Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 If I could change one small thing on The Island
 |  Printable Version
Docenspiel
 Wednesday, April 13 2011 @ 04:44 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hmm. Only played dominoes once before. But it's worth another try I'd say.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, April 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Would it be possible to change the bar chat space in the Prancing Spider Kitty so that it's there in front of you as soon as you go in, instead of having to click to see it, so the same as the newer pubs?

I know that it's only one click difference, but it would make it feel more part of the thing rather than somewhere you had to go out of your way to find, and it would get noticed more by people just popping in for a quick gargleblaster or perhaps a new head for Dan.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Saturday, April 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Soundproofing is a cool option and all, even if I don't particularly see what the use of it is (I mean, besides bordello-like activities, but if you're doing to do that, then there's lots of places more suited to it than Improbable Island, damn).

Anyway, it's getting to the point where we're seriously starting to need collapsible dwelling owner options. The left side of the screen is so cluttered, it's getting to the point where I don't even want to go into dwellings I own anymore. As an example:

Explore
Rooms
and
stuff

Return
Main Room

Locks
This room is unlocked
Lock this room
Deadbolt this room

New Build Jobs
Increase the size of this room
Add a new Room

Decorations
Decorate this room
Manage Keys

Building Materials
Examine materials stock

Donator Features
Memento Effects
Build a Secret Room

Soundproofing
About Soundproofing

Leave
Back to the Dwelling Entrance
Back to the Island Map

YI don't need and really don't want to see the entire middle of this all the time. An option to show or hide these would be fantastic, and I know it's been requested before, please. Big Grin If you could collapse owner options that you don't need, you can get hotkeys for going back to the world map back, and that's a pretty important annoyance-fix, I think. The example doesn't show sleep spots, but those should always be there, obviously.

On a similar note, the first room of the dwelling still has that bug where the headings don't correctly show for locking and unlocking doors.

Decorations
Decorate this room
Decorate this Dwelling's exterior
This Dwelling is unlocked
Lock this Dwelling
Manage Keys

Profile Email
Iriana
 Sunday, April 17 2011 @ 12:14 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Matthew

collapsible dwelling owner options

I think this would be my only major request right now. I love building, and I love puttering around in my own dwelling, but having to deal with the long, long string of options makes it so that walking into my house kind of gives me a headache. Which I think is sad.

Also, I almost exclusively use hotkeys, especially when I'm on my phone, so the extra options in a dwelling make it way easier than I'd like for me to misclick an option and end up with a room or something where I don't want it. And you can't undo rooms or floor spaces once they're queued.

I don't know how easily this could be done from the coding end, but I'd really, really like to see this become an option.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Tuesday, April 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I just noticed that the Raven Inn's perpetual bar brawl seems to have dispersed. Since the list of color codes is given to any new player that dares to enter NewHome's Banter, can it have something new added? I know a few people have asked for drinks, but really anything would be nice. Perhaps a more unique place to RP? And if it does get updated, could any mount have the option of going there from an outpost?

Profile Email
Matthew
 Thursday, April 21 2011 @ 02:32 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Or if not, just remove it entirely. It's not a good place for RP because getting there is unreliable at best, and it's only just annoying when you do encounter it, especially while traveling. I would love it if a link to it was put in the Jungle, so you could access it just whenever. So, yes please.

Point the second: on the right side bar, can buffs please please please be moved up between Equipment Info and Game State? That's just such a more sensible location for it, and now with the Global Banter taking up so much space, we need to scroll down before we can see our buffs. That is surprisingly annoying!

Profile Email
Kyonus
 Friday, April 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Collapsible dwelling menus... Good Idea methinks. It'd work with all the other menus too wouldn't it? Just click the name of the menu and it collapses or expands like those file trees. Y'know, the ones with the pluses and minuses.

Also, maybe a place to choose what skills we want to show up in battle? Like for instance, you learn Insults, but don't like it that much (THEORETICALLY. Dunno who'd dislike insults) you could just hide it. Possibly using collapsible menus?

And on the skills... Timed fighting? Not turning it off... just making it less obvious maybe? Or an option to do so?

It just sits there... mocking me. "Oh hey, you could be awesome if you could use me, but you can't, 'cuz you're not, 'cuz you suck." That's what it says to me.

Huh. One small thing became three. Oh well.

Profile Email
Sneaky
 Friday, April 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

What I would like is if the Full Discharge on the Tesla Frame gave more maximum points when used. As it stands, there's very little advantage to fully discharging when both that and partials give one maximum point (and the latter allows a reuse with sufficient charge). I suggest 1 maximum point added for each full ten points used up by a full discharge (while partials still give only one point each).

The implant works fine. It's just that there's very little point in actually using a full discharge. With it giving more reward, there's a better reason to take such a risk.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/560/004/989.gif

Profile Email
Kyonus
 Saturday, April 23 2011 @ 02:15 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Not to be annoying or nuthin', just another thing to add, that from my abysmal knowledge would be easy to do...

A link to the Medical Tent from the Outpost?

I mean, it WOULD be near the gates...

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Wednesday, May 04 2011 @ 11:20 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Since the system seems to now distract you when you receive a gift, can we attach a short message to It? Say, 250 words.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Thursday, May 05 2011 @ 02:23 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Could we get the backgrounds of the Stonecutting and Logging pages "weatherized"?

...I guess that's actually the opposite of what I want. I'd like those pages to show the effects of weather (and newday Darkness) because you're always outside when you're doing those things.

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Thursday, May 05 2011 @ 03:21 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Docenspiel

Since the system seems to now distract you when you receive a gift, can we attach a short message to It? Say, 250 words.

Yes. This.

It seems pretty pointless to me to receive a distraction about an anonymous gift when you're told about it in the MOTD on New Day anyway. Hmm, maybe this is the preamble testing for the ability to attach gift tags?

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Maniak
 Thursday, May 05 2011 @ 07:21 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I like the distraction when you get something, sometimes you miss the notice in the New Day message.

I'm not sure I like to receive a note that's supposedly attached to a gift before I actually have the gift. I requested the possibility of a note attached to a gift before, but I think a distraction isn't the solution. A note attached to the gift itself is good for a lot of reasons, but the one I can think of immediately is multiple gifts. Which message belongs to which gift?

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Thursday, May 05 2011 @ 08:51 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Maniak

I like the distraction when you get something, sometimes you miss the notice in the New Day message.

I'm not sure I like to receive a note that's supposedly attached to a gift before I actually have the gift. I requested the possibility of a note attached to a gift before, but I think a distraction isn't the solution. A note attached to the gift itself is good for a lot of reasons, but the one I can think of immediately is multiple gifts. Which message belongs to which gift?

What if the gift was delivered at the same time as the note, instead of at newday?

Profile Email
Beeps
 Thursday, May 05 2011 @ 10:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'd suggested that a while back, as part of a two-part plan of having presents not take four hours and reducing the amount of things to do on New Day.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Um the Muse
 Friday, May 13 2011 @ 03:55 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I wish there was an option to change font sizes. It's fairly small on an iPod, but I dislike zooming in and constantly moving the screen back and forth.

Profile Email
Raleigh
 Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

perhaps take away the zeros that automatically appear in all the bars when you go to cook meat? so that the number you entered would go right to how much you want to cook. because the way it is now you have to got through and delete the zero in order to enter a number or else it will count as an extra zero. so instead of cooking 12 pieces of meat it try to cook 120 pieces. its annoying. or another remedy could be that instead of going out of its way to tell you that you screwed up, it could just cook as much as you do have and ignore the oversize number.

Neko-desu!

Profile Email
Alex MacMillan
 Saturday, May 14 2011 @ 06:10 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I would add the ability to revoke keys. This is a vital function for clan housing, but also important when it comes to things like relationships gone bad, etc.

It would make a big difference.

Profile Email
jakell
 Sunday, May 15 2011 @ 05:58 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Maniak

I personally don't like the messages whenever I receive a gift, and thought that the newday message was just fine (as well as being able to just check my inventory). I've enjoyed getting emails when people distract me, and for my Titan-kills, but the gifts tend to... well, distract me more then I'd like.

Would it be possible to have an option for this (and possibly others) in the preferences? It would be nice if our Game Behavior Preferences were changed to the effect of:
When a player sends me a message: Distraction, Email, Both
When a Clan distraction is sent : Distraction, Email, Both
When a player sends me a gift: Distraction, Email, Both
When a Titan is killed: Distraction, Email, Both

We've got the option for a player's distraction, but that seems to be the default for everything, not just the player's messages.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Sunday, May 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm with Jakell on this one. I don't really need to know that in three hours I'm going to get a notice letting me know that I got a gift. If gift-giving was instant, then the distractions would be welcome. But as it is, it's just repeating information I'd be getting when it was pertinent anyway.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.66 seconds
New Topic Post Reply