Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Monster Distribution?
 |  Printable Version
Twosocks Monkey
 Sunday, May 06 2012 @ 12:37 PM UTC (Read 2924 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

In my quest to learn everything there is to know about Island Monsters, I decided to do some categorizing.

I made up the categories, so there's wiggle room*, but here is what I've found**:

So, I don't really know that it means anything, but I found it fascinating. Look how few plants there are! IN THE JUNGLE!

Not that it's bad! Just...huh.

Anyway, this is just one of those things I thought was interesting and figured I'd share, in the spirit of...sharing?

I mixed all the playable races together but here's the breakdown I was using (it's not perfect, but it's close I hope):

Human 105
Animal 70
Item 59
Monster 47
Your own body 22
Fourth Wall 18
Midget 12
Plant 11
Surroundings 10
Zombie 6
Mutant 5
Morph 5
Robot 5
Joker 2
Total 377

*For instance, is a Zombie Kitten a Zombie or an Animal? What about the Jokombidgbotantmorph? It's all also in the monster list I have going, if you're curious how I classified something like BEACH! (surroundings).

**This is my first google pie chart, please bear with me friends who know charts well (Budd and Sessine spring to mind).

Yours in randomness.

-Rose

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Sunday, May 06 2012 @ 04:17 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Huh. That many 'Your Own Body' monsters...?

And yes, it does look like there's plenty of room for more Plant foes, once we get back to accepting new monsters. (That's been on hold for a while, pending a tool to supply Puzzle Combat targets.)

This is all very interesting and useful! Share the link?

Profile Email
Twosocks Monkey
 Sunday, May 06 2012 @ 05:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

This is all very interesting and useful! Share the link?

Yay useful!

Ummmm....my signature line? Oops! (points below, then below again)

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe

PS: So THAT's why I haven't gotten feedback on my last two monsters. I usually at least get a 'no thanks you aren't worthy' note.

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Sunday, May 06 2012 @ 05:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

18 forth wall monsters?! I can only remember 2-3!

Also, Sessine, that explains why my monsters haven't yet been rejected like the crap they are.

Profile Email Website
Awesome Fred
 Monday, May 07 2012 @ 12:19 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

There's got to be at least 3 Jokers. You have Crafty Joker and Death or Cake Man, but not The Angler. If you want, I can try to contribute to this list, and also I can list which ones I authored.

Profile Email
Twosocks Monkey
 Monday, May 07 2012 @ 11:24 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Jokers? Yeah well there's also regular Broth Joker, who I think I should add even though he's a SOMETHING IMPROBABLE...he still sorta counts...and that Ferry Joker too. So that's at least four... Oh list, will you ever be done?

As for Help? Yes please!

I have no clue how I'll ever find all the authors. And though it's super fun doing this, I like help! It's easy to edit, so hack away! and fix! I'm bug prone I'm finding. First calculations are off by at least 10 on humans (115 not 105).

Big Grin

-Rose

Profile Email Website
Matthew
 Monday, May 07 2012 @ 09:09 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I find it hilarious that so few jungle monsters are actual monsters.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Tuesday, May 08 2012 @ 02:10 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

What I would really like to know is the number of jungle monsters that are other contestants. ....with careful consideration, of course, since This Guy (lvl 1), That Guy (lvl 15), and This Guy (lvl 16) are all the same Guy.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, May 08 2012 @ 03:34 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Trowa

What I would really like to know is the number of jungle monsters that are other contestants. ....with careful consideration, of course, since This Guy (lvl 1), That Guy (lvl 15), and This Guy (lvl 16) are all the same Guy.

Well, I do always enjoy meeting the Veteran Player (lvl 12). You know the one. You stumble across him in the jungle. He's naked, carrying no weapons, and covered in blood. Too late, you realize that it isn't his own. The custom title should have been a tip-off...

Then there's Qwerty, the Jokombidgbotantmorph (lvl 14).

It's quite possible that the Insurance Salesman (lvl 9) and the Reluctant Cannibal (lvl 10) are also contestants.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Tuesday, May 08 2012 @ 09:59 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

There's also Doggymorph, I think?

Profile Email
Twosocks Monkey
 Tuesday, May 08 2012 @ 11:19 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

There's also newly contestant (can't find her in my list, but I remember her SHE EXISTS I SWEAR, with BOOBS), plus the unfortunate guy who kills your awesome succubus action (Bumbling Ally), and i always figured that Well Meaning Moron was a contestant. I have to agree with Sessine, I've always thought of Reluctant Cannibal as a contestant.

Also for some reason I always imagine Maniak when I come across the Veteran Player. Requires serious brain bleach.

I'm sure there's more?

-Rose

Profile Email Website
Trowa
 Tuesday, May 08 2012 @ 11:32 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Twosocks+Monkey

There's also newly contestant (can't find her in my list, but I remember her SHE EXISTS I SWEAR, with BOOBS)

This one got axed March last year. It was in the "If I Could Change One Small Thing About the Island" thread. (I'm not linking it...)

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Ada
 Wednesday, May 09 2012 @ 12:42 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Also for some reason I always imagine Maniak when I come across the Veteran Player. Requires serious brain bleach.

Do you kill him, or run?

Profile Email
Twosocks Monkey
 Wednesday, May 09 2012 @ 11:25 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ada

Do you kill him, or run?

Good question! It depends on if I have enough grenades.

Big Grin

Profile Email Website
Maniak
 Wednesday, May 09 2012 @ 03:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

That's a very rational fear. It's also quite a common one, which explains the presence of this handy tip on his wiki page:

Quote by: Maniak's wiki page.

Should you encounter a wild Maniak on the Island, apply Monster Repellent. He'll then tell you why you suck for attempting such a manoeuvre and offer a superior alternative.

Use this information wisely.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Thursday, May 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

In other notes, at least TWO monsters attack with eggs.

-Rose

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.62 seconds
New Topic Post Reply