Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > In-Game New Topic Post Reply
 BREAKING NEWS!! WATCHER SIGHTED!
 |  Printable Version
Ashtu
 Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM UTC (Read 6147 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

This just in - The Watcher was alleged seen in the The Prancing Spider Kitty (a popular pub in Improbable Central)(allegedly in disguise) , allegedly sharing a brew of unknown origin with an unknown contestant. A sometimes (occasionally) usually reliable source claims she allegedly disclosed plans for a vendetta against The Stranger, an alleged perpetrator of alleged torture/murder schemes against multiple alleged contestants. More to allegedly follow as it allegedly becomes available!

(Allegedly.)

Thank you.

Profile Email
tehdave
 Thursday, September 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ashtu

This just in - The Watcher was alleged seen in the The Prancing Spider Kitty (a popular pub in Improbable Central)(allegedly in disguise) , allegedly sharing a brew of unknown origin with an unknown contestant. A sometimes (occasionally) usually reliable source claims she allegedly disclosed plans for a vendetta against The Stranger, an alleged perpetrator of alleged torture/murder schemes against multiple alleged contestants. More to allegedly follow as it allegedly becomes available!

(Allegedly.)

LIES AND SLANDER! SLAY THE NASTY RUMOUR!
And besides, we had a very nice time. I did have to remind her I was married, though...

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
A Bad Joker
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 12:26 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Why is this Watcher? I should like to her acquaintance meet?

I'm so, so lonely so

Profile Email
Swede
 Saturday, September 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I still have to get her invitation
Even after being failboated a couple of times now

Is this one of those quest which is tied to the Stranger?
I ran so I'm locked out of it?

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Saturday, September 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Swede

yup.

Profile Email
Swede
 Sunday, September 25 2011 @ 06:27 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Quote by: Swede

yup.

Confused
I do hope this isn't going to be a reoccurring thing with all new writing.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Monday, September 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Contrivance: Met Stranger
Now you too can lock characters out of all sorts of content because they had a sense of self-preservation!

This was why I was really wary of choosing any option in the newest story installment, and forcing the player to make multiple decisions on minutiae felt like it was specifically designed to screw people out of story options. YOU CHOSE HEADS, YOU'LL NEVER SEE STORY LINE X HA HA HA.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Monday, September 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Beeps

Contrivance: Met Stranger
Now you too can lock characters out of all sorts of content because they had a sense of self-preservation!

This was why I was really wary of choosing any option in the newest story installment, and forcing the player to make multiple decisions on minutiae felt like it was specifically designed to screw people out of story options. YOU CHOSE HEADS, YOU'LL NEVER SEE STORY LINE X HA HA HA.

...can that contrivance be a real thing? I need it.

And as to the minutae, I thought I was being all clever. I was in a video chat with Dev's narr. when I started the quest. "You shoose heads, I'll choose tails. FUCK, another option. Guess we're screwed (until Buddleia manages to compile everything)."

Profile Email
Beeps
 Monday, September 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Now that I think about it, I could see a "Has module value x" contrivance set (Module value X greater than, equal to, less than, partial match, exact match) being really useful, but you'd have to have an in-depth knowledge of the codebase to make use of it, and with the Labs/Github a sunk ship, you'd be locked out of any story events that have happened since May.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Monday, September 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Beeps

Now that I think about it, I could see a "Has module value x" contrivance set (Module value X greater than, equal to, less than, partial match, exact match) being really useful, but you'd have to have an in-depth knowledge of the codebase to make use of it, and with the Labs/Github a sunk ship, you'd be locked out of any story events that have happened since May.

That actually sounds like exactly what I need. I've got one bit that's supposed to display during Stern's museum quest, and one that's supposed to display after you meet The Stranger. Right now, I'm just hoping they hit both those before they visit the dwelling.

Profile Email
wvf
 Monday, October 03 2011 @ 06:50 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Dear CaveMan Joe: We sure as hell need a way to go back and restart storylines. Excluding people for making a wrong snap decision based on half a line of text is just mean. It at least needs little (end story) or (continue story) markers. At least.

"Use pillow."

(from ctrl-alt-delete)

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Monday, October 03 2011 @ 04:50 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: wvf

Dear CaveMan Joe: We sure as hell need a way to go back and restart storylines. Excluding people for making a wrong snap decision based on half a line of text is just mean. It at least needs little (end story) or (continue story) markers. At least.

Read this thread over here.

Profile Email
wvf
 Thursday, October 06 2011 @ 03:00 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Oh, yay! Big Grin All is right and good with the world... relatively speaking.

Profile Email
Aeridus
 Thursday, November 03 2011 @ 01:37 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I still haven't seen The Watcher in The Prancing Spider Kitty, despite having completed the previous part of the storyline without running away. Am I supposed to buy a drink or something to trigger her appearance? I've gone in and out many times, and Failboated a few times, and killed the drive since the new content was released.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Thursday, November 03 2011 @ 01:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Aeridus

I still haven't seen The Watcher in The Prancing Spider Kitty, despite having completed the previous part of the storyline without running away. Am I supposed to buy a drink or something to trigger her appearance? I've gone in and out many times, and Failboated a few times, and killed the drive since the new content was released.

Have you gotten a Distraction from her yet?

Also, there's another part of the quest regarding Mr. Stern and Corporal Punishment before this part (also triggered via Distraction from Mr. Stern), and then another bit with The Stranger (also also activated via Distractions). I think only then do you get to see The Watcher at the PSK.

I don't think you can back out of either of those... Confused

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Aeridus
 Thursday, November 03 2011 @ 02:29 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Ah, I might have to visit the museum then. I haven't gone there in ages. I definitely got a Distraction from The Watcher!

Edit: Aha! While I did do the museum quest, I haven't visited Basic Training in for-freaking ever. PLOT!! Thanks for nudging me along. Big Grin

Profile Email
brad000123
 Monday, November 05 2012 @ 05:48 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

@wvf nice cartoon lol , funny

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.59 seconds
New Topic Post Reply