Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Furniture store in Central!
 |  Printable Version
Buddleia
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 01:07 PM UTC (Read 10959 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hooray! Cadwallador or Ceredig or Caernarfon, or whatever his name is, is selling couches, folding beds, and single beds, for adding to your dwelling to give more stamina boosts. Awesome! Hooray for CMJ and coding and the Island and awesomeness! Big Grin

So, I bought a single bed and carried it (80kg) to my house ...

... and now what do I do? There doesn't seem to be an "install the furniture" option in the house, and if I go back out to the map to look at my inventory, the only option I have is discard. Am I missing something really obvious? Oops!

EDIT: Yes, I was. If you select a sleep spot, it'll give you the option to set it down.

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
bl0b
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Umm, can it be anyone to throw a bed down, or does it have to be the owner? Also, what happens if you put down a 'lesser' bed and then want to upgrade?

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 01:15 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

OMG. Makes me want to leave work, run home, and go on a buying spree! (Reverb, halves on a bassinet?)

Thank you.

Profile Email
KimmyMonstah
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Now if only we can taken them out of where we've placed them. 0:

Replace everything I say with PICKYPICKYPICKY.

Profile Email
Derander
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Now if only I could enter my home to crawl into bed :p

I suppose I shouldn't have tried to make it a double bed Wink

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Have to say. Bought a single bed. Took it home. Installed it. Slept in it. Got the appropriate stamina. No noticable bugs so far. That's good going, I'm suitably impressed.

And yeah. Cheers, nice one with the beds. Big Grin

Profile Email
Bernard
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 06:57 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I've buggered Dunbernarding again. This time, I put down a bed in my secret grotto, and was just placing a couch in the Rookie Declan Memorial Hall, when...

"Something Terrible!

This dwelling has triggered the error reporting system. There's something funky going on with this Dwelling, and CavemanJoe needs to take a look at it manually. Please Petition to get this sorted, quoting error code MANUALFIX and the houseID below. Please also tell us what you were doing just before this page appeared."

How can I admit to CMJ that I was having a crafty tug with glee at the fact there's something gorgeous to add to our houses? THIS GAME IS BETTERER THAN SIMS.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Lillith
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM UTC  

Well really Bernard, this is what happens if you buy furniture from cheap, disreputable suppliers. There's a perfectly acceptable Land of Leather inside the Bingo Hall Sofa, and I'm sure they do free delivery as well, and special discounts on bank holidays. If you'd just spoken to Mountjoy and me first before rushing out and buying the first "bargain" you saw, this whole trouble could have been averted.

Bernard
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 07:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Lillith

Well really Bernard, this is what happens if you buy furniture from cheap, disreputable suppliers. There's a perfectly acceptable Land of Leather inside the Bingo Hall Sofa, and I'm sure they do free delivery as well, and special discounts on bank holidays. If you'd just spoken to Mountjoy and me first before rushing out and buying the first "bargain" you saw, this whole trouble could have been averted.

P'shaw, they've never NOT had a sale on...

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

"Something Terrible!

This dwelling has triggered the error reporting system. There's something funky going on with this Dwelling, and CavemanJoe needs to take a look at it manually. Please Petition to get this sorted, quoting error code MANUALFIX and the houseID below. Please also tell us what you were doing just before this page appeared."

Soon there will a room with this description...*

*But not necessarily in my house. Perhaps in my garden instead.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Well, that's a bastard. :-/

I'm trying to reconstruct the house from an E-mail report sent to me containing the serialized data (the error checker serializes the data, writes it to the database, then reads it back and makes sure it's the same data - if not, it sends me an E-mail about it). I'm having some problems. Do you mind if I post your house's data, so that eagle-eyed Labs members might be able to help?

Profile Email Website
Mister Rawr
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

One note so far:

Placing one Single Bed atop a second Single Bed = one Single Bed. One very expensive Single Bed.

I was really doing that to see if you'd pick the other up after setting one down. Unfortunately it's not the case. B'bye Bedly; you'll be missed!

At least it means we can replace things in the future as new things start arriving (Double Beds? Chaise Lounges? Dare I say it? BARKALOUNGERS?! (that actually bark, of course))

Oh well... I expected it to do just what it did, but had to poke it anyway. Rolling Eyes

Profile Email
Anonymous: a whistleblower
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 08:13 PM UTC  

except from letter from Customer Services Dept (Bingo Hall branch of Land of Leather), to Lillith (Receptionist, Dunbernarding):

...I regret to inform you that we are currently out of stock on all items in our catalogue at present, and we cannot therefore guarantee our 666 game-day delivery promise on your three-speed massage water chaise-longue. We doing our utmost to procure alternative items as quickly as possible, and will write to you with details in due course...

excerpt from letter from Procurement Dept (Bingo Hall branch of Land of Leather), to Cadfael's Furniture store:
...write to enquire about discount prices for bulk purchases of your stock. In particular, do you have any three-speed massage water chaise-longues at this time? If not, we will take whatever you have...

excerpt from letter from The Manager (Bingo Hall branch of Land of Leather), to Caveman Joe:
...hereby enclose one completed application for the position of Preferred Supplier, and one brown envelope containing 100,000 requisition tokens sellotaped to a sturdy piece of card. I trust that our application and reputation will speak for itself, and you will agree that our store is far better placed than Cadfael's to provide the island with the Superior Quality Goods that it deserves...

Bernard
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 08:35 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Well, that's a bastard. :-/

I'm trying to reconstruct the house from an E-mail report sent to me containing the serialized data (the error checker serializes the data, writes it to the database, then reads it back and makes sure it's the same data - if not, it sends me an E-mail about it). I'm having some problems. Do you mind if I post your house's data, so that eagle-eyed Labs members might be able to help?

You go for your life!

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 08:54 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Okay, here's the thread.

Right now I reckon it was just co-incidence that this happened around the new bed additions; problems like this one have been happening, unexplained, for a while, which is why there's so much code in improbablehousing devoted to error reporting and trying to track down problems. Frown

EDIT: that page might take a minute or so to load. Dunbernarding is over a hundred thousand characters.

Profile Email Website
Derander
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Might want to use the windmill for it then, or put them side to side to compare?

Sounds like a similar problem to me.

edit: nvm, you mentioned not related to the bed thing. I'll keep my coding incompetency out of this.

Profile Email
crashtestpilot
 Monday, June 28 2010 @ 11:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'd like to request the addition of benches, as we have an outdoor area where it would be silly to put a bed, or other soft furniture.
Don't really care about the stam bonus.
All best,
~CTP

Profile Email
Marly
 Tuesday, June 29 2010 @ 01:19 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: crashtestpilot

I'd like to request the addition of benches, as we have an outdoor area where it would be silly to put a bed, or other soft furniture.

I am assured, CTP, that there is such a thing as outdoor couches. And I'm sure someone will be a decadent sort and make a napping-bed in a garden.

Profile Email
Ninja Waffles
 Tuesday, June 29 2010 @ 05:13 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Marly

Quote by: crashtestpilot

I am assured, CTP, that there is such a thing as outdoor couches. And I'm sure someone will be a decadent sort and make a napping-bed in a garden.

The British Society of Bedstead men?

Profile Email
crashtestpilot
 Tuesday, June 29 2010 @ 05:38 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I HAD thought of discussing the Society of Bedstead Men in my thread, but just wanted it to take the tone of a feature request...rather than an opportunity to riff on topics Improbable.
And yes, to the prior caller: We're looking for garden furniture. To put. In. Gardens!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.75 seconds
New Topic Post Reply