Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 Mementos topic
 |  Printable Version
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, May 05 2011 @ 09:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I thought that the items in the backpack were always copies. The moulds are what you have options for in the momento forge in the hunter's lodge. Aren't they?

Profile Email
Maniak
 Saturday, May 07 2011 @ 11:26 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Beeps

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Are you certain those aren't two completely different mementos? The text in the ticket is different...

My point is that the text for the ticket shape was the same, but the second memento sprouted slashes on the apostrophes, and that I we still have no way to tell whether an item in our inventory is a mould or a copy.

That should help. It seems only moulds have the slashies.

I'll add some extra confusion though. Having both the mould and the copy shown in bio removes the slashies again.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Sunday, May 15 2011 @ 05:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

would it be possible for the use text and description text's character limits to be reversed? I'm constantly fighting to fit in a good description instead of half-assing it.

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Wednesday, May 18 2011 @ 01:04 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

So, I finally made my first Memento. This is way too much fun. I foresee quite a bit of writing in my future, and probably donating too.

Can I confirm that names are bolded by default? I carefully wrote it as `bname`b and it came out unbolded - which suggests that I unbolded it by adding those tags.

A suggestion: in your inventory, how about a display of who your mementos are from (if known), and what (if any) attribute they give? Would that be at all easy to code? Or how about the ability for owners to add, say, a tag of 100 characters of reminder-text about this sort of thing?

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Beeps
 Wednesday, May 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Memento names are bolded by default, yes.

If you mean who made the memento, CMJ has said that this is relatively easy, and 'threatened' it once before when there were some troublesome mementos circulating. I would also assume that it's easy to add in something to show the attributes given, since the memento forge page does that as well...

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.43 seconds
New Topic Post Reply