Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Everything Else New Topic Post Reply
 Change your II CSS layout (ie remove the top banner)
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: miriax
 Friday, October 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM UTC (Read 2453 times)  

This will change the site font to Times New Roman, change the text entry box color, and hide the header, banner, and footer. If you know how to manipulate CSS, you can customize the site even further.

I made this because the header/banner with the skullfucking rabbit takes up far too much room, that I would rather use by filling up with text. Then I realized the font could be tweaked slightly to be what I want, and it snowballed form there.

Note: removing the footer is something of a legal grey area. I know all the copyright info, I don't care about the page fetch time, and I'm not trying to rip anything off, so I think I fall under the permissible area, but if CMJ doesn't like it, I'll gladly replace it without complaint. This could also be used for an excellent prank, to remove the navbar, leaving a player bewildered and unable to do anything.

Go download Stylish and add the following code to the themes manager:

PHP Formatted Code
/* global settings */

/* use this to hide stuff:   .class {display: none !important;} */
body {
        font-family:"bookman old style", serif;

input, select, submit, textarea {
    background: #AF9778;
    border: 1px solid #222222;
    color: #111111;
        font-family: "calibri", serif;

h2 {
        font-variant: small-caps;
        text-shadow: 2px 2px 1px #AF9778;

.siteheader {
   display: none !important;
        background:url(top.png) repeat-x bottom;

.footerinfo {

.sitefooter {
        background:url(bottom.png) repeat-x;

Apply the style to "URLs in the Domain: www.improbableisland.com". Enable, and you're done.

Anonymous: miriax
 Friday, October 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM UTC  

Just now, I got annoyed at how the Places flavor text sometimes takes up a page and a half and obscures the map. I never, ever use Places, and this leaves the links to enter Places in the left side NavBar intact, while removing all of the flavor text from above the map. Thus, while travelling, you are only interupted from seeing the map by something actually happening. This is AMAZINGLY useful for titan hunting and crate finding, because this makes it impossible to miss the two lines of text for crates or titans.

Somebody let me know if they like what I'm doing. I happen to know enough CSS to reshape some of the annoying features of the layout, so I do it.

I added this snippet to the stuff in my earlier post.

PHP Formatted Code

.trdark {

.trlight {

EDIT: My first bug. This code snippet doesn't just effect showing Places. It also hides your inventory and any other table rows in place. However, it takes two seconds to disable, so if you need to see your inventory, disable it and turn it back on for travelling.

Friday, October 21 2011 @ 08:31 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I've been rather successful using AdBlock Plus to remove the banner. A tad quicker than learning CSS. But it does give me a nice idea. Is it possible to re-order the right nav bar with this? It's been a long-standing annoyance with a lot of players. I've contemplated (learning and) writing a GreaseMonkey script for it, but if it's easier to do via CSS, that's great.

What I NEED to see every pageload is simple.
Vital Info
Personal Info

I don't mind scrolling for the info I don't need immediately, like Equipment info, Game State, the three links to Global Banter, the state of the weather..

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Miriax_Again
 Monday, October 31 2011 @ 05:23 AM UTC  

Ugh, the forgot password link didn't work for my old account for whatever reason. Maybe I fed the forums my email with a typo.

Anyway, yes Maniak, I can hide those bits so you can see your Buffs without scrolling. I can even show you how to do do it *only* on jungle fight pages. However, notice my wording: It would hide the banter and weather. Not move it down. However, do you need either of those during Jungle fights? As long as it's normal the rest of the time I think you'll be happy.

I figured out how to solve the bug above; make the CSS alteration apply only to Travel pages.

I'm not sure how to do two URL filters at once, and if you filter it, it will ONLY apply to Jungle fights, not other fights. At least, I'm pretty sure. I'll take a second look at the code tomorrow, it's early morning over here and I need to sleep. Maybe I can figure out how to hide Dwellings and do what you want all in one go. I'll gladly do custom CSS for you, Maniak. You've been a great help to me.

Content generated in: 0.09 seconds
New Topic Post Reply