Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > In-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Which dwellings do you like then?
 |  Printable Version
Hairy Mary
 Monday, January 03 2011 @ 05:26 PM UTC (Read 8761 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Let us know. Which are the dwellings that you particularly like? Not the ones that you're not personally connected with, other people's dwellings. If you could say a little something about why you like it as well, that would be even better. These things should get more publicity I say.

To get the ball rolling, one that I particularly like is The Tent By The Shore, just south of New Home. The maze in particular is great, its been properly worked out, so that if you're going up one path then you can hear what's happening in nearby paths, its really well done. Easy to get lost in as well. There are other pretty good things in there. I recommend people to go and have a look.

Profile Email
D Valentine
 Monday, January 03 2011 @ 05:43 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

The Crate up near CC404.
Pure genius and I could not stop laughing.

Profile Email
Kes
 Monday, January 03 2011 @ 08:03 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Thistlewhite Manor right on top of New Pittsburgh - truly beautiful, haunting descriptions, it'll have to be my favourite. The Olympus Timepiece southeast-ish from Pleasantville, with all its seemingly never-endingness, enough sights to fill a day or even longer. And- this one might sound a little odd, all things considered, but let me toss Soup & Pants into the mix; it might be simple and only has two rooms, but it's a place for people to meet, sanctuary for the rookies and somewhere homelike for anyone needing it.

Profile Email
hajen
 Monday, January 03 2011 @ 09:20 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

i'd have to say the supply crate also; not just for catching me up every time i run into it, but also for the stuff locked up inside the crate... it has some pretty well thought out scenarios. Cool

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Monday, January 03 2011 @ 11:28 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Abandoned Waystation. Beautiful writing, and very evocative. I understand it may not have survived the cataclysm, which makes it even more special. Confused

Profile Email
Harris
 Tuesday, January 04 2011 @ 05:51 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The Crack House, Thistlewhite Manor, The Bingo Hall, Harris' dwelling.

Seriously, that last one- anyone know who built it? They brung proper honor to the name Harris, I say!

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: The other harris...
 Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 10:23 PM UTC  

Quote by: Harris

Seriously, that last one- anyone know who built it? They brung proper honor to the name Harris, I say!

That would be me. I've never brung honor to any name before, let alone mine. Yay! Laughing Out Loud

Ahem, but as to the subject at hand... I have to agree with talkydoor, the Abandoned Waystation is a lost treasure. Also a good example of why the ability to transfer ownership of dwellings would be just super. Confused

Hairy Mary
 Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 03:08 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Where lies this 'Harris' Dwelling' of which you speak? I'll have to go and have a look for myself.

And yes, I too agree with Talky. If anyone has the plans for the Abandoned Waystation, then I'd happily go and rebuild it myself.

Profile Email
Mandolyn
 Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 04:03 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I have written all the suggestions down and I am going to go hunting for them.

I am a newbie at travel but I did stumble across the Emergency Clinic west of Kittiana. It caused me to fall out of character and I just wanted to play around.

Mandolyn

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 05:18 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Where lies this 'Harris' Dwelling' of which you speak? I'll have to go and have a look for myself.

And yes, I too agree with Talky. If anyone has the plans for the Abandoned Waystation, then I'd happily go and rebuild it myself.

21, 26 is :"Harris' Slanty Cottage"
Mr. Green

I don't think I've ever been to the Waystation. It sounds as though it's currently broken?

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Cherriki Ten
 Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 05:28 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Harris

21, 26 is :"Harris' Slanty Cottage"
Mr. Green

I don't think I've ever been to the Waystation. It sounds as though it's currently broken?

I have seen that dwelling and always think "I should go in there. See what he's done with the place? Is it really slanty on the inside? Or is it just slanty on the outside.?"

I will now take a look. As for me, I love the Supply Crate and I also like The Sandcastle Hendrix. Which reminds me. I should go visit Ari and Dave.

Edit: Also, I may be biased but I love the Regnans.<3 AiB

Edit's Edit: Also, Carter's Cottage is awesome!

"Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness." -Mark Twain.

Profile Email
Caleb
 Tuesday, January 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

...Since this thread appears to have fallen by the wayside somewhat, and nobody's yet said either, I'd like to add Merveille Maison (10,29) and the Whistle Summer Estates (4,12). Somewhat different in tone, but they're both wonderfully written and equally deserving of your time. (Just be prepared to lose some of it, is all I say.)

Profile Email
Anonymous: June
 Tuesday, January 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM UTC  

Quote by: Caleb

...Since this thread appears to have fallen by the wayside somewhat, and nobody's yet said either, I'd like to add Merveille Maison (10,29) and the Whistle Summer Estates (4,12). Somewhat different in tone, but they're both wonderfully written and equally deserving of your time. (Just be prepared to lose some of it, is all I say.)

I was worrying no-one would mention the Whistle Summer Estates!

I, myself, like the Blueberry Shrub near-ish Acehigh. It is only one room, but... blueberries. Smile

Matthew
 Wednesday, January 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, I really enjoy (insert my dwelling here), the guy who built it must have been a genius.

But no really

Gonna have to throw another mention into the Soup and Pants; I've had a lot of good times at that place, plus the beds. Very nice! I should also mention the amusement park (Laughing Spade) at (9, 22); yes, it was built by a clanmate of mine, but no bias there. It really is very well put together with lots of nice writing. The Jardin Surleau at (23, 5) I enjoy a lot because of the open and beautiful atmosphere.

Of course, I have to throw in a mention for the Supply Crate. It gets me almost every time, and it's always hilarious... ly frustrating.

The KIND Tower and Buddleia's house both are enormous and well-written, and I commend all the effort that went into them.

One southeast of Ace High, there's a "Velvet Room". Built by a guy named Igor. I've never been in it, because last time I was there it was locked, but the inner nerd in me gets the joke and chuckled.

And, finally.... the ever-useful train stations, I guess. If those count? I think so.

I'm sure there's more, but nothing else immediately springs to mind.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, January 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Two I've got to mention, the spooky house at New Pitts (Can't remember what its called off the top of my head) and Sandcastle Hendrix at (23,11) is it? Somewhere round there, SE of Kitt. Love them both. Also, yes Merville Mansion just south of Ace High.

Oh, and my current favourite's I think, the various elephant sanctuaries around the place.

Profile Email
tehdave
 Wednesday, January 12 2011 @ 02:09 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Two I've got to mention, the spooky house at New Pitts (Can't remember what its called off the top of my head) and Sandcastle Hendrix at (23,11) is it? Somewhere round there, SE of Kitt. Love them both. Also, yes Merville Mansion just south of Ace High.

Oh, and my current favourite's I think, the various elephant sanctuaries around the place.

Thistlewhite Manor, it's called. And it's amazingly haunting. (Come into my parlor...)

Thanks for the Hendrix shoutout...I remember seeing Alexander Quandle poking around in the miniature castle before, can't remember what exactly you posted though.

Need to give love to the Barikade. That place is awesome. Haven't really been poking around dwellings lately to give any other mention, but I'd also like to second the Blueberry shrub. I'd love to see the blackberry shrub...but it's always been locked. Cry

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Anonymous: a particularly observant rock
 Wednesday, January 12 2011 @ 05:56 AM UTC  

Quote by: tehdave

Thistlewhite Manor, it's called. And it's amazingly haunting. (Come into my parlor...)

Thanks for the Hendrix shoutout...I remember seeing Alexander Quandle poking around in the miniature castle before, can't remember what exactly you posted though.

Need to give love to the Barikade. That place is awesome. Haven't really been poking around dwellings lately to give any other mention, but I'd also like to second the Blueberry shrub. I'd love to see the blackberry shrub...but it's always been locked. Cry

SPEAKING OF WHICH.

MMM is fun.

Other shout-outs would have to go to Persepolis, The Aerie, and the FREE STONE QUARRY.

Iriana
 Wednesday, January 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

There are a lot, but one I just stumbled into by happy accident is the Crossroads Entertainment Complex. Even though I pass it every single day on the way between IC and Kitt, I'd never walked in, but the many rooms are all delightful and made me laugh. Check out the Psychotropic room (is that the name? I forget).

Also, Makiwa's Retreat is a homey little place by the lake that I love. It's lovingly written, and well described--I'm fond of the treetop loft and its many cushions.

The Restaurant, east of IC. Love the kitchens especially, and all of Johnson's energy!

I'll have to second Soup and Pants--it's simple and friendly and a great place to talk to new folk.

There are more. I'll definitely have to check out the ones people have listed!

Profile Email
Maniak
 Wednesday, January 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I like Scorpio's Saloon, located 2 clicks west of Squathole, same square as the train station. It fits in really well with the Island and has an awesome card trick. I enjoy skullduggery like that.

I also like Ko's Ducttapery, located southwest of Kittania. A tour of the factory, that's great.

The crackhouse is nicely done as well. Southwest of AceHigh.

Recently explored a part of the Thistlewhite Manor. That place is just begging for a game of Murder mystery.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Iriana
 Thursday, January 13 2011 @ 07:37 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh, the Crackhouse--I missed AH and stumbled in there. There are some charming things hidden in there.

And Maniak, your Supply Crate. Best ever, dude.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.62 seconds
New Topic Post Reply