waiting for a go-ahead, because of Programmer's Boxes. If CMJ asks me to take the changes out again they'll be gone, no argument, and I'll say so in the Enquirer. In the meantime... go ahead and kill that Drive. For now, your C&Cs won't vanish.

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Wednesday, September 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

It's been said before but it's worth saying again.

A big thanks you to all our Mods. You guys as much as CMJ make this Island world the wonderful place it is.

THANK YOU!

Profile Email Website
Buddleia
 Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank you for fixing the Factory-buff-stripping bug! It's been here longer than me and now it is GONE! Hooray!

(Or, at least, I just died in the Factory and when I got back from the Boat by Favour, I still had my clan aura, kittybike claws, plasgun battery etc. Yay bugfixes!)

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank you mysterious stranger who gifted me a Programmers Box.

I WUV YOU FOREVER!!!!!

* does a happy dance and goes to make her PLACE that much cooler *

* does another happy dance *

* Sings I'm a Little Teapot *

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Beeps
 Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Buddleia

Thank you for fixing the Factory-buff-stripping bug! It's been here longer than me and now it is GONE! Hooray!

(Or, at least, I just died in the Factory and when I got back from the Boat by Favour, I still had my clan aura, kittybike claws, plasgun battery etc. Yay bugfixes!)

Mr. Green

Goat Collector

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The other day I was remembering how frustrating navigation could be, and I suddenly realised I haven't accidentally smoked a cigarette in months. Thank you!

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Friday, October 21 2011 @ 01:00 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Thank-you, CMJ, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for the wonderful shiny new Problem Reporting System!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.81 seconds
New Topic Post Reply