Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Something really strange just happened.
 |  Printable Version
Mogar
 Thursday, January 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

MY EYE ITCHES SO BAD!!! Why won't it stop?

Profile Email
Neeip
 Thursday, January 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Mogar

MY EYE ITCHES SO BAD!!! Why won't it stop?

Thats cause the medgel goop.
And the eye-staby-staby.

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, January 20 2011 @ 07:30 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I...don' think i CAN sleep, actually.

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Makiwa
 Thursday, January 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

OMH - excellent writing!

I really enjoyed that encounter Eek!

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
wvf
 Thursday, January 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Why, yes, I have time for 20 min. of Improbable Island right before I go to sleep... It'll be a late night, but I have plans, it'll only be a bit...

Yeah, right.
It's an hour later now.

Profile Email
Wongo the Sane
 Thursday, January 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: wvf

Why, yes, I have time for 20 min. of Improbable Island right before I go to sleep... It'll be a late night, but I have plans, it'll only be a bit...

Yeah, right.
It's an hour later now.

That would've been true with or without this encounter, and you know it ;-)
(Or at least, if you're anything like me it would)

Also, did anyone happen to get screenshots rather than just a text dump? I was too busy reading the text and thinking 'how badly is this going to screw me over if I do the stupid thing?' to notice the subtle changes to the screen.

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Thursday, January 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Wongo+the+Sane

Quote by: wvf

Yeah, right.
It's an hour later now.

That would've been true with or without this encounter, and you know it ;-)
(Or at least, if you're anything like me it would)

Also, did anyone happen to get screenshots rather than just a text dump? I was too busy reading the text and thinking 'how badly is this going to screw me over if I do the stupid thing?' to notice the subtle changes to the screen.

All this.

I was too engrossed to notice too,

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Epaphus
 Thursday, January 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh, great. Now that the floodgates have been opened, how long will it be until we get Red Jokers, Gold, Trafalgar Green, Paisley, and every other color? Soon, every Joker on the Island will be grabbing a Mr. Noseybonk mask, raiding Bed, Bath & Beyond for colorful sheets*, and showing up at Chez Caveman to crash the servers. I swear, if this catches on, I'll never get any work done around here.**
_____

* Okay, I'll admit a certain fondness for the idea of the Laura Ashley Tasteful Floral Print Joker.

** And to whoever just shouted, "Ya don't do any work around here as it is," from the back of the room, I'm coming for you. Just as soon as I finish my nap.

Profile Email
D Valentine
 Friday, January 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Epaphus

Oh, great. Now that the floodgates have been opened, how long will it be until we get Red Jokers, Gold, Trafalgar Green, Paisley, and every other color? Soon, every Joker on the Island will be grabbing a Mr. Noseybonk mask, raiding Bed, Bath & Beyond for colorful sheets*, and showing up at Chez Caveman to crash the servers. I swear, if this catches on, I'll never get any work done around here.**
_____

* Okay, I'll admit a certain fondness for the idea of the Laura Ashley Tasteful Floral Print Joker.

** And to whoever just shouted, "Ya don't do any work around here as it is," from the back of the room, I'm coming for you. Just as soon as I finish my nap.

Why Bed, Bath & Beyond?

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Friday, January 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

....grabbing a Mr. Noseybonk mask, raiding Bed, Bath & Beyond for colorful sheets....

Quote by: D+Valentine

Why Bed, Bath & Beyond?

Already got the mask, and I'll just steal the sheets off your clothesline, Epaphus.

Thank you.

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Friday, January 21 2011 @ 04:32 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: D+Valentine

Why Bed, Bath & Beyond

Have you ever loved something so much you canít live without it?* That's why there's Bed, Bath & Beyond--there's always one nearby** no matter where you live***; they're always running a sale****; and they have those chairs that massage your back***** ... Plus, it's the only sheet-selling store I could think of at the spur of the moment.
_____

* In my case, itís my premium cable package, but you see my point.

** Jokers hate to travel linear distances.

*** Unless you live in some primitive third-world country, like Alabama.

**** And isn't that the very heart and soul of Capitalism? It's the home of the brave and the land of the free, where everything free has its price. And those Laura Ashley Tasteful Floral Print sheets are 40% off. Score!

***** I don't have anything sarcastic to say about them. They're just a happy bonus.

Profile Email
D Valentine
 Friday, January 21 2011 @ 04:38 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

And those Laura Ashley Tasteful Floral Print sheets are 40% off. Score!

You really want those sheets, don't you?

Oh darn, I got off topic.

My eye still itches.

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Friday, January 21 2011 @ 05:05 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ashtu

Already got the mask, and I'll just steal the sheets off your clothesline, Epaphus.

True story about clotheslines.

My ex-wife's grandmother* was a rifle-toting bitch of an old girl who lived in the backwoods of Alabama. One night in the late 1980s, she saw a bunch of people dancing around in sheets in her back yard. "It must be those danged hippies I heard about once** on the news," she said to her cat Elvis.*** She immediately grabbed her shotgun, threw open her kitchen window, and started blasting away at 'em with buckshot. Then she called the police to come arrest the hippies.

Naturally the police didn't show up until the next morning. (Granny was a shotgun-wielding gun fanatic with bad eyesight. The police weren't about to venture into range until it was broad daylight.****) When they did arrive, they didn't find any hippies ... but they did discover Granny had opened fire on a couple of sheets she'd left on her clothesline.

And yes, the wife and I drove her***** to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy new sheets. But we made her leave the shotgun in the pickup's gun rack.
_____

* Affectionately called "Granny," mostly because she was too old to bother telling people her real name, and the rest of her family were too terrified of her to ask.

** Granny stopped watching the news when Walter Cronkite retired in 1981, 'cause those replacement newscasters were obviously a bunch of danged fast-talking Communists, so whatever mention of hippies ran through her head must've been something she saw on TV twenty years before.

*** Yes, as in "Presley." This was before "Elvis" turned out to be female by birthing a litter of kittens behind the stove and got renamed "Dolly Parton." What? You think I could make this stuff up?

**** Seriously, do you blame them? Law enforcement in Alabama doesn't pay enough to afford extended hospital care.

***** We weren't about to let Granny behind the wheel of an automobile again after that time she ran the chicken truck off the road ... Ah, but that's a story for another time.

Profile Email
LadyRavenSkye
 Friday, January 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Epaphus, sir... that story is beautiful.

Profile Email
Syd Lexic
 Saturday, January 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Heavens! FANTASTIC writing! That was good 'n' creepy! Syd is now cowering in an outpost.

Profile Email
Painted Pony
 Saturday, January 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Astounding... I wish I had creepers coming to my house in the middle of the night for inspiration...

But seriously, the Stranger and the bed-sheets stories? Wonderful stuff. I'm amazed at some of the writing I'm finding here. Why aren't you two writing novels? Or some other such fun? I'd buy them (but don't seriously hold me to that because I'm broke at the moment--I've only started working at my first job this past week). You could make millions (or at least several hundred dollars).

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Saturday, January 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Painted+Pony

Astounding... I wish I had creepers coming to my house in the middle of the night for inspiration...

But seriously, the Stranger and the bed-sheets stories? Wonderful stuff. I'm amazed at some of the writing I'm finding here. Why aren't you two writing novels? Or some other such fun? I'd buy them (but don't seriously hold me to that because I'm broke at the moment--I've only started working at my first job this past week). You could make millions (or at least several hundred dollars).

Terry Pratchett currently holds the franchise for hilarious footnotes in novels; Epaphus only bought the right to use them in forum posts.

CavemanJoe isn't writing novels because, while he is indeed an amazing writer, he is also that good at making the game world we all play in. He combines these two talents to achieve heretofore undreamed-of levels of AWESOMEness.*
------
* Also incredible riches! Or at least... that's the plan. Eventually.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Saturday, January 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Terry Pratchett currently holds the franchise for hilarious footnotes in novels; Epaphus only bought the right to use them in forum posts.

Have you read 'Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell' by Susanna Clarke? If not, then I strongly recommend that you do. That might cause you to revise your opinion.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Saturday, January 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Have you read 'Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell' by Susanna Clarke? If not, then I strongly recommend that you do. That might cause you to revise your opinion.

Well sure, Pratchett does have a few problems with enforcement.

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Sunday, January 23 2011 @ 04:01 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Hey, something really strange just happened. I walked out of Kittania and my head immediately began to hurt, like there was a dentist's drill behind my eyes. I turned around and standing in front of me was... my first wife. I didn't even know she was on The Island! Eek!

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.70 seconds
New Topic Post Reply