Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Why hello there!
 |  Printable Version
Nanobug
 Tuesday, February 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM UTC (Read 7157 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Ok, so its been 3000 clicks and I got CavemanJoe's message asking to stick a couple of bucks in the hat.

Most of you veteran's have probably forgotten the initial stunned looks on your faces when you first found Improbable Island, and how around every corner was something unique, strange, funny, twisted, curious, thought-provoking, and so wonderfully descriptive as to make you close your eyes and imagine you were there, smelling the smells (like the stinking buckets of eels), feeling the breeze (oft-times filled with blood-speckled scraps of the latest improbable creation that you just hacked into a zillion pieces), hearing the clanging of robots, the purring of kittymorphs, the trumpeting of pachyderms, tasting the cool drinks in the tikibar, the barely edible rations, the salty air next to the sea, seeing the cottages, the castles, the gardens, the vistas all over. And kicking budget horse to turn him over in the morning so you can strap your spork/sock of marbles/screwdriver to his back. Or trying to gain favour with the enigmatic Watcher after failing to notice how fast your hit points were running down and then not being able to run away fast enough.

Maybe you are just as stunned now to find new things after all this time, things to surprise and delight you, creatures you have never encountered before, places you have yet to visit, fascinating people you have just recently met.

I've only visited 2 of the 8 outposts so far, and a tiny fraction of the whole island (took me a while to start travelling, I kept getting lost at first). And I am still a male human, haven't worked out what to do to change races, but it looks like it will be fun (Furries? haven't done those much before). I am looking forward to seeing what other crazy things are over the next hill. Visiting all the Elephant Centers scattered around the island. And talking to people a bit more, and roleplaying in this crazy world.

I see lots of interesting things in Hunter's Lodge I might want to buy, some cigarettes would be handy (hard to get otherwise), maybe a selection box (pity there's no deluxe ones available atm), a few other things. At the same time I don't want to buy too much stuff that artificially accelerates me through the game (like requisition tokens). The fun is in the journey, not the destination.

CavemanJoe's message is very refreshing, nice to have some honesty and creativity for a change rather than this faceless capitalism so rampant everywhere. So I will be Paypal-ing some tokens your way CJ, so you can buy some more spam (the edible kind) for your wife and 7 kids (I know, you didn't mention them, that would be pulling our guilty strings too hard).

Maybe later I will think of suggestions to make (although I'm sure thousands of others already have), but for the moment I am just enjoying the roller-coaster ride.

Nanobug

Profile Email
Nanobug
 Tuesday, February 22 2011 @ 02:04 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Arrgh - I wish it had told me that all the items in the selection box would end up weighing 30kg! Now my poor old backpack (that only holds 10 kg) will probably split open and I'll start losing stuff :-(

Off to the Luggage Hut as quickly as possible, hope I don't leave a trail of item-crumbs along the way.

Ok, great, it just makes walking harder, am only losing stamina rather than items. Lucky I woke up only a short while ago.

Whew, made it. Attacked twice on the way, but managed to run away (although running with this backpack is difficult).
Oops, the Standard Backpack only holds 20 kg, need the Improved Backpack, which costs 50 cigarettes CavemanJoe, looks like you are getting some more money.

Ok, got the Improved Backpack, now I think I need a bigger bandolier...

Ok, more paypal-ing, more hunter's lodge, more cigarettes, finally can hold 7 kg.

These cigarettes are going to kill me, especially so many straight in a row. I think I better take a break and give my lungs a rest.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, February 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

So I saw these donations coming in, through my E-mail. And it includes the URL of the page from which you clicked the Donate button. And I'm sitting here imagining you in the Hunter's Lodge, going "Ah, yes, that one." (a coin rattles in a tin mug)

And an exclamation of "Bollocks, now my backpack's full..."

And then, ten minutes later, in the Luggage Hut, stroking your chin and going "The medium one." (sound of coins in a tin mug) "No, wait, the big one." (sound of more coins in a tin mug)

So yeah... I kinda pieced this story together just from the donation URL's - it's awesome when I can do that and then actually get it (nearly) right, because it happens so extremely rarely. Smile

Thanks for your donations!

Profile Email Website
Ashtu
 Tuesday, February 22 2011 @ 02:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

HEEEEEEhehehehehehehe!!!
Caught another one, CMJ!!

(also points Nanobug over toward The Thank-you Thread)

Thank you.

Profile Email
Swede
 Tuesday, February 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Welcome Nano.
Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Profile Email
Nanobug
 Tuesday, February 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Thanks Swede - I am so far.

I bet I'm not the first one to fall for the old "backpack is overflowing and needs to be replaced" trick - you probably designed it like that, didn't you CMJ. Sneaky little bastard. Smile

It felt like a meta "Something Improbable Happened" behind the 4th wall, when in reality it was more likely than improbable.

And I finally get the reference. Location 4. The Place Behind The 4th Wall. The 4th dimension. A space outside of the world. Clever. Didn't work it out until the middle of my dream last night.

Profile Email
Harris
 Tuesday, February 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Dear Dan, Mods, and Nanobug:

I'd like to put in a vote for a "Journals of Nanobug" thread all its own in the Feature Requests, Ideas, and Feedback.
You make me laugh, Sir! (or Ma'am!)
Give us more. Mr. Green

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Nanobug
 Wednesday, February 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Definitely a man, thanks Harris. And not looking at changing just yet. I wasn't very happy with Reginald the flamingo (and the mysterious tiki) in the tikibar down at the Tent on the Shore when I found out not only had I been given a coconut bra, but apparently the goods to fill them as well. Bit of culture shock, landing as a newbie in a strange place and then *things* start changing your body around just to match the bar rules. I'm not going back there till I change my name to one of the people on the list, thank you very much.

Give me time. Perhaps in a few months I'll loosen up and become a 4 foot transgendered purple robot kittymorph, that drinks too much and is not afraid of showing too much naked skin/fur/steel, if there is such a thing.

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Wednesday, February 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Nanobug

Perhaps in a few months I'll loosen up and become a 4 foot transgendered purple robot kittymorph, that drinks too much and is not afraid of showing too much naked skin/fur/steel, if there is such a thing.

Yup, there is such a thing. Its name is Chimental.
Or maybe Reverb.

Thank you.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Wednesday, February 23 2011 @ 01:45 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ashtu

Perhaps in a few months I'll loosen up and become a 4 foot transgendered purple robot kittymorph, that drinks too much and is not afraid of showing too much naked skin/fur/steel, if there is such a thing.

Or maybe Reverb.

No no, that's Reverb. I wear the fishnet stockings, remember?

Well if YOU can think of a better way of getting +10 charm I'd like to hear it.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Nanobug
 Wednesday, February 23 2011 @ 02:50 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Chimental

Quote by: Ashtu

Or maybe Reverb.

No no, that's Reverb. I wear the fishnet stockings, remember?

Well if YOU can think of a better way of getting +10 charm I'd like to hear it.

Um, okaayyy. I was kidding. I didn't expect "Reverb" to just pop up like that (or Chimental, his cousin or whatever).

Then again, it makes me feel a bit psychic. Or maybe I just change reality by thinking about it, and things pop into existence. I better be careful what I think about. Hmmm, could be interesting though... (I predict sexy times ahead)

Profile Email
Iriana
 Wednesday, February 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I better be careful what I think about. Hmmm, could be interesting though... (I predict sexy times ahead)

With Chimental?!?!

But glad to see that you're having as much fun here as the rest of us do! There are transgendered purple robot kittymorphs around here, or things scarily similar, but it's up to you how weird or normal you'd like to be.

Profile Email
Nanobug
 Wednesday, February 23 2011 @ 03:56 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Iriana

I better be careful what I think about. Hmmm, could be interesting though... (I predict sexy times ahead)

With Chimental?!?!

But glad to see that you're having as much fun here as the rest of us do! There are transgendered purple robot kittymorphs around here, or things scarily similar, but it's up to you how weird or normal you'd like to be.

I'm a bit old fashioned. I like to get to know someone first before jumping half naked into the bales of hay in the back of the moving cart with them.

Then again, no matter how romantic that might sound, getting sharp bits of hay stuck into our private places repeatedly, while being bumped up and down inside an out-of-control cart, probably pulled by some manic half-crazed horse, is probably not all that conducive to said sexy times. Probably best to start a little simpler.

Profile Email
Harris
 Wednesday, February 23 2011 @ 05:34 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

You Sir, fit into our little community freakishly well.
But I repeat myself. \;>) (<----my own variation on a winking emoticon)

I'm going to hear "Cabaret" every time I see Chimental posting for the near future...

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Nanobug
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Harris

You Sir, fit into our little community freakishly well.
But I repeat myself. ;>) (<----my own variation on a winking emoticon)

I'm going to hear "Cabaret" every time I see Chimental posting for the near future...

Winking? Maybe I am just perverted, but it looks like two nipples pointing inwards towards a cleavage.

Oh wait, that's only when you combine your winking emoticon with your arrow inside the parenthesis explaining it. I think that is what is called a "happy accident".

Normally I like my cleavages slightly closer together, like so >) (<

Then again, each to his own.

Profile Email
Nanobug
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 03:31 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

That looked better when I wrote it - let's try again:

>)(<

Chimental likes being on stage I would guess. He probably imagines himself in Cabaret, not just listening to it.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 03:49 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh, you're SO getting eaten for that one.

And i resent that remark Ashu. I've been with you in the bedroom often enough for you to know i'm not purple!

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Chimental
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 04:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Reverb

Indeed. You all know I dream of being in Wicked. I'd be the perfect Glenda.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Chef Micha
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Chimental

Indeed. You all know I dream of being in Wicked. I'd be the perfect Glenda.

I'd pay to see that, Chim. All in the bubble apparatus, and the pink dress (and fishnets, natch.)

And welcome, Nanobug!

Profile Email Website
Ashtu
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

And i resent that remark Ashu. I've been with you in the bedroom often enough for you to know i'm not purple!

Lights were off and my eyes were closed. Tightly.

Thank you.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.77 seconds
New Topic Post Reply