Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > In-Game New Topic Post Reply
 New Home Dilemma
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Remedial+Cookie
 Tuesday, January 31 2012 @ 06:05 AM UTC (Read 7538 times)  

So, none of this is in response to any one person, or meant to insult anyone. New Home is where I call home and the people there are those I call friends.

That said, the current state of New Home is really troubling me. The attitude of New Home has become really... lax. The unwritten rules to avoid violence and keep some of the more risque stuff out has gone almost out the window. NH, as much as I love it, has become a hot bed of hook ups and drama. And that's fine... for dwellings.

I'm not sure what to do, and want some insight. I know I can always call a mod, but I hate becoming that person. Eben, come here. Z, come here. MOM, they're touching me. Make them stooop.

SOOO, Islandites. I come to ask... Is this just me? Am I the only one who's disturbed by this? And are there constructive ways to deter others from doing this?

Buddleia
 Tuesday, January 31 2012 @ 07:12 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

You are far from the only person to feel that way. There was a thread about this last year back in 2010, and there is still a fair amount of comment in gchats. I recommend a browse of it - some very good points and things to think about, including suggests for what to do. (What I mostly do is the easy way out, sadly - avoid Newhome and Kittania.)

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Agelmar
 Thursday, February 02 2012 @ 08:56 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I have yarned about this to everyone who will listen (and some people who won't) and it's become an annoyance for me, as I feel sort of pushed out of the outposts in which I've logged so many hours in. There's a lot of Nattering ahead and it's really just exposition on my reasoning, thoughts, and justification. The short answer for all you tl;dr'ers is at the bottom where you usually look for it. Or is it in the middle? Did I hide it in the first word of every sentence? Oh, bother. Anyway! Talking ahead! Rough words off the port bow, Cap'n!

I understand that in the current state of things (to repeat Remidial's comment; not to point fingers at anyone in particular at all) my character isn't the best of the social types. AgelMara has become a rough, combative person. She's lewd, she's jeering, she's disgusting at times, and she finds amusement in the misfortune of others. Truly, this is only an evolution of the character I first wanted to introduce to the Island, well over two years ago.

Writing Mara in the past, she's done some things for 'fun' that aren't too fun for other people, though it's done with everyone being given a choise to follow along or not. She's set off smoke pots and noisemakers in Newhome before, torched the lawn of the common grounds to burn the Jackalope Flag in the grass, started loud and incoherent arguments on the Failboat, all to just name a few as well as give you an idea, if you're not familiar, of the raucous and bawdy side of the character I play. While maybe not entirely welcomed, this is how I've played my character for a long time, and generally without complaint (except where there was, in which case I would correct). I liked playing a character that wasn't perfect or made to be lovable or cute or what have you. I wanted a character that was a person and would be that person whatever anybody said to them.

Still not seeing how this relates? Don't worry; I'm getting there. I've established that my character got up to shenanigans in his(subsequently, and now currently and permanently 'her') heyday. She did as she liked; and I as the narrator did my best to make sure that the play wasn't too rough or scary or YOU MUST BE INVOLVED IN THIS RAARGH. I made the 'events' open-ended; whatever she did in Outposts, while perhaps close to violence, never was lethal and always written so as to give other players a choise to evade or at worst be stunned or maybe comically blinded or deafened. People knew the standards of my character, knew my style, and knew that I was smart enough to not intend to hurt other characters.

This changed.
[YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ THIS PART IT'S PROBABLY JUST ME BEING BITCHY MYSELF]
Now, this is pointing fingers (but not naming names). If you know what I'm talking about, I'm probably disappointed in you.
My first twitch, the first idea, if you'll pardon my French, that I got that shit was bad, was when I decided to do one of those little pranks Mara does and has done for a long time. In Kittania. Some of you are probably groaning and rolling your eyes by this point, if you hadn't already upon seeing me make a post. Back onto my story: Mara plays a prank. I don't know if any of you have friends like this but it's the sort of prank where someone does something to startle everyone and then has a big laugh about it. Everything went horribly awry. I made two posts to detail my character initiating the prank, and from there it shot straight downhill and smashed into the bottom of the gorge, ending with two concussions, temporary blindness, shrapnel in several people, blood everywhere, and then some hasty retconning after. I was being berated in Banter for starting such a thing and being guilt-tripped as someone moaned about how their character will NEVER EVER NEVER GO TO KITTANIA AGAIN BECAUSE OF YOUUUU. This matter was cleared up when I explained OOC that the device used was nonlethal, I hadn't instigated shit, and they all were ultimately responsible for what happened to their characters, more so since I didn't make a single post after lobbing a concussive (read: nonlethal) explosive device at the fountain. Well! All that is done with. I don't see myself as responsible for that matter, though I was told I should have been aware of the crowd in Kitt and their propensity for antics of the Llama-scented type. It's behind us. The only reason I detail it here is to help the reader understand the first kick I got as to the state of Outposts. From there... It went downhill. People got touchier, bitchier, more complain-ier.

YOU CAN START READING FROM HERE AGAIN, THIS NOW HAS RELEVANCE]
Most recently I've found myself unable to roleplay in Outposts unless I'm with a party of friends. This is Bad. This is straying close to the cliqueishness that I don't like seeing. But the fact is; II has stopped becoming fun for me. Or, 'random' interactions have. The way I've become used to playing my character is not not accepted by the populace. Constantly it seems that I'm barraged with cries of 'you can't do that!' and 'I'm telling a mod' and 'no violence in Outposts!', and it takes away my 'fun'. The only fun I get is with people I know, usually with some party which has been preordained though gTalk and then run in a Dwelling because the Outpost is too cray-cray. See, I'm a stubborn person. I won't change myself or Mara to appease you lot. For one, I abide by the rules already. (it's not hard to do) For another, I've received a lot of positive support from players I respect and appreciate, and their good words weigh more than all the bad words I've ever heard from anybody. I don't want to cause strife, and I'm already experienced in butting my head on the brick wall that is NewHome and Kittania. Any sort of attempt at reason usually ends with (after me being right, of course (of course I'm right (Pff, I'm always right (except for that one ti(No. Always right.))))) --ends with, I say, me being told to take it up with the Mods. Well, honestly I don't care enough to bother our moderators with the trivial stuff. I have alternatives, and while it's a blow, I take Buddleia's path and just avoid Outposts entire unless I spot someone I appreciate in one of them.

TL;DR HERE --SPOONFEED FOR YOU LAZY DON'T-LIKE-TO-READ TYPES
Well, that's a lot of typing. I feel like it will be out of place and someone will admonish me for it, but I said a lot of my feelings on this matter and at least I got them out. Maybe someone will appreciate it. If you didn't read it all, well the short of it is: NewHome, and the other Outposts, have become cliqueish, to my eyes. It's a clique I'm not a part of and I'm done being angry about it and I've given up my resentments over it. All I can do now is be creative and have fun my own way; which for me is to stick to Dwellings, Clan Events, and private parties with characters of players I know.

P.S: This is probably the third post I've made on any sort of forums anywhere in the last four years and the style is very different for me and what I'm used to writing in. I apologise if this is out of the norm or strayed off-topic somewhere. This is just my 2p and it can be taken or left where it is.
Unless it offends. Somehow.

They all think I'm crazy, but I know better. It is not I who are crazy. It is I who am MAD!

Profile Email
spandex
 Thursday, February 02 2012 @ 01:18 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I like AceHigh. I'll look for you around, Agelmar.

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, February 02 2012 @ 06:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Ag, not out of place or inappropriate at all.

Cookie, what everyone else said, with an emphasis on "lead by example", and an extra, Hey you, Agelmar,and anyone else who wants, Distract me if you'd like some company. If I'm on, I'll happily join you in some shenanigans. (That's about all my character's made out of!). Strength is numbers certainly doesn't hurt, y'know.

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Thursday, February 02 2012 @ 08:15 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'll admit it, I've done my share of telling people off for stupid shit before. I'm not a mod, this place would have fall apart a long time ago if I was. Wink

But too often, anything done on outposts that doesn't involve sitting down to tea get looks of disapproval from banter. God help you if you don't raise your pinkie.

[Time for my anecdote]

My midget character was once told off for thinking the word "gangbang" in Newhome. thinking it. Just thinking a word is enough for a player to interrupt story with an OOC demand for me to go to banter (before even posting in banter to see if I was watching there). I was summarily crucified for making a sexual reference on a +18 game featuring fetid midget brothels.

The mods smiled kindly on me that day, and I've heard more recently they're trying to end player modding. I've enjoyed ripping someone a new one for being a fucktwit, but I only did it when they were really messing up. There's hoards of little wannabes who will attack anything they see that doesn't fit with their puritanical vision of the island. It is, in part, thanks to those people that outposts are shit.

Another problem is godmodders. If every physical problem can be solved by a snap of the fingers, then what's left? They keep ramping up until you've got concussive grenades throwing football-size chunks of shrapnel, and beyond that, once every problem is solvable in moments without having to exert effort (or, more importantly, write a long scene about it), then all that's left to do is shag and start drama. I saw, quite a while ago, Quinn trying to start a scene in newhome. I can't remember the details of it, but another character walked up and ended it before it began. Devorah once was trying to find someone to give her a haircut. Someone was about to do it with a hatchet. Hilarious, right? That would be an awful haircut, and probably wouldn't be able to cut through all the hair. It would be awful, and it would be fun. Too bad someone happened to have scissors that they "found" in a bag, and waved them in front of people's faces until they just couldn't be ignored anymore.

It's seemingly insignificant garbage like that that makes outposts less fun.

What's the solution? I don't know. Anything I can think of would be far too heavy-handed, or not technologically possible (can I reach through the internet to knock people upside the head?) But I do wish people would let scenes develop, not race to solve problems first.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, February 02 2012 @ 09:23 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: dizzyizzy

I do wish people would let scenes develop, not race to solve problems first.

The trouble is, dramatic tension (and this applies to all forms of fiction) all too often depends upon nobody involved ever thinking to do something sensible.

Experienced writers know this and control for it. But there's no sign at the entry gate to the Island saying "You must be this experienced as a writer to play this game." So experienced writers on the Island also have to control for the fact that they are playing with other people, some of whom are only just starting in on creative writing and still have a lot to learn.

What you describe isn't godmodding. It's someone trying to participate, but playing a character who's reacting with common sense instead of comedy sense. (If you saw someone in real life about to try to give a haircut with a hatchet, come on, wouldn't you try to talk them into using scissors instead?) To do something different requires 1) recognizing that this is a Comic Scene, not just some player being a dangerous idiot, 2) thinking up some action that will make things more disastrous (that is, funnier), not better.

(That's harder than it sounds. I'm a problem-solver by reflex myself. For me, the benefit of experience only amounts to this: I have at last learned to stay out of scenes where the problems shouldn't be solved.)

Anyway. By the law of averages, if you set a comic scene in a crowded outpost, especially NewHome, you are nearly always going to run into someone who will, one way or another, with the best intentions in the world, ruin it. If you want to do a set piece with no interference, then do it someplace less crowded. You'll have a smaller audience, and they'll just read and chuckle, but that's all right, if that's what you want. If, on the other hand, you want to do an audience-participation comedy, then you need to think ahead and design your comic situation to be proof against common-sense!

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Thursday, February 02 2012 @ 10:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Quote by: dizzyizzy

I do wish people would let scenes develop, not race to solve problems first.

The trouble is, dramatic tension (and this applies to all forms of fiction) all too often depends upon nobody involved ever thinking to do something sensible.

Experienced writers know this and control for it. But there's no sign at the entry gate to the Island saying "You must be this experienced as a writer to play this game." So experienced writers on the Island also have to control for the fact that they are playing with other people, some of whom are only just starting in on creative writing and still have a lot to learn.

What you describe isn't godmodding. It's someone trying to participate, but playing a character who's reacting with common sense instead of comedy sense. (If you saw someone in real life about to try to give a haircut with a hatchet, come on, wouldn't you try to talk them into using scissors instead?) To do something different requires 1) recognizing that this is a Comic Scene, not just some player being a dangerous idiot, 2) thinking up some action that will make things more disastrous (that is, funnier), not better.

The modding, in this case, came from having the scissors. It's entirely plausible that they had them, I admit. It didn't pass the sniff test to me, though. They pulled them out of their backpack. When asked, they said they "found them somewhere". This is easy to do. I've fallen into the trap a few times, admittedly (Including one particularly flagrant infraction it took me a year to convince Dev to let me retcon). I try to guard against it, because I know some people like playing certain things. I, personally, find it annoying when players "just find" instruments. I try to be courteous to others in the same way I hope they are to me.

I've probably mentioned this before, but in The Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis describes Hell as a place where anyone can get anything they want. This results in people living further and further from each other as petty quarrels result in neighbors just imagining up themselves a new house. Scarcity is what holds communities together. Without it, all we're left with are petty quibbles about who shagged who all that noise.

Profile Email
Twosocks Monkey
 Thursday, February 02 2012 @ 11:54 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

You know, I have been feeling down on NewHome and Kittania lately myself, but your comment gave me pause Sessine. It's easy to feel like someone is doing it wrong, or ruining the game, and in fact, quite a lot of people are just experimenting with writing.

Thanks for the reminder. I really appreciate it.

Sometimes I feel so invested in the Island I forget it's really here for many different people for many different reasons, and serves a totally different function for everyone.

Seriously, not being facetious, thanks.

Big Grin

-Rose

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, February 02 2012 @ 11:58 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Dizzy, as godmodding goes, having a pair of scissors about one's person is hardly that extreme.
Your point is valid, it's better if they hadn't had the scissors. "I found them somewhere." is some sort of post hoc justification come up with when challenged. Why were you challenging them like that?

In New Home in particular, accept that those sort of things, honest mistakes, are going to happen. It's the place for new, inexperienced players. If you play there, then know that.

In the 'scissors' example, would it not have been better to talk to them, in character, something along the lines of -

"Hello there. You've got scissors? I'd let them use the hatchet, I can't wait to see the haircut. Are you new here then?"

So disuade the scissors gently, and try to include them.

If you (I'm talking to everybody here, not just Dizzy) go steaming in with an accusatory "Why are you doing that?", then it's unhelpful. It's bad feeling on your part. Hippy wisdom no.29846: Shit breeds shit breeds shit breeds shit. You're just making somebody else feel bad as well, and then they're more likely to assume a defensive stance. You've stopped communicating and started fighting instead. Bad shit. It just escalates, probably until they leave the Island.

If you feel the need to distract somebody, then always always ALWAYS - start with 'Hello and welcome to the Island' and then finish with 'I hope that you enjoy yourself here.' If you can, add, 'If there's anything that I can do to help, then please don't hesitate to distract me.' You might want to mention that you won't be on here all the time, and so perhaps Location 4 might be a better place for questions.

And mean it. Don't just say it because you feel you ought to, through gritted teeth. Don't say it so that you can feel good about yourself, what a wonderful person you are. Say it because they're another person and you care about them, purely and simply for themselves in their own right. I can assure you, that even from an entirely selfish point of view, your own enjoyment of the Island will be much enhanced.

EDIT: Back to Dizzy again. No, you hadn't mentioned that CS Lewis quote before, at least not in my hearing (reading). Cheers, it's a good one.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Friday, February 03 2012 @ 12:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I was doing, during the scene, what was probably even less helpful than challenging them: lurking silently. Laughing Out Loud

I can't rememver who challenged them, but it came across well. Good for you, forgotten person. Smile

Profile Email
CheshireCat
 Friday, February 03 2012 @ 02:18 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I'm partially guilty for this current issue in NewHome. I'm working on getting better. But my suggestion is, as players, make an event for the public. A hoe-down in Kittania (that was a while ago, granted - I haven't been on much) or a tea party in NewHome. Something relatively innocuous. But it's something for a new player to come in and do. Else, those outposts aren't used or directed around by older players who have a sense of how things should work around here. If you, as a writer, can't do that with your current character, either prod your buddy into doing it or make a new character to do so with.

People quickly devolve into cliques, and I'm among the first to do so. But what makes a group fun is constantly getting new people in it. The core group of your best buds may stay the same, but everyone rotates in and out, even them.

I don't mind the cliques, but breaking into one as a new player can be a pain in the arse. And if people do hide in their dwellings, then they're harder to get to know. That said, if you know you're doing a dramatic scene, keep it away from the outposts. Silliness is a trademark here at II, and that's what attracted me to the roleplaying side in the first place.

Make a rube-goldberg machine that anyone can add a part do.

Organize a small dance where you grab people at random to join in.

Sing songs with reckless abandon.

Just go have some fun.

The Island's Most Married Kittyjoker.

Profile Email
Agelmar
 Friday, February 03 2012 @ 08:42 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Um, yes. Dizzy here knows that I share his views on random-ass contrivances and 'oh I found it' bits. I learned that lesson well in my earlier times when Agelmar would give out gifts he found in the Jungle, some not really canon. These would be ignored or conveniently lost. I recall wondering at that. Joseph Kemys still has that cane made from the Gestalt Treebranch, but he didn't ever EQUIP the BEN STILLER SHADES, and in fact didn't mention them after my character gave them to him. Wow, I thought, it's not that he doesn't like me... But this thing which is related to MSPA and not this weird Island stuff got ignored, but an item which was described as being painstakingly whittled out of something in-canon was met with enthusiasm. I wonder what that could mean? Well I put my brain to the task and eventually it chugged out an answer. I just made my first example of Good Roleplaying over one in Bad. Oh, the pride I felt. From then on, everything was thought out deliberately. Not only was Logic applied to a character idea but I also asked myself, Does this fit on II? MY character was one who tried to make sense out of the madness. After a long while of playing II I don't DK much, and in fact only have a few barely-formed ideas on what a JokerMara would be like (not good).

See, Mara's appearance of inferiority is a carefully considered choice. If I wanted a powerful Joker who had Improbability backfire on her (sometimes literally backfire, in the explosive sense), then I certainly could manage it. If you all can DK in a day just to prove you can, then if I so chose I could have reached Joker Rank in two years. But I didn't, and because of reasons.

I like being where I am. I like writing life out to be a struggle for my character. I like having to explain and describe every little thing. It's details that I love. It's human interaction that I love writing, and as Dizzy said, when you've got everything you want, other people just don't matter. I've seen this demonstrated quite a few times in our newer characters, and try to set an example. Mara describing her exploits. Mara field-stripping her pistol for a quick clean, maybe discussing her experiences in handloading captured brass. Day-to-day stuff. Beeps and I were talking about the one time Mara pulled together a flamethrower using scrap metal from CC404, empty propane tanks, the frame from a stripped-down Crossbow, and an armload of hosing in Kittania. I'm a nut for this stuff.

Now again this is me projecting my starvation for human interaction and getting all long-winded. I'll cut it down here, as well as backpedal and justify how this can be relevant rather than my opinion running off on a tangent. My point for the paragraphs above is this; I like the mundane stuff. It gets me more XP for roleplay bonuses. It's fun to do. Or at least, it's fun when it's appreciated. When it's ignored I feel like a pervert, masturbating over his little masochistic fetish. I feel the odd one out, 'that one guy who actually does manual labour'. I used to think that these sort of little exhibitive acts were good and well-appreciated. I was being applauded and patted on the head and I felt like a somebody oh boy oh boy oh boy. Well, that petered off. I became Manuel, the labour guy like I said above (oh that sounds wrong now, he's onto the messican jokes), and nobody liked to talk to me. My old standard of 'lead by example' stopped helping anyone. I wasn't interesting. I didn't make fantastical machines on a jungle island where you're supposed to be shitting in the bushes. I didn't have a bag of everything in it.* I wasn't on the 'in' crowd. That's what got me feeling like I was out. I'm a little sore about it, I guess. I used to be cool, I used to be hip! But.. I'm not now. And like my earlier post says, I'm not about to change myself or Mara for other people. But that's got me in a rut. I still have my dignity, but I don't have any more of that spontaneous fun of which I have such fond memories of. I can't! It's not interesting to these darned new kids. And I've tried to have my fun around them but like I said I feel like it goes ignored.

Really, I'm taking the defeatist way. The new people Sessine describes don't find me interesting. Out the gate, I just don't look as big and shiny as some of those other people. My character, as a real person, is also kind of mean, and OOC I can be pretty critical. So playing with new people is out. Now, the people of the sort that I like to play with, they already took the path I'm describing. Either their narrators are busy or else their characters are holed up in Dwellings and Clan Halls doing private stuff. For me, there's not much to do and in fact I've become weary of II. The only interesting thing that isn't a chore is hanging Mara around the handful of people I actually like in the one or three Dwellings that they frequent. It's repetitious, nothing new happens, and there's this stigma against going to the outposts that removes them as a choice. II stopped being a game for me a while back. It stopped really being fun. It's something I resent happening but I guess that either I've outgrown it or it's outgrown me.

*(Actually Mara's bag holds a towel, rations, dry packages of medicinal herbs, spare supplies to make explosives in the field, a carton of cigarettes, extra water, spare fuzes, dry food for rations, a set of picks (she's a crap lock-picker), and a first-aid kit with a length of gauze, surgical tape, twine, a razor blade, and else a few random odds and ends she finds in the Jungle.)

They all think I'm crazy, but I know better. It is not I who are crazy. It is I who am MAD!

Profile Email
spandex
 Friday, February 03 2012 @ 11:05 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

"That said, if you know you're doing a dramatic scene, keep it away from the outposts."

Barely anyone reads these forums, but I'm still compelled to respond, because this is the sort of premise that leads to players spouting arbitrary rules, divisiveness and what Agelmar has described. Do what you want in outposts and everywhere, just 'don't be a dick', and follow the basic RP guidelines.

Profile Email
CheshireCat
 Friday, February 03 2012 @ 05:01 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Fair enough, dex.

The Island's Most Married Kittyjoker.

Profile Email
Agelmar
 Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 02:04 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: spandex

"That said, if you know you're doing a dramatic scene, keep it away from the outposts."

Barely anyone reads these forums, but I'm still compelled to respond, because this is the sort of premise that leads to players spouting arbitrary rules, divisiveness and what Agelmar has described. Do what you want in outposts and everywhere, just 'don't be a dick', and follow the basic RP guidelines.

Well, yes. That's the set of rules I follow. Don't be a dick (unless they start first and then it's okay to just unload on them) and try to be a team player.

Being a team player doesn't mean be a team character. I often stress (how many times I have had to tell people that when they're not Cool, Calm, and Collected, they should be off of II) that I am not my character and as acerbic as Mara is, usually I'm wearing a grin while playing her.
I've been told off for violence in the Outposts; one person misunderstands the PvP rule, and they spread that misunderstanding, and those people further misunderstand it, and then you have lots of people telling you that anything so violent as drawing a knife IS NOT ALLOWED EVER IN OUTPOSTS SHAME ON YOU (apparently there are children here (well-hidden, too. (some not as well as they think they are. (Yes, you know who you are. (I'm watching you.)))))

Before I write another three novels here, I'm going to say what I came in here to say. Yes, I agree with spandex. There's only a few rules. Yes, they are easy to follow. Yes, it is possible to write a violent character as a passive person. No, you are not a Mod, and the most you can do as a player is advise people if they're doing something wrong. No, there's no [BAN] on anything loud and disruptive in an outpost, and No, that's not what violence is. As far as I interpret it, the 'rule' on violence is there to keep II from being a hostile environment, and to keep people from having their characters attacked over a bent spork in Kittania because they thought it would be fun to mule-kick spontaneously. Just try not to be overdramatic. Usually plots or Events that are dramatic are private, and to involve everyone in an Outpost in them as bystanders is a little rude. More pie-throwing, less crying. At least in Outposts. That's as much as I can say.
*deep breath*

Okay, I'm done here. I think I'll sign up for every creative-writing class there is in my county.

Profile Email
Harris
 Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 05:02 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I had a batch of cooks get into a knife fight to the death in NewHome in your honor, Ag. Thought you'd wanna know. Cool

Profile Email Website
Agelmar
 Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 08:39 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Harris

I had a batch of cooks get into a knife fight to the death in NewHome in your honor, Ag. Thought you'd wanna know. Cool

Sorry, what? When was this? How in honour of me?

Profile Email
Harris
 Saturday, February 04 2012 @ 03:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, you made a lot of points about being berated for violence in outposts, and I felt a bit inspired by your own M.O. when a fellow contestant wielded another contestant as a projectile weapon, so.... A duck was knocked unconscious, a gang war amongst chefs started, and events took their natural course.

(A day or two ago)

Profile Email Website
Chef Micha
 Monday, February 13 2012 @ 05:06 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Harris

THE NEXT TIME THIS EVER HAPPENS, HARRIS - you'd better let me know. I want to pull some of that shit.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.67 seconds
New Topic Post Reply