Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Inventory and IItems.
 |  Printable Version
Jon Bishop
 Friday, August 27 2010 @ 11:33 PM UTC (Read 2824 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I know this has been brought up plenty of times before, but I feel the change of the hunter's lodge to use IItems has changed the situation a bit. There has always been complaints about it being an annoyance to switch multiple items from your bandolier to your backpack, but...the problem is even worse now, as there are 8 IItems ALWAYS in my inventory that I must scroll past to get to my bandolier.

Of course I'd prefer being able to swap multiple items in my inventory with one click, but if that isn't possible, could the IItems at least have their own section in the inventory, preferably below the bandolier, so I don't have to scroll past quite so much to organize my items?

It isn't game breaking by any means...just really annoying.

Profile Email
KimmyMonstah
 Friday, August 27 2010 @ 11:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Check in the Lodge [in your Inventory, lol.], there's a new option to store your Lodge items in a special bag that's at the bottom of the pack list.

EDIT: Unfortunately, you can't order the items around after you store them in the bag, or even take them back out. Not a big deal, though.

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Saturday, August 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

It seems I should get my eyes checked. However I managed to miss that is completely beyond me.

Profile Email
KimmyMonstah
 Saturday, August 28 2010 @ 12:08 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

It's no big deal.
It wasn't there earlier, or last night, whenever it was that I first checked.
Easy mistake!

Profile Email
Freya
 Saturday, August 28 2010 @ 01:11 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

What a relief to find the lodge bag in my inventory. All that junk cluttering up my backpack was driving me crazy - and I'd already overlooked items I needed because they got lost in the horrible jumble.

Now we need some sort of card holder/sorter for the case, perhaps slotted sleeves - something to organize cards and abbreviate that long list.

Basically the storage functionalities of all carried items need to be examined and hopefully a global solution found. I'd prefer to wait for a clean, elegant solution (in terms of code) rather than patching and bodges. The need for this will increase with time as more items are added to the lodge or handled by being made "usable".

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Saturday, August 28 2010 @ 05:16 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Honestly the IItems system is beginning to show its weaknesses. I built it for performance and flexibility, not ease-of-use. It could really use a rewrite before Season Three rolls around.

Been thinking of a "compact view" option, where each iitem is represented as a 12*12 or 15*15px icon (one icon per iitem, not per iitem type - you have ten Bang grenades, ten icons show up). The full-size icon, description and more links and such show up as you mouseover the icons.

Profile Email Website
Ada
 Saturday, August 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Honestly the IItems system is beginning to show its weaknesses. I built it for performance and flexibility, not ease-of-use. It could really use a rewrite before Season Three rolls around.

Been thinking of a "compact view" option, where each iitem is represented as a 12*12 or 15*15px icon (one icon per iitem, not per iitem type - you have ten Bang grenades, ten icons show up). The full-size icon, description and more links and such show up as you mouseover the icons.

I can't be the only one who's carried around more than 100 grenades/bombs...

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Saturday, August 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Might has well put a "x actual number of these things" next to each icon type instead of having a gigantic amount of individuals icons (think crate hunting in a donation spurt). Less prone to messiness, I think.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
crashtestpilot
 Saturday, August 28 2010 @ 05:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Can there also be some prioritization of items, other than time when entered?

For instance, put heavy construction materials on top always?
When they're at the bottom of an inventory, it just means having to hit page down, every time I want to drop a rock before I quarry the next one.

(Of course, I'd rather they just ended up on the Map while you're quarrying/logging, but if that can't change, at least putting them on the top would help).

Just another 2 c. from the bottomless penny jar,

~CTP

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.37 seconds
New Topic Post Reply