The Thank-you Thread
 |  Printable Version
Ashtu
 Tuesday, July 13 2010 @ 12:04 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Subject: Re: I'd like to report a bug!

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Okay guys, thread drift alert! This is the bug thread. The bug has been reported.

Party discussions are over that-a-way. Arrow

Mr. Green

Thank You, Sessine, for teaching us the error(s) of our ways, and leading us back to the straight and narrow path to righteousness.

....or is that lefteousness?

well, for kicking us awake, anyway. *grin*

Thank you.

Profile Email
Sydney Fletcher
 Tuesday, July 13 2010 @ 05:17 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Thank you Sessine for

TRAINS!

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Friday, August 13 2010 @ 12:40 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank You, CavemanJoe, for giving us the Island, the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars, all wrapped in hammered gold leaf and tied with ribbon woven from a unicorn's tail........

...........but I wanted it with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and a cherry on top!!!

still, thank you anyway.

Thank you.

Profile Email
brandi
 Sunday, September 12 2010 @ 05:22 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I joined up in July, but have recently begun paying attention to the MoD's and reading around in the Forums. I didn't realize how much work was going into making my pastime something that I actually want to pastime with. Since I've been here the most notable things that I love.
GREM (oh, how much can I thank you!)
Banter chat (thank you)
Trains (yay! thank you)

So thank you! Every one who puts time and effort into making this so very very awesome.

Profile Email
Harris
 Sunday, September 12 2010 @ 08:26 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thank you, CMJ, Epaphus, Zolotisty, and Sessine for being so freakin' creative and witty.
Thank you, CMJ, Epaphus, Zolotisty, Sessine AND Emily for being so damn patient and generous with us!
Thank you, Sessine, for being the single most polite person I've yet encountered on the whole Island.
Thank you, Omega, Amerithe, and Neeip for showing me the ropes.
Thank you, Zpatula, for convincing me to try out a clan.
Thank you, Adder, for taking me into yours.
Thank you, Zolotisty, Adder, Snow Gray, Rihta, Ebenezer, Binjali, Marly, Zpatula, Pod, and Mercury for cheering me on when I sorely needed it.
Thank you, Zolotisty, Adder, Snow Gray, Rihta, Ebenezer, Binjali, Marly, Zpatula, Pod, Notagain, Cadye, and Mercury for cheering me UP when I sorely needed it.
Thank you, AiB (Sept. 2009-present), DICE (Sept. 2009-present), the Skronkys, Jacques Chirac, Ferryn, and Skidge for always making me smile.
Thank you, Anandreas, Zel, Sparkles McFee, Spandex, Tyr, Silcatra, Temper, whoever gave me Harris' hat, Xane, talkydoor, whoever taught me to use the chat color commands (and simultaneously nagged me into beefing up my Bio), Mogar, MadLazarus, and Miss Charly for your time.
Thank you Ebenezer, Zolotisty, sugarhiunicorn, Aaralyn, Marly, Skidge, Lady Akitsu, and Nadyanilo for sharing some fantastic art.
Thank you, everyone who I forgot to list above.
And lastly, thank you, person who played Winnie-the-Pooh on the Island last year. Holy crap, that was fantastic.

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Sunday, September 12 2010 @ 02:56 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Thank-you, CMJ...

for so many things about the Island I can't even begin to list them, but especially, right this minute... thank-you for kindly averting your eyes and allowing robots to use ratpacks and medkits now, even though we aren't supposed to!

(Shhhh! We will all carefully pretend it is not happening! But I had to say something. It makes such a difference.)

Profile Email
Temper
 Sunday, September 12 2010 @ 05:28 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Where to start.. Where to start. Probably with the most obvious.
CMJ. Sir, you are terrifically, wonderfully, amazingly, superbly, etc etc, amazing. Like, really. You've basically eliminated boredom from life with this. There's always something to do. And I can't thank you enough.

Our Mods. You, for your invaluable aid to CMJ and the Island, and all of us, deserve my thanks. The Island would be a poor mess without you. And I would still be stuck in limbo. Thanks for that, too. My petition was answered very quickly, especially since it came at what I'm betting was a busy time. You saved me.

My clan. I feel my clanmates may be a trio of sheer awesomeness. There is no room for debate on this. You guys are incredible.

Everyone who will Roleplay with me. You make this a fun place for me to be. Thanks for putting up with me, messing around with me, and hooking me in so I keep coming back.

There's so much more, but i don't want to bore you unnecessarily.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Sunday, September 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Thank-you, CMJ...

for so many things about the Island I can't even begin to list them, but especially, right this minute... thank-you for kindly averting your eyes and allowing robots to use ratpacks and medkits now, even though we aren't supposed to!

(Shhhh! We will all carefully pretend it is not happening! But I had to say something. It makes such a difference.)

This is absolutely unintentional and I have no idea why it's happening. But, eh. New Item system coming along, don't have time to fix the crankies in the old one.

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Monday, September 13 2010 @ 01:10 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Thank-you, CMJ...

This is absolutely unintentional and I have no idea why it's happening. But, eh. New Item system coming along, don't have time to fix the crankies in the old one.

Oh.

Oops.

All right then, I'll stop using them.

Thank-you for doing all that hard slogging to give us a new, more bullet-proof Item system! Smile

Profile Email
SundanceCassidy
 Thursday, September 16 2010 @ 08:47 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I'm gonna feel like Allanis Moressette in a second Smile, or like I'm at the Oscars. I think I like the Oscars idea better, no-one even remembers that Allanis song anyway...

*achem* Thanks Mercury and Conchor for being the first people on Improbable Island to talk to me. You are both lovely folk, it was nice for you to be so kind to a dumb rookie.

Thanks Omega, for providing me with hours of RP Smile.

Thank you CMJ for having a great sense of humor and providing me with a game that I love and enjoy for relatively little.

Thank you Emily, for taking over as writer, I hope it is fun, and not stressfull for you. Smile

Thank you Zoloisty for being nice to me when I was being an idiot.

Thank you Skidge for being sweet and funny. Smile

Thanks Bourne, for being my buddy through bad and good on the Island, and for being my on Island husband Smile

Thanks GERMS, for being such great folk to watch, you guys are a great team, and I always love reading your threads.

Thanks Dave for having a hat that talks, and for being sweet and silly in the right amounts.

Thanks you Marly, for not killing me Wink

Thank you Eben, for not firing Cassidy, and for being so cute when you're flustered Wink

Thank you Torchwood, for putting up with me, and for listening.

And thank you TYPES for persevering.

“Never learn anything from history." -Kate Beaton

Profile Email
Mr Geppetto
 Thursday, September 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: SundanceCassidy[p
*achem* Thanks Mercury and Conchor for being the first people on Improbable Island to talk to me. You are both lovely folk, it was nice for you to be so kind to a dumb rookie.[/p]

You were never a dumb rookie, Davies. You were born learned, so to speak. Thanks for the writing you do, supposedly on your spare time*, made me laugh, many times over. Oh, and by the way, thanks for killing Kenny with me. Never got around to thank you for that, did I?

* If anyone knows a way to make playing II a money producing enterprise ("playing" is keyword) lemme know. I'd rather not do some other stuff that needs doing and might be (or not) be paid?

Profile Email
Kes
 Friday, September 17 2010 @ 01:02 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Thank you to this wonderful community in general. Far too many to mention by name. You know who you are - those who set me right when my roleplaying standards began to slip, put up with these frequent mistakes, forgave and welcomed nonetheless. Better, those who look back on those times through rose-tinted glasses, and lie through their teeth to make me feel better. Thank you.

And to the Quackers, you shaped my roleplay and Kes' personality more than was ever made clear, and I regret not having stayed for longer. You were wonderful. I miss the chocolate cake and those worrying little scenes written with the beanbags. Did you ever find those bodies, or did the sentient footstools snaffle them? Thank you also to GERM, for taking in that undecided and mentally unstable character who dripped poolwater across the hall one of the first times she visited. And left locks of hair in the hedges. And took advantage of the Irish coffee you were foolish enough to offer...

Thanks also to the mods - Z for reassuring, repeatedly. Sessine, for some truly beautiful scenes, and just generally being a decent chap. Epaphus for QQQ, and for those lines in CyberCity where you made a joke about Pi.

Caveman. You are mad, sir, and none of us can ever thank you enough for that.

And while I'm at it...

...If anyone knows a way to make playing II a money producing enterprise ("playing" is keyword) lemme know. I'd rather not do some other stuff that needs doing and might be (or not) be paid?

...thanks, in advance, for whoever makes that a reality. One day I shall be rich.

One last, then I'm shutting up, and forever holding my peace - or at least, y'know, for a day or two. Owners of places like the Smoking Windmill, Thistlewhite Manor, the Abandoned Waystation, Moonshine Mansions, the Timepiece and several others I'll remember when trying to sleep tonight. There's nothing like those gorgeous and imaginative descriptions to give inspiration for roleplay or something to do on a rainy afternoon. With a torch, ball of string, and jewelled sword. Thank you.

EDIT: How can I forget Emily?! And whoever wrote that little bit about the Joker on the Failboat and the Something Improbable. That still makes me grin every time I read it.

Profile Email
Kes
 Tuesday, September 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

...but a spectral bluebird of happiness in the Ærie tower... yes, I'm liking this idea very much...

From the 'ghostbusters' thread, a fair little while ago.
Thank you.

Profile Email
Swede
 Wednesday, September 22 2010 @ 03:57 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'll keep it simple
Thanks to CMJ for bringing this game to us
And thank you all for making it come alive.

Profile Email
Anonymous: fairy godmother
 Wednesday, September 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM UTC  

Quote by: Kes

...but a spectral bluebird of happiness in the Ærie tower... yes, I'm liking this idea very much...

From the 'ghostbusters' thread, a fair little while ago.
Thank you.

Wink You're welcome!

Omega
 Wednesday, September 22 2010 @ 03:13 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Short one here:

Thanks for an absolutely fantastic new IInventory Big Grin

Thanksthanksthanks. Oh, and for the gifting feature, too!

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Bakemaster
 Wednesday, September 22 2010 @ 04:26 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thanks, CMJ, not just for all the time you spend on this game - above and beyond, it should be noted - but particularly for your efforts to turn people on to the WCG.

Unofficial Improbable Island out-of-character chat is at irc.foonetic.net, channel #iisland - come on by!

Profile Email Website
Harris
 Wednesday, September 22 2010 @ 09:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Whoever wrote Thistlewhite Manor, thank you! It's creeeeeeeeeeeeepy.
Whoever responded to my last petition, thank you! I love mah special comments. Mayhem is so EASY with them. Big Grin
Thank you Cherriki Ten and sugar-hi unicorn for being so SQUEEZABLY demented. =^-^=
Thank you Adder and Marly for AWESOME continuity stories. ^_______________^

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Ashtu
 Friday, September 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Been wandering around for days, freshly DK'd, broke, naked, unarmed, hungry, hoping to stumble across a crate or two - or three - or a dozen. But no crates to be found? What's up with that?
Until today.
I discovered you have to LOOK for them.
And you have to CHOOSE to pick them up.
And you have to CHOOSE to open them.

SNEAKY BASTARDS!!!

Thank you, I love it!

Thank you.

Profile Email
Ada
 Friday, September 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

How does one look for crates, exactly? I'm not sure if I haven't come across any or if I haven't noticed.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.05 seconds
New Topic Post Reply