Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Equipment Ideas New Topic Post Reply
 Equipment Ideas: Insert Witty Catchphrase Here
 |  Printable Version
wvf
 Tuesday, October 28 2008 @ 12:23 AM UTC (Read 2103 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

Hello, all. Again.

Seeing noooo sort of template for this, I go ahead and make it as complete as possible. Lemmie know if I forget anything.

Thing: Elbows

Description: You've been using your fists so far, why not upgrade to these nice elbows? They hit harder than fists, and, thanks to their decapitated nature, they can reach farther too!

Attack/Cost: Low, but better than fists. Like a butter knife or some such, but looses favor/charm for looking revolting. Cheap as the dirt they will soon become.

Thing: Pair of Broken Speakers

Description: These speakers look as if they have been dumped off the garbage scow and floated to the island. They certainly do not work anymore, but they have about a meter of cable coming out of them perfect for swinging around. They are dangerous to anyone in the vicinity, including you. Does not include adapter. Made by Logytech.

Attack/Cost: Attack's trashy, but they can hurt like the blazes when connecting with your shins. Makes you look like a (sad) geek.

Thing: Half a Glass Bottle

Description: This bottle use to hold booze, but now it is a filthy and scratched. You find it useful for making mashed potatoes as well as fighting. For, with your bottle as a masher, you can pretend you have cranberry sauce too.

So, what do you think?

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Saturday, January 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Generally, I love the whole insane weapons things but I think that we also sort of need some classic things and some weapons that are more... Uh... Real? I don't know. But in any case, for any that like to have an image of their character, carrying around a chainsaw but having a character who's supposed to be a gentleman is a little incongruous.

These are just some basic ideas for weapons that I'd like to see. Attack doesn't make a difference to me at all really, but I honestly think we need some classic, old-fashioned lead spitters.

So, I propose

Mauser C96, or the Red 9.
Description: A classy weapon with a long barrel and a fully automatic function with a red '9' painted on the side of the wooden handle so as not to confuse the ammunition that is compatible with the weapon. It may be about over a century old, but only a gentleman would carry a pistol such as this.

.32 Caliber revolver.
--It's a '32. Come on.

And just for the sake of coolness, I'd like to see Shuko.

For those of you who don't know what Shuko are, they are basically gloves with weird spikes that go inwards towards your palm. Useful for climbing, but also useful for slashing up people's faces. Used commonly by Ninja.

--Really just brainstorm. Nothing important here...

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Bernard
 Saturday, January 10 2009 @ 07:48 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

Generally, I love the whole insane weapons things but I think that we also sort of need some classic things and some weapons that are more... Uh... Real? I don't know. But in any case, for any that like to have an image of their character, carrying around a chainsaw but having a character who's supposed to be a gentleman is a little incongruous.

These are just some basic ideas for weapons that I'd like to see. Attack doesn't make a difference to me at all really, but I honestly think we need some classic, old-fashioned lead spitters.

So, I propose

Mauser C96, or the Red 9.
Description: A classy weapon with a long barrel and a fully automatic function with a red '9' painted on the side of the wooden handle so as not to confuse the ammunition that is compatible with the weapon. It may be about over a century old, but only a gentleman would carry a pistol such as this.

.32 Caliber revolver.
--It's a '32. Come on.

And just for the sake of coolness, I'd like to see Shuko.

For those of you who don't know what Shuko are, they are basically gloves with weird spikes that go inwards towards your palm. Useful for climbing, but also useful for slashing up people's faces. Used commonly by Ninja.

--Really just brainstorm. Nothing important here...

Of course, for those of us of a more puerile bent, a Spam Mauser is just the thing.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Saturday, January 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

-registering...-

-Register completed.-

-Prepare laugh. Laugh prepared.-

-Engage. 3...2...1...-

"Ha!"

-Laughing completed.-

Nah, that would be funny actually. I'm just saying some weapons that aren't completely insane. Since, improbably speaking, it would be very improbable for an antique firearm to show up and not be strange at all. You know?

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
crashtestpilot
 Friday, January 16 2009 @ 02:04 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Meteor hammer. Look it up.
Watch Jackie Chan movies.
Meteor. Freaking. Hammer.
This thing is the shizzle.
Jackie did it with a rope and a horseshoe for fark's sake. In that movie. With Owen Wilson. Shanghai Knights.
Two words. Day. Um.

Ah. Good times.

Drunk now.
Sorry.

~CTP

Profile Email
Parrillian
 Wednesday, March 04 2009 @ 05:32 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Ehhh i could think of a few things.. like

Item: Pet Typo Gremlin
Description: Hurt your enemies by switching letter in there attack descriptions causing them to fumble there own attacks.
I know its lame hehe.. Confused

Dunno this next one is more of a Hat...i like hats

Item: Funky Jazz Hat
Description: By wearing this hat you gain epic JazzFunk dance moves which amaze your foes so much that they develop exploding aneurysms, which cause massive amounts of brain hemorrhaging

The hat could increase attack at the loss of defense or something..dunno if there's something like that already.
I don't have that many DKs

Dunno it all came from me screwing up a description one day and saying exploding aneurysms..which created one interesting conversation.

*cough* don't hit me... Frown

Exploding Aneurysms do NOT exist....well i hope they don't

Profile Email
Sir Gompmire
 Sunday, May 17 2009 @ 05:28 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Alright, I have a weapon.

Weapon: Nun-chucks

Store Description: Remember that month you were sent to Catholic school? Remember how the nuns used to hit you for misbehaving? Well get revenge on those old biddies. But watch out, they're a feisty bunch.

Examining Description: Two nuns tied together by their rosaries. You have no clue how you're going to use these effectively. The nuns glare at you shaking their rulers in rage.

Boosts:
+10 attack
-2 turns
+5 charm
+5 favor (the watcher hates nuns)
Nun-chuck recoil (The nuns will hit you with rulers every turn for minor damage)

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Sunday, May 17 2009 @ 08:13 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Sir+Gompmire

Alright, I have a weapon.

Weapon: Nun-chucks

Store Description: Remember that month you were sent to Catholic school? Remember how the nuns used to hit you for misbehaving? Well get revenge on those old biddies. But watch out, they're a feisty bunch.

Examining Description: Two nuns tied together by their rosaries. You have no clue how you're going to use these effectively. The nuns glare at you shaking their rulers in rage.

Boosts:
+10 attack
-2 turns
+5 charm
+5 favor (the watcher hates nuns)
Nun-chuck recoil (The nuns will hit you with rulers every turn for minor damage)

I love it!

How about this?

Weapon: Gravity Gun

Store Description: What would Gordon Freeman do?

Examine Description: A large cylinder-shaped weapon with two hand grips and an ominous orange glow. Uses zero-point energy to launch things across large distances. Like a catapult, only smaller. And orange.

Boosts:
+15 attack
+5 defense
+20 charm
+10 Favor (things flying through the air at great speeds makes for great television)
Massive recoil
-20% enemy attack (enemies can't hit you if they're flying through the air)

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.63 seconds
New Topic Post Reply