Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 and I'd also like
 |  Printable Version
Daedalus
 Monday, November 15 2010 @ 07:15 AM UTC (Read 2133 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

... a View/Hide switch on the timed combat display, and on the keyholders options in dwellings.

D.

(possibly my shortest post ever!)

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Tuesday, November 16 2010 @ 06:36 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Seconded.

(This post also entered for the Short Posts by Rambling Writers competion, or at least it could have been before I added this.)

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Mr Geppetto
 Tuesday, November 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Thirded! (35 characters including this) Big Grin*

*Alright, and a smiley. Darn. Now I have to count again...

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Tuesday, November 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Yep. Fourthed. Also, a hide switch for the 'edit commentry' feature, so that you don't see GREMed comments, even crossed out.

Profile Email
tehdave
 Tuesday, November 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Daedalus

... a View/Hide switch on the timed combat display, and on the keyholders options in dwellings.

D.

Actually, I'd like a switch to be able to view my dwellings in "Non-Owner" mode...maybe leave the lock/unlock options, but hide Kick Sleepers, Add Build Jobs, Decorate This Room, etc.

And yes, the ability to hide Timed Combat

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Tuesday, November 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Assuming this thread is now for minor requests that don't deserve their own thread:

Switch the priority for instance-specific key commands versus constants - It's a bit of a pain if I'm trying to train in Insults and suddenly I'm hitting a monster's left eye because it has a targeted combat option with a C in it. I understand some things are constant-ish but have limited use (Race bonuses, implants), so this may not be a perfect plan, but it would be nice to be able to rely on a specific key doing the same thing.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, November 17 2010 @ 12:44 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: tehdave

Quote by: Daedalus

D.

Actually, I'd like a switch to be able to view my dwellings in "Non-Owner" mode...maybe leave the lock/unlock options, but hide Kick Sleepers, Add Build Jobs, Decorate This Room, etc.

Yes. This is what I was trying to say.

Profile Email
Daedalus
 Wednesday, November 17 2010 @ 03:02 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Actually, I'd like a switch to be able to view my dwellings in "Non-Owner" mode...

Err ... this is what I meant by "the keyholders options in dwellings".

Probably lost a bit of focus when I realised I was on the verge of making a short post. Mr. Green

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Pollox
 Wednesday, November 17 2010 @ 08:05 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Beeps

Assuming this thread is now for minor requests that don't deserve their own thread:

Switch the priority for instance-specific key commands versus constants - It's a bit of a pain if I'm trying to train in Insults and suddenly I'm hitting a monster's left eye because it has a targeted combat option with a C in it. I understand some things are constant-ish but have limited use (Race bonuses, implants), so this may not be a perfect plan, but it would be nice to be able to rely on a specific key doing the same thing.

Yes, the insults definitely need set keybindings. I recall hitting a pocket protector once when trying to say an insult. It ended poorly.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Wednesday, November 17 2010 @ 08:09 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Pollox

Quote by: Beeps

Yes, the insults definitely need set keybindings. I recall hitting a pocket protector once when trying to say an insult. It ended poorly.

Solution: The next time you're going to insult someone, don't slam their pocket protector. Wink

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Matthew
 Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 04:57 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Adding another second to the second-pile. A "Toggle Dwelling Controls" button, or something?

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 02:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Um - folks - isn't this exactly the same topic as If I could change one small thing on The Island?

The Busy-Body Ashtu

Thank you.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 05:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ashtu

Um - folks - isn't this exactly the same topic as If I could change one small thing on The Island?

The Busy-Body Ashtu

No, this is "And I'd Also Like...", which is for the not-so small changes.

One of these day's, we'll start with "And While You're At It Anyway.." for the really big changes, too.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Reverb

Quote by: Ashtu

The Busy-Body Ashtu

No, this is "And I'd Also Like...", which is for the not-so small changes.

One of these day's, we'll start with "And While You're At It Anyway.." for the really big changes, too.

For the larger changes, why not post it in the Labs. Where people can discuss it from a coding point of you and maybe code in fact. Current modules going on there are an updated version of the abandoned factory, a cobblestone sink that defends outposts, signs for dwellings, and an updated council office that tells you information about monster levels. Might do information about the 100 point rally as well, which I think Hairy Mary requested.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Thursday, November 25 2010 @ 05:46 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

This has probably been requested elsewhere, but a banter channel on the failboat would be fantastic. A lot of rookies charge into the jungle, and don't get around to figuring out RP until they hit the boat. Banter would be really, really helpful, along with maybe a permalink at the top to those flyers Budd leaves around? I lose the links all the time.

Profile Email
Iriana
 Thursday, November 25 2010 @ 07:15 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: dizzyizzy

This has probably been requested elsewhere, but a banter channel on the failboat would be fantastic. A lot of rookies charge into the jungle, and don't get around to figuring out RP until they hit the boat. Banter would be really, really helpful, along with maybe a permalink at the top to those flyers Budd leaves around? I lose the links all the time.

I don't know, I've always thought it was nice that more experienced folks have a chance to point Rooks to the wiki and such... Even that bit of contact helps establish good relationships. Plus it'd be weird with the flavor text to have links, wouldn't it?

I agree with this, but it'd also be nice to have a link to L4... perhaps unnecessary, with Banter. A Rookienote explaining what on earth Banter and Story are on the Failboat would be good too.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Thursday, November 25 2010 @ 08:27 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Iriana

Quote by: dizzyizzy

I don't know, I've always thought it was nice that more experienced folks have a chance to point Rooks to the wiki and such... Even that bit of contact helps establish good relationships. Plus it'd be weird with the flavor text to have links, wouldn't it?

I agree with this, but it'd also be nice to have a link to L4... perhaps unnecessary, with Banter. A Rookienote explaining what on earth Banter and Story are on the Failboat would be good too.

That's not completely unprecedented, they're in Main Street Station's flavor text. But I do wee your point about more contact and such. And the rookie note would be good (with a banter).

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.41 seconds
New Topic Post Reply