Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 Places: Bug Reports
 |  Printable Version
CavemanJoe
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 07:57 PM UTC (Read 19572 times)  
Forum Admin
Admin

Use this thread to report bugs in the live version of Places on the main server. Smile

Profile Email Website
Matthew
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 08:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

In which case, repost:

Type: Place naming

Details:
Possible bug: I set my Place's external description and name, decorated it, and after doing a few more internal jobs it reset to the 'Untitled Place' thing for no real reason.

edit: happened again. If I set the external place name/description and leave the whole thing alone, it tends to stick, but working on it for a while has a chance to set the name back to Untitled Place with the default description. Not a big deal if you have a barn raiser, but pretty fucking annoying if you don't.

Type: Barn Raiser

Details:
Doesn't set travel or gathering costs to zero. Could be intentional.

CMJ EDIT: Fixed since I closed the last thread. Remember to check that the bug still exists before you post in here! Wink

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 08:20 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Matthew

In which case, repost:

Details:
Possible bug: I set my Place's external description and name, decorated it, and after doing a few more internal jobs it reset to the 'Untitled Place' thing for no real reason.

edit: happened again. If I set the external place name/description and leave the whole thing alone, it tends to stick, but working on it for a while has a chance to set the name back to Untitled Place with the default description. Not a big deal if you have a barn raiser, but pretty fucking annoying if you don't.

Details:

CMJ EDIT: Fixed since I closed the last thread. Remember to check that the bug still exists before you post in here! Wink

Also... okay yeah, since a few folks lost some big stacks of stuff in their Stores, any Barn Raisers used from now will also give you Travel and Gathering for free.

Profile Email Website
ByteKing
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 08:27 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Don't know if this was intentional, but it was VERY needed...

Going over a new day, while still in the Construction Administration, allows you to continue to build with the Barn Raiser.

This is a good thing for now, since currently, it takes at least 1-3 minutes to complete a single task, except decorating, which is actually quite quick. But try adding wood or stone and it takes that long to complete.

Probably just server lag, with everyone trying to build at the same time. I am going to quit after getting a few rooms up and running and wait for the rush to slow down. Eek!

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 08:28 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Quote by: Matthew

In which case, repost:

Details:

Details:

Also... okay yeah, since a few folks lost some big stacks of stuff in their Stores, any Barn Raisers used from now will also give you Travel and Gathering for free.

does gathering include the scapyard?

Profile Email
Trex
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 08:30 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

RE: Losing stockpiles

I have already used my Barn Raiser with the thought that I would be getting the stockpiles back at a later point (I.E. to stop people using the sudden ability to free build to massively expand their previously one room dwelling with 10000 logs and 5000 stone in stock). While I realise this might have been considered a mistake on my part, is there any chance at all that I would be able to reclaim any of the materials I had in my Dwelling's stockpile of materials?

If not, Oh well, I will just have to donate more and drink some more of that delicious delicious tea they sell in the Hunter's Lodge.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 08:49 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well it's difficult to check because I had almost zero idea what was even causing it, but thank you good sir.

Profile Email
Waverly
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I'm not sure if this is really a bug, or if I misunderstood what's being refunded. I had 5 beds and a secret room in my dwelling (Tetto Rosso) none of which got refunded to my account- either the cigs, the beds themselves, or the supporter points. Is there any way to get those back?

Also, just saying- Places are freakin' awesome. I'm loving Pages so much right now. Thanks, CMJ!

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I was cutting a room key, got through player's name, and which door, and then found this waiting on the confirmation page: "You're cutting a Door Key between the Rooms called '' and '' for Returning Contestant Zai, which will cost you 4 Cigarettes - are you sure this is what you want to do?"

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

In the 'dello:

Profile Email
Adder Moray
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Can't seem to get the door to a room to reveal itself for clan members.

I've tried multiple configurations.

C = Clan
H = Hide Door
T = Pass Through
R = Show Door

One program with the Master Setting for the door as hidden

[C] [=] [=]
[R] [=] [=]
[=] [=] [=]

One with Master Setting for the door as showing

[H] [=] [=]
[C] [=] [=]
[R] [=] [=]

Another with Master Setting for the door as showing

[T] [=] [=]
[H] [=] [=]
[C] [=] [=]
[R] [=] [=]

Then two at once with Master Setting for the door as showing

[T] [=] [=]
[H] [=] [=]
[=] [=] [=]

+

[C] [=] [=]
[R] [=] [=]
[=] [=] [=]

None of these have been successful. This wouldn't be a problem, except it's eating into my SP, so if I'm doing something wrong, or if the Clan contrivaance doesn't work or something, I'd really like to know, thanks.

Profile Email
Ageless Insanity
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 06:42 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Adder+Moray

C = Clan
H = Hide Door
T = Pass Through
R = Show Door

Try this instead
P= Command Phrase
U= Unlock door
(P) (=) (=)
(C) (U) (=)
(=) (=) (=)

This worked for me.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Bug:
Place names don't show up on the Contestants list.

Name Location Race Sex Last on
Rookie Maniak places_712_996(Online) Human Male Today

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
thryn
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I'm not totally sure this is a bug, but I just woke up from a 10% bed, and also got the "trim and slender" New Day message and ... um, another one of the "you gain some stamina" ones, but I only started at 110%, not 117.5% or whatever it would have normally been before. Not a huge deal to me, as I'm not a hardcore grinder, but I'm wondering if anyone else is starting out with lower Stam than expected on New Days?

Profile Email
Adder Moray
 Saturday, September 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Ageless+Insanity

Quote by: Adder+Moray

C = Clan
H = Hide Door
T = Pass Through
R = Show Door

Try this instead
P= Command Phrase
U= Unlock door
(P) (=) (=)
(C) (U) (=)
(=) (=) (=)

This worked for me.

The Command Access worked for you, the clan part not so much.

Anyways, getting this error:

Running program ID 25, 'Hide Door' at Room ID 283, 'The Clearing'
Contrivance: Pass Through at row 1, column 1 is being checked
Success at row 1 column 1
Row 1 passed OK
Contraption: Hide Door at row 2, column 1 says: Currently set to hide Door ID 250
Success at row 2 column 1
Row 2 passed OK
Row 3 passed OK
Row 4 passed OK
Running program ID 48, 'Reveal Door' at Room ID 283, 'The Clearing'
Contrivance: Clan at row 1, column 1 says: Currently set to pass if the player is a member of AIB
Failure at row 1 column 1
Row 1 failed. Aborting program ID 48

And I'm certainly a member of AiB, so yeah

And this is what it looks like as one program:

Running program ID 25, 'Hide Door' at Room ID 283, 'The Clearing'
Contrivance: Pass Through at row 1, column 1 is being checked
Success at row 1 column 1
Row 1 passed OK
Contraption: Hide Door at row 2, column 1 says: Currently set to hide Door ID 250
Contraption: Tree Shadows at row 2, column 2 is being checked
Success at row 2 column 2
Contraption: Page Lighter at row 2, column 3 is being checked
Success at row 2 column 3
Row 2 passed OK
Contrivance: Clan at row 3, column 1 says: Currently set to pass if the player is a member of AIB
Failure at row 3 column 1
Row 3 failed. Aborting program ID 25

It's definitely the Clan Contrivance, if the debug doesn't prove it, the fact that I just tested the Tree Shadow with and without it does (works when not under Clan contrivance, doesn't work under it)

Profile Email
ari
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 03:05 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I set a contraption up to show a different text in Hendrix courtyard when it rains Running program ID 79, 'Rain' at Room ID 301, 'Main Courtyard'

Contrivance: Weather at row 1, column 1 says: Currently set to pass if the weather is at status number 5
Failure at row 1 column 1
Contrivance: Weather at row 1, column 2 says: Currently set to pass if the weather is at status number 6
Success at row 1 column 2
Contrivance: Weather at row 1, column 3 says: Currently set to pass if the weather is at status number 7
Failure at row 1 column 3
Row 1 passed OK
Contraption: Hide Room Description at row 2, column 1 is being checked
Contraption: Show Page at row 2, column 2 says: Currently set to show page 'Medium Rain', pageid 198

It works if I go to the courtyard from any internal room in Hendrix but if I access it from the map the Hide Room Description does not work despite the debugging saying it is. The result of this is that I have two similar descriptions of Hendrix, one saying it is raining and one not when I enter from outdoors.

(I accidently created a new topic for this, I meant to just post it here. Whoops)

Profile Email
thryn
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 03:19 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: thryn

I'm not totally sure this is a bug, but I just woke up from a 10% bed, and also got the "trim and slender" New Day message and ... um, another one of the "you gain some stamina" ones, but I only started at 110%, not 117.5% or whatever it would have normally been before. Not a huge deal to me, as I'm not a hardcore grinder, but I'm wondering if anyone else is starting out with lower Stam than expected on New Days?

Didn't happen to me the second time around. Probably just a glitch -- maybe I slept wrong (actually, with the new beds, do you have to use the "Go to sleep" option to activate them?)

Profile Email
Kes
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 03:34 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

This is a rather small thing, but I keep leaving Kestrel and Kagero asleep in customised beds side-by-side, logging on with Kes - once a new day has kicked in - to find the other bed apparently empty, and even being able to log off in it with no trouble. Kagero then logs in to find the following message:

You set up to take your rightful place in this sleeping spot, but someone else has already beaten you to it! Bah!

...and, of course, no stamina boost from it. Not really a problem for me, but I'm curious to see whether other people are getting this too.

Profile Email
Kes
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 06:16 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

...here's a funny one: I'm getting the opportunity to kick people who aren't even in my Place. A thorough search of it revealed no-one even lurking, and a sheepish Distraction to one of the names came back with the reply that there were in another Place entirely. Cue much confusion and bafflement and temptation to click the 'kick' button and see what happens.

(I didn't.)

Profile Email
Harris
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

----Screwup. Actual message in next post.----

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.77 seconds
New Topic Post Reply