Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Cyber City idea
 |  Printable Version
Tag
 Friday, December 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM UTC (Read 2574 times)  
Forum Newbie

I, during a discussion with a roleplaying associate, came up with an idea for Cyber City that would both increase traffic to the are and encourage more variety in the species.

Though I am quite new to the game, these two problems have immediately made themselves evident to me. While I enjoy the idea of becoming a robot in game, and plan on becoming one at one point soon, I am slightly put off by the idea it can not eat, and therefore can not gain stamina the same way the rest of the races may. I am not suggesting we put normal digestive systems in the robots, as I'm sure has been suggested before, I am suggesting killing two birds with one stone.

The reason traffic to CC04 is slow, as I'm sure all of you are well aware, is that, though it is a lovely place to roleplay, taking to the jungle is difficult. The nearest place to gain stamina the normal route is Pleasant, which takes a large amount of stamina due to the unique terrain surrounding the outpost.

I propose a diner is constructed in the outpost, though not a normal one. Each food has a special reason races other than robots(and sometimes other races) can not eat it, being fatal for such "uncivilized" digestive systems. I've slightly drafted, along with Shi. These can easily be altered, removed , or added to. What I've come up with so far is as follows, in no particular order, with possible side effects:

Micro-chips -- Gives stamina to robots; Cuts the mouth of Kittymorphs, Humans, Zombies, and Jokers, taking stamina and sometimes hitpoints; No effect on Mutants
Holo-steak(with a crunchy center) -- Gives stamina to robots; gives a debuff to Kittymorphs, Humans, Jokers and Mutants, slowly taking stamina and hitpoints as they fight; No effect on Zombies
Petrol-shake -- Gives stamina to all races, extra to Robots; Mutants receive a buff of "Fire-breathing," which gives damage to monsters every round. This can apply to Jokers, depending on whether it's a good or bad Joker day; Kittymorphs, Humans, Zombies, and Jokers(on a bad joker day) lose hitpoints, though they gain stamina.
Flaming Fusion Flambe -- The big juicy meaty steak of robots. This atomic powered delicacy, if injested by anything other than a robot, it sends them immediately to the FailBoat with an increased adrenaline and number of fights you can attend in the cages. (a special treat for those collecting favor and trying to level up their fighting stats without accidentally DKing)

These all would require tons of writing to get on the server, but they would be worth it to encourage Island diversity and travel.

Profile Email
Shi
 Sunday, January 01 2012 @ 09:13 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

just wanted to note my support for this idea. I wanted something that'd also occasionally take out everyone else currently in the outpost, but I realise that would be a little unsporting. Wink

Profile Email
Tag
 Sunday, January 01 2012 @ 09:18 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Maybe everyone in the Jungle at the time can get a stamina debuff. That's plenty unsporting, but sporting enough for TV. Everyone gets a page that says the jungle is burning down and you get some insane burns, though you quickly begin hacking at the nearest monster.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Monday, January 02 2012 @ 03:34 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Any option for which the player will only get negative results and never positive will never be used again after the first time. All these negatives are effectively the same as simply not allowing the other races to buy the food in the first place.

However, the Petrol-Shake is on the right track: it makes race a deeper choice because different races have to read it differently, it's enticing to all players because everyone can get something good out of it (I assume you accidentally left out midgets?), and it's interesting because some of the races have to weigh the tradeoff of lost hitpoints for continued stamina.

The FFF is an inventive idea, though the actual value of those perks are dependent on whatever is replace Watcher Armor/Weapon Upgrade and how much people care about upping their skill exp.

Profile Email
Tag
 Monday, January 02 2012 @ 03:56 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Like I said, it's all up to change, and I welcome that.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Thursday, January 05 2012 @ 02:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I love this idea, but then, I love any idea that supports jungle fighting in CC404. Big Grin

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

However, the Petrol-Shake is on the right track: [...] (I assume you accidentally left out midgets?)

Two words: Atomic. Farts.

More thoughts:
Micro-chips for midgets: no effect. they pocket them with the intention of stripping them later for precious metals!
Holo-steak for midgets: Super midget rage! ("feckin' rippoff, innit?!")

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, January 05 2012 @ 07:14 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Tag

I, during a discussion with a roleplaying associate...

I like you. I have no taste, but I like you.

Oh, and enthusiastic yes yes yeses to Cyber City "foods" like these...and a definite YEA to the Petrol Shake ideas. All of them.

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Thursday, January 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Now that we have the Glass and Mirror with 'light booths' for robots, I'm wondering...

-- will this make robots more playable?
-- how much will it help with keeping CC404 unbreached?

What do you guys think?

Profile Email
Trowa
 Thursday, January 12 2012 @ 02:36 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Now that we have the Glass and Mirror with 'light booths' for robots, I'm wondering...

-- will this make robots more playable?
-- how much will it help with keeping CC404 unbreached?

What do you guys think?

I don't know yet, but I do know I'm going to give it a try! Big Grin

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Omega
 Thursday, January 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm trying a Robot now, and I have to say that I like the new pub! However, it's still very hard for me to play Robots properly.

One reason because it takes too much stamina to heal. I don't know why healing is set-rate while overheating and damaging yourself is a percentage of your health, but it's messing with me something bad. It's almost impossible to play Robots as well as any other race, but New players will have a better time, probably.

Another thing is multiple monsters. Multiple monsters don't give you a chance to end the battle quickly, no matter how high you overclock yourself. If I overclock just three times and I fight, say, Eight Pyramids. The battle will invariably be a free ticket to the failboat because there's no time to cool down. Thus, I run away from all fights with more than three monsters as a Robot.

Robots are awesome for building, though! Discount on Stamina, boost for experience, and larger green area.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Friday, January 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

"Your system guaranteed stable at 150 degrees. Oh no, it's 151 degrees, the entire processor might melt down!"

Chance of high damage is silly at low heat levels. Make it no-risk while the heat bar's still green, and then increment the damage dealt when something bad actually happens at yellow and red.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.41 seconds
New Topic Post Reply