Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 The Thank-you Thread
 |  Printable Version
Matthew
 Friday, October 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank you for making the console skin a bit more useable. Some things, though:

Loving the new font, looks very neat and tidy.
Maybe another version of the skin that makes that neon green color for hotkeys a more neutral white or beige?
Weapon/armor are still unreadable.
Compass while traveling is completely invisible.
Whether someone's physical description is readable or not seems random. Some people have white, some people have black.
Font colors still look a little wonky, as in, different from the Default skin ones. Maybe the font colors could be made the same, except brighten them all by the same amount? A lot of people use them to make their character names have a certain look/effect ('fading', etc), and the console font colors kind of ruin it.
Tree graphics? I understand if the light level effect isn't possible.
The HP bars for both yourself and monsters while fighting look very out of place while using the console skin. If possible, could a different graphic be used?

Somewhat unrelated: A Default - Silver skin would be Totally Rad.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, October 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

A BIG thank-you to who ever anonymously gifted me my first memory. Just as I was going to buy my first one. Superb. Useage is being planned as we speak.

Still loving Places. I've been playing more and more and I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Profile Email
Omega
 Thursday, October 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Matthew

Thank you for making the console skin a bit more useable. Some things, though:
Whether someone's physical description is readable or not seems random. Some people have white, some people have black.

That's people who have avatars. When you have an avatar, it's white, when not, it's dark gray and barely readable. Petitioned about it once, but it automagically disappeared after a while.

I would like to thank CMJ for his latest bug fix binge! It's very nice that I don't have to copy paste the link for clan distractions whenever anybody needs it.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Thursday, October 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank You Zolotisty, CMJ, and everyone who bought mugs!

Extra Special Thanks to Z for lugging my mug to the post office, boxing and packing it very carefully to prevent damage, and being a completely awesome person all around!

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Saturday, October 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank you for Glory. It's interesting and fun and it adds a deeper dimension to combat. I both love and hate it, because on one hand, it's another thing I get to try and be the best at. On the other, it's yet another goddamn thing I have to try and be the best at.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Saturday, October 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Cheers CMJ for what you've done with the Hall of Fame. It's a lot nicer to use now.

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Saturday, October 29 2011 @ 09:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Cheers CMJ for what you've done with the Hall of Fame. It's a lot nicer to use now.

Seconded. A vast improvement.

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Kes
 Wednesday, November 02 2011 @ 12:04 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Started paying attention to monster descriptions again the other day, for the first time in... well, probably months. Thank you, CavemanJoe; thank you, all you brilliant monster-writers. You bring an extra layer of life to this game that's all too easy to take for granted.

Edited to add: Hall of Fame! Yes yes yes. So much better now, and I love being able to reach bios and read mouseovers from there. Cheers, Dan.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Sunday, November 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The game is BLAZING FAST for me right now. Oh bejeebus cripes, did it get FAST. Thank you for all your optimization work, CMJ!

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Sunday, November 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

The game is BLAZING FAST for me right now. Oh bejeebus cripes, did it get FAST. Thank you for all your optimization work, CMJ!

I had noticed chat jumping about a lot less. No more accidentally navigating into random people's bios. So yeah, thanks. Smile

Also: Z! Thank you for my T-shirt!

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 09:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Today's thanks goes out to:
Sessine, Buddleia, dizzyizzy, and CMJ for being so informative and so damn hardworking.
CMJ in particular- a belated thanks for the new Watcher and Stranger content, and for removing "takes a breath" from specials, commands, and emotes. HUzzah!!(Stranger...still..creepy...)
Rose, That New Guy I ran into on the Failboat last Night whose Name I forgot, Haccadine, and Mitsuki...uhm...sumpin'orother, for being literate silly bastards.

The End. Cool

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Friday, December 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thanks Harris!

I just want to give another shout out to whomever fixed the hunters lodge title change to work outside of outposts (presumably mister CMJ).

I USE IT ALL THE TIME and it's REALLY GREAT.

That is all.

Thanks thanks thanks!

-Rose

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Mr Geppetto
 Thursday, December 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Thank you, creator of the "The Merry Sous Chef" restaurant, just outside of IC. Thank you for a really good laugh!
I'd really like to know who's the author of this gem. If the author wishes to remain anonymous... well, what can I say except: More!

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Friday, December 23 2011 @ 11:54 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thanks goes out to everybody's favorite dictator for pressing the "make everone smile" button and to Z for the shirt I just got today. Especially for putting my character's name on the package. I smiled for five minutes straight. Seriously, I'd hug you right now if I could.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Twosocks Monkey
 Saturday, December 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Docenspiel

Thanks goes out to everybody's favorite dictator for pressing the "make everone smile" button

OMG YES!

SMILES OBLIGINGLY.

( does the happiest dance and wishes she could send magical swirling confetti to surround CMJ with love and sparkles )

HAPPY HAPPY TIMES!

-Rose

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
LardDude32
 Saturday, December 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Docenspiel

Thanks goes out to everybody's favorite dictator for pressing the "make everone smile" button

Heck yeah! I was so happy when I was reading that! ^^
Although... I was hoping it would me a mission or something from the Sternster or Corporal Punishment. I kinda got into their li'l story, and yeah... P:

Profile Email
Anonymous: Rohvannyc
 Saturday, December 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM UTC  

Thank you CMJ! I appreciate the gift and it sure made my wife and I both smile. I was going to spend five dollars on the game for my christmas present to myself, and you know what? I still will. It's not much but I want to give something back to this game that's given us so much joy.

Keep on keepin' on! May your New Year be happy and bright! And to all of my other fellow Islanders, the same!

Mr Geppetto
 Tuesday, January 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Thank you, anonymous benefactor, for helping out (big time) with the reconstruction and expansion of Persepolis.
Kind islander that finished the load of open jobs, thanks to you the place will be once again open for visitation so much sooner that I had hoped!

Yay!

Profile Email
Mogar
 Thursday, January 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Thank you for the Merry Sous Chef. I had the clam Chowder, and I think my flatmate hates me from how hard I started laughing; it was well written. also, it's a bit late in coming, but thanks CMJ for the (now semi-old) new medic descriptions! I love them equally, especially when I decide to go for cheaper healing Big Grin

Profile Email
Harris
 Sunday, February 05 2012 @ 05:17 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Rohit and Stern is AWESOME.
(and I was just a wee bit paranoid of being jumped while on our way. Heh.)
Looking forward to part two!
(...not to mention FINDING the sodding thing...)

Thanks, CMJ! And possibly Emily!

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.79 seconds
New Topic Post Reply