Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Players on holidays
 |  Printable Version
bl0b
 Friday, August 13 2010 @ 01:54 AM UTC (Read 1271 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

I love the new things that are popping up on the island. All the cool ideas, features, improvements and bugs that heve been recently implemented and will be implemented in the near future. I especially love the sheds, since you can drop some material to a friend and you know it will stay there for sure. Trains and trading that came with it is also cool. Gets people to interact more. Now, what would also be cool to see, is some way to set yourself as away, or on holiday.
If I remember right, distractions you receive stay with you for 1 week, whether you read them or not, whether you are online or not. But if you know you are going to be away for a while, would it be possible to set this in your profile? Effect of this would be that perhaps the messages you receive stay with you for a bit longer, or perhaps until you log in next time + 1 week? Or maybe to have an auto-reply feature for when you are away to tell people who send you distractions that you have fucked off for a bit and don't know when you will be back? Or at least have unread messages stay for longer (perhaps even until character deletion)? I'm sure distractions don't take a lot of space, so could we, please, have something of those at some point? Please? I got cookies. Jam cookies.

Profile Email
Tyr
 Friday, August 13 2010 @ 02:55 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

You can set distractions so that they're sent to your email address. Doesn't solve the problem of people knowing you're away, but it does mean that you don't have to worry about distractions getting deleted.

And if you don't like distractions clogging up your email, you can turn it off again when you get back!

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Friday, August 13 2010 @ 03:21 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Tyr probably gave the best solution there is. To let people know when you're away, it can help to leave a comment in your clan hall about it, or have contact with players by out-of island means, such as gtalk.

Profile Email
bl0b
 Saturday, August 14 2010 @ 05:32 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Managed to avoid registering with my email address, so I never really think of that. Will have to remember that in the future.
An auto-reply feature might still be interesting perhaps (in some relation to DP maybe?).

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.17 seconds
New Topic Post Reply