Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 If I could change one small thing on The Island
 |  Printable Version
Pipster
 Friday, February 04 2011 @ 01:31 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I don't know if something has changed just lately, but I'd like to suggest that read messages delete from your inbox after a certain amount of time or something, because I keep wondering why people aren't replying to me, then realising my inbox is full of old messages.

Or, just an automated reminder would do.

Smile

Profile Email
Maniak
 Friday, February 04 2011 @ 02:47 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Bigger mailboxes!
Admin CavemanJoe 2011-01-18 23:20:48
Since optimizing some other parts of the game's code, we've now got enough free resources to increase the size of your Distractions inbox. Previous limits were fifty messages, stored for seven days - now you can have up to 250 messages, stored for 30 days! This improvement is free for everyone, site supporter or not.

Have fun!

Yeah, something did change recently. You got a bigger inbox and longer retention.

I predict the next MOTD: Since you all love messaging we switched from Distractions to gmail. Have fun with that!

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Pipster
 Friday, February 04 2011 @ 04:37 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Maniak

Yeah, something did change recently. You got a bigger inbox and longer retention.

I predict the next MOTD: Since you all love messaging we switched from Distractions to gmail. Have fun with that![/p]

Thanks, and I do remember that. I'm a site supporter, so I think the changes affected others more than myself. But, since then I keep finding myself with a full inbox. I don't feel like I'm getting more messages than I used to, and it never happened before.

I guess I'm just wondering if they did used to automatically delete once you'd read them, and if that's stopped happening.

Smile

Profile Email
Temper
 Friday, February 04 2011 @ 09:01 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

They delete after 30 days, according to the MotD about them.

Profile Email
Harris
 Monday, February 07 2011 @ 08:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

May we have the slurring after drinking a refreshing alcoholic beverage back? It was fun!

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Harris
 Tuesday, February 08 2011 @ 05:02 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

...if it can be done without messing up special comments?

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Awesome Fred
 Saturday, February 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

End of Round:
Cattywampus's Hitpoints (Level 9): DEFEATED
YOUR Hitpoints: 151
You're really not sure what you killed, but you're just going to say it was a Cattywampus.
You have slain Cattywampus!
182 shiny Requisition tokens are dispensed from the nearest camera!
You find a cigarette!
***Because of the simplistic nature of this fight, you are penalized 28 experience!
(111 - 28 = 83) You receive 83 total experience!

The satisfying ker-CHUNK is gone? D:

I want it back!

Profile Email
Maniak
 Saturday, February 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

End of Round:
Cattywampus's Hitpoints (Level 9): DEFEATED
YOUR Hitpoints: 151
You're really not sure what you killed, but you're just going to say it was a Cattywampus.
You have slain Cattywampus!
182 shiny Requisition tokens are dispensed from the nearest camera!
You find a cigarette!
***Because of the simplistic nature of this fight, you are penalized 28 experience!
(111 - 28 = 83) You receive 83 total experience!

The satisfying ker-CHUNK is gone? D:

I want it back!

Thank you for posting this.

I noticed this Jan 25 (page 11, this thread) and thought I was going crazy because I'm the only one that mentioned it since.

Err, more on-topic. I'd change the lose messages. `Watcher strolls by is really beginning to annoy me. It's a tiny bit of polish but it would make the game appear so much better. Every time I see that message, I die a little inside.

Profile Email Website
Alex MacMillan
 Monday, February 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

If I could change one small thing on The Island,

I would bring back the satisfying kerCHUNK-sound the cigarettes make when they drop.
I would fix all the broken colouring.
I would strip the slashies and other characters that don't belong in monster descriptions.
I would remove the extra Continue when you want to leave the Raven Inn.
I would fix the images in the Abandoned Factory.

I guess this is more than one small thing? Well, screw it. If I was King and Queen of Improbable Island for a day, that's what I'd do.

Yes. I would love ALL of these.

Especially the factory.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, February 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

One small thing? I would fix it so that if someone uses a sleeping space and then leaves the Island by virtue of not logging in for however long it is, then the sleeping space automatically get freed up. Currently this can be done manually certainly, but a quick look in the dwellings on top of Newhome in particular, shows lots of sleeping spaces, and plenty of beds, occupied by nobody at all. The builders haven't cleaned them out, probably because they're off doing other things and just haven't looked in for some while. I can't complain at them, after all, they're the ones that put the effort in in the first place, but it is a bit annoying.

I say "small thing", I can't help suspecting that this would be a bugger to code though. Just thought that I'd mention it anyway.

Profile Email
Kolojang
 Thursday, February 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

One thing that I would like is be able to access the "who's online" list from anywhere. Maybe put it in the links on top of the page next to the MoTD, on next on the view bio button. Sometime when RPing in a dwelling, it would nice to be able to check it and not have to run to the nearest dwelling, and possibly get hit by a NewDay.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Friday, February 18 2011 @ 02:20 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE to the last two.

Profile Email
Raidur
 Friday, February 18 2011 @ 05:17 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Heres an addition to the list. The ability to reset your title (after having changed it a few times with the hunters lodge items) to the default so it changes with the DK rotation again.

Reasoning: I usually set my title to something appropriate for my form for the DK, but when I can't think of something, I try to go with the game-assigned title, but soon, they are going to be getting too long for me to manually set, and I dislike having no title at all.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Friday, February 18 2011 @ 06:58 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I honestly have no idea how difficult of a fix this would be.

I mean this image to be funny, not insulting, honest.

Two names were chosen at random, but it demonstrates one thing that I'd like to see fixed. I know, it's very minor, isn't it? But I'm just the type (the OCD type) that gets really, really, skin-crawlingly annoyed at things like this. If you have a clan tag, and leave your title blank, you have an extra space (where the underline stretches) before your name, but it doesn't happen if you don't have a clan and leave your title blank.

Or, you know, just get rid of the dashed underlines entirely because they're really ugly, and that'll solve the problem, too!

Profile Email
D Valentine
 Friday, February 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Matthew

Two names were chosen at random

I like being chosen at random. Thank you! (And I mean this in all seriousness).

Profile Email
Iriana
 Friday, February 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Matthew

I honestly have no idea how difficult of a fix this would be.

Two names were chosen at random, but it demonstrates one thing that I'd like to see fixed. I know, it's very minor, isn't it? But I'm just the type (the OCD type) that gets really, really, skin-crawlingly annoyed at things like this. If you have a clan tag, and leave your title blank, you have an extra space (where the underline stretches) before your name, but it doesn't happen if you don't have a clan and leave your title blank.

Or, you know, just get rid of the dashed underlines entirely because they're really ugly, and that'll solve the problem, too!

Yes please!

Also, if you have a clan buff, combat often gives you a message like this: "Your Clan Aura allows you to reflect 3 of the damage you received Bookface!"

There really should be a from in between "received" and the name of the monster. I'm neurotic enough about these things for it to bug me a lot.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Friday, February 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Kolojang
One thing that I would like is be able to access the "who's online" list from anywhere. Maybe put it in the links on top of the page next to the MoTD, on next on the view bio button. Sometime when RPing in a dwelling, it would nice to be able to check it and not have to run to the nearest dwelling, and possibly get hit by a NewDay.

This. Possibly as a friends list. So we can see precisely when they were last online, like the Clan Halls do. The 'Today'-value as last online is vague. I'd gladly sacrifice the way too long link to the Labs for it.

I like all the suggestions of recent. ((even the suggestions of the ocd-people.) Yes, I left that parenthesis open just to spite you, and this small text exists only for that reason too. I love you all, my brethren.

Profile Email Website
Sonny
 Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Maniak

Quote by: Kolojang

This. Possibly as a friends list. So we can see precisely when they were last online, like the Clan Halls do. The 'Today'-value as last online is vague. I'd gladly sacrifice the way too long link to the Labs for it.

I like all the suggestions of recent. ((even the suggestions of the ocd-people.) Yes, I left that parenthesis open just to spite you, and this small text exists only for that reason too. I love you all, my brethren.

*shudders* call me paranoid but I think the "today" is enough.

ETA: oh and the other recent suggestions would be nice to have.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I wouldn't have had the idea if the last online time in the clan halls wasn't so eerily specific. But, you do have a point. Maybe a user preference to show it, combined with a 'You can see my time, but only if you're also on my friend list.'

More on-topic: Automatically focus the bottom of the screen after posting in chat.

Profile Email Website
LadyRavenSkye
 Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I'm for a friend's list idea.... but then I am also for a "appear offline" idea. Sometimes I like to do one-on-one scenes with people. If it's out somewhere the door can't be locked, people walk in. People walk in, looking for my character, and ruin the scene. They don't ask before appearing, and both characters are unnerved at the intrusion that they don't want to continue the scene even if the person leaves.

I have no problem in telling someone "No, today I don't feel like RPing with you." But it's tedious when they retort with back talk, and sometimes causes unneeded drama OOC. I'd be thankful for an appear offline option for these moments/

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.62 seconds
New Topic Post Reply