Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Body piercing
 |  Printable Version
Raleigh
 Thursday, May 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM UTC (Read 2979 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

So there's already body modifications in the form of tattoos now, but as i'm sure you know, almost all tattoo parlors do double duty as an inking and piercing place. So im thinking, why doesn't Petra expand? certain bonuses could be available from getting certain peircings, (charm points of course, up or down, slight offensive buffs in the form of intimidation, perhaps at the cost of some defense due to the vulnerability of the piercings themselves.) well? how about it?

Neko-desu!

Profile Email
jakell
 Saturday, May 28 2011 @ 06:30 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Could be fun; we already have a good deal of shiny we can wear on ourselves, why not in us as well? I'd be for it, if just to have something else to parade around in.

Since there's a built in level of pain with the Tattoos, I could see this factor being applied to the piercings as well; When you get the piercing, You could have a defense and charm debuff for a few days. Eventually the pain and vulnerability goes away, your skin would heal up, the shiny would increase your charm a bit, and perhaps even attract the Magpie a little more, too!

Perhaps, there could even be some risk associated with them; i.e. the magpie could have a small chance of tearing out an earring, which would have quite an effect on your charm, let alone if a Prince Albert were available. Owie... I wince just thinking about it.

Profile Email
Raleigh
 Saturday, May 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Ah, at last. a reply. But i thought it was good right? And yeah, of course they'd work a lot like tats with the healing period. And hell, i think there's a market for it among some cool people. Cuz they're sexy. Plus, the game already offers so many other delinquent behaviors, why not permanent bodily mutilation?

Oh god, that... I... Owww.... Eek!

Neko-desu!

Profile Email
jakell
 Saturday, May 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

It could be interesting if you could get different types of piercings depending on your race at the time; it would encourage more testing with the races.

Humans could have a nose piercing, Kittymorphs could have ear rings, Zombies could have neck bolts put in, Robots could have rivets, and mutants and Jokers could have.... something. I can't think of something innovative at the moment...

Profile Email
Raleigh
 Saturday, May 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Say, now there's a thought. I like it. Heh, i could definitely see a joker with an eyebrow ring, that'd be pretty savage. But maybe mutants would be the one race that couldn't get piercings? Because i have NO idea where you would even start looking for a place to pierce. Love the idea of zombies getting some gold neck bolts or something though. That would be awwwwwwesome. And kittymorphs might be able to get gauges in their ears, like the na'vi from avatar, that'd be pretty sweet.

Neko-desu!

Profile Email
Darkmoon
 Saturday, May 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

The way I see this, its almost like something more to the equipment than the tattoos/jewelry. If its going to be 'race' specific, it'd need to have a chance to disappear after DKs, or at least between 'race' changes. If its going to add a buff of some kind that isn't a bonus against certain random encounters, it needs to probably go after each DK.

However, if... perhaps it was something earned.... Something that opened up not on number of DKs but difficulty of DKs.... it could be both helpful AND a reward for surviving through the upper ranks. For example, rank 5 DK could open the basic piercing for your 'race'. Rank 6 DK could open a more fearsome piercing. Rank 7 DK could open up an even MORE painfully fierce piercing and a Bastard DK under your belt opens up the MOST painful option, giving the most bonuses. Obviously anyone willing to partake in said piercing would be both willing to submit themselves to an immense pain AND have a diamond stud through their junk to prove it.

As they say in 'Razorhill' - This is an excellent idea...

Profile Email
Raleigh
 Monday, May 30 2011 @ 03:31 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Well okay, maybe the race specific peircings are a bit much. Not to say its a bad idea, cuz that would be really cool. But in any case, they don't really even have to offer combat bonuses, they could simply be for +/- charm. Or nothing at all! they could just be there because you want them.

Neko-desu!

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Monday, May 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Raleigh

Or nothing at all! they could just be there because you want them.

That's what your Bio's for, no reason to devote man-hours to coding this and beta checking it and all that when there's already a system in place so you can have any piercing you could ever dream of.

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Monday, May 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Did I miss something here? You want to pay Petra to do to you what happens multiple times a day in the Jungle? (That you have to pay to get healed of?)

hehehehehehe

Thank you.

Profile Email
Raleigh
 Monday, May 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Now now, that was only a suggestion. (And i figured it would work like hats where it's a prestiege thing.) Nothing has been decided, so i'm just throwing ideas at the wall here. Having them provide a small combat buff would be ideal i think, so thats what we're aiming for.

Neko-desu!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.37 seconds
New Topic Post Reply